• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opioid tolerance

kholefiend

Greenlighter
i went on a 5 day oxy bender ending 7 days ago and i was wondering if i will have a tolerance if i take some tonight. i was taking pretty low doses through those 5 days ranging from 10-25 mg a day because before that i had no tolerance.

i went on a 5 day oxy bender ending 7 days ago and i was wondering if i will have a tolerance if i take some tonight. i was taking pretty low doses through those 5 days ranging from 10-25 mg a day because before that i had no tolerance.
It might go down a little but in my experience it takes longer plus tolerance becomes cumulative after a while which turns into perma tolerance. Even once a week will slowly build up tolerance.

I hate to be that guy but based on your early usage patterns in my experience your probably going to be physically addicted within the year.

Last edited:
Oxycodone has a short half-life (somewhere around 4.5 hours), but as somnilicious said, repeated doses can cause the drug to accumulate and thus the tolerance will rise the more often you use. After a week you will still have some tolerance, especially after a binge like that.

I
I took 7.5 mg oxy everyday for about 5 years straight. Wait till AT LEAST 6:00pm everyday and don’t up your dose.