• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioid Tolerance or Something Else?

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I’ll get straight to the point:
It’s been years since I’ve had any recreational benefit from opioids. No matter how much I consume, I never have any euphoria or anything of that nature. It merely prevents me from withdrawing. I can take up to 100mg-150mg of Norco or Percocet throughout the day, yet nothing. The only time I feel anything is when I’m admitted in the hospital. They will provide IV Dilaudid, and for a brief 30 seconds after the push I’ll get a head rush but after that it dissipates completely.

I can comprehend having a tolerance. It’s only natural after years of using. On the other hand, it seems strange that I can never achieve recreational value out of opiates regardless of how much I consume. One day I consumed well over 200mg of Norco and still achieved nothing.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

That is very strange..possibly you are superhuman idk I'm interested in this myself so hopefully someone else will come along soon and shed some light on this.

Here’s what I wrote in the other thread.
I’ve met a person who claims (and he seems like a solid, truthful guy) that back in the day when he was basically paid in heroin after years and years he got to the point where he would keep trying to get high with I.V. heroin and at one point his dose was such that it would knock him out but he claims high beside initial rush and than passing out was almost non-existent. He was certainly doing heroin and not something else and heroin here usually doesn’t really have active cuts, at least it didn’t back than.
Just so you know that same guy went to a rehab and was able to get high again. So I guess just take a break if you want to get high again?