• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioid cross tolerance

msedward43

Bluelighter
I'm usually an Oxy taker and have stuck at 30 mg once a week for a nice pleasant relaxing evening and it's perfect. however, I ran out of my usual meds, and only have some Vico 10's on hand..... I just want to make sure I get the conversion down right as I haven't taken Vic's in YEARS (and they always were fantastic).

conversion is that 30 mg of Oxy is about 45 mg of Hydro at equanalgesic levels, but to subtract 25%-33% for incomplete cross tolerance when swapping from oxy to vic's. Leaving me at about 33 mg of Vic's at 25% reduction and 30.18 for 33% reduction from 45. Just want to make sure my thinking is correct that at those reduction rates 30 mg of hydro will give me roughly the same effects as 30 mg oxy due to incomplete cross tolerance as I haven't taken hydro in at least 2-3 years (loved them when I did have them for that short period of time. I liked them better than my oxy)

(the oxy and the hydro are both straight from a prescription bottle, not street and confirmed legit as the oxy is my script, and the hydro is a friend who has extra)

Last edited: