• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opioid/pregabalin

dynodavie

Bluelighter
So because of the opioid crisis, my dr as an alternative put me on pregabalin and because of side effects i quit them and these withdrawals suck, im not on any other substance but weed cbd oil and my blood thinner, does anyone know if a Percocet 10 would ease these pregabalin withdrawal ? haven't done any opioids in a month or so and i have kicked Percocet a couple times before after a few months use but i believe this pregabalin withdrawal may be worse anyone's input would be greatly appreciated..

I believe that you would feel somewhat better as opioids would take away some anxiety, pain and give some energy, but opioids are not appropriate replacement for gabapentinoids and could lead into more complications. I am sorry that you are hurting. Do you have some pregabalin left to taper? You can open the capsule and take less pregabalin by removing the powder from capsule. Digital scale would be the best choice if you decide to lower the doses that way. Hope you have better options than Percocet for pregabalin withdrawal.

I believe that you would feel somewhat better as opioids would take away some anxiety, pain and give some energy, but opioids are not appropriate replacement for gabapentinoids and could lead into more complications. I am sorry that you are hurting. Do you have some pregabalin left to taper? You can open the capsule and take less pregabalin by removing the powder from capsule. Digital scale would be the best choice if you decide to lower the doses that way. Hope you have better options than Percocet for pregabalin withdrawal.
@Sunyecho im 3 days deep on the pregabalin withdraw i was only on it but 2 or 3 days for about 3 weeks in a row then 7 days in a row @ 300 mg a day, then quit 6 days ago but anxiety got so bad and i had a couple of things that had to be done for my kids so i did 300 mg 3 days ago now im 3 days deep again and im hoping this shall pass soon without having to do anymore i do have some to taper if it get to uncomfy do you think if i could muscle it out a couple more days it will mostly be gone, thanks for your time my friend.....seems like a long taper would be worse at this point whats your take on it since i was'nt on it years or nothing..

Try to follow my weird logic here. This is based mostly upon personal experience. Say, you have this wheel and on it there are Benzodiazepines, then Gabapentinoids, then Opioids. I believe that they all can effectively mitigate withdrawal from one another, but none can completely fill in for the other. An Opioid will probably make you feel better, yes, but it;s not likely to end the pain of your current withdrawal from Pregabalin. I would be concerned about you restarting your Opioid habit by accident in the process. As you are probably already aware of, it can take a matter of days to completely restart an Opioid depedence in previously dependent users,

Try to follow my weird logic here. This is based mostly upon personal experience. Say, you have this wheel and on it there are Benzodiazepines, then Gabapentinoids, then Opioids. I believe that they all can effectively mitigate withdrawal from one another, but none can completely fill in for the other. An Opioid will probably make you feel better, yes, but it;s not likely to end the pain of your current withdrawal from Pregabalin. I would be concerned about you restarting your Opioid habit by accident in the process. As you are probably already aware of, it can take a matter of days to completely restart an Opioid depedence in previously dependent users,
@Keif' Richards yea in a better mind space right this minute gonna try and muscle it out a couple more days and see where i stand then anxiety coming and going

Three weeks daily at what dose?

Shouldnt produce too much of a withdrawal syndrome, though I would definitely feel it. But that is because ive had past high dose pregabalin and gabapentin habits, in fact I currently have a 4g/day phenibut habit because of the brutal insomnia that gabapentin withdrawal produced and I couldn't handle it.

Youre lucky you stopped 3 weeks in. Run with it. Get some agmatine sulfate, dose 1g 2x a day. It'll be over soon.

Of course oxycodone will help, but oxycodone will help anything (included having your leg amputated).