• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioid/benzo

FedorGOAT

Greenlighter
I just finished my last opioid yesterday(after like 4 years 3 months of constantly been on them for everything from ankle break to foot break and septic arthritis which nearly killed me and has left me in agony at times and certainly not a fully usable wrist. Anyway I had a bit of a mental breakdown(bipolar) and tried to OD 3 week back, managed to get tonnes of valium(street) and downed the lot and downed a 35cl bottle of whisky hoping not to wake up. Luckily I did and I am getting psychiatric treatment. They also have me on a 20mg-5mg down 5mg per week until i'm off the diazepam to give e some sort of reprieve I guess. One question I have and it may sound an odd one but since my last 30mg codeine yesterday and when I do stop the diazepam will I expect a backlog of well excrement as I haven't needed to go to the toilet nearly near enough as my usually daily after coffee before all this. I guess the worst was when I was on shortec and longtec for the septic arthritis. I do feel bloated ALL the time so i'm hoping for some reprieve(pardon the pun lol)

Thank you

There are many others here who can address the science and physical attributes of the drugs you mentioned. I'm here to just address a bit of the humanity...
We are so glad you woke up and pray you continue a positive mental health journey. It's never easy. That's why we have this page! So you don't have to go it alone. Keep pushing forward but be careful.

One question I have and it may sound an odd one but since my last 30mg codeine yesterday and when I do stop the diazepam will I expect a backlog of well excrement as I haven't needed to go to the toilet nearly near enough as my usually daily after coffee before all this.
I would suspect that once you fall into your new "routine" and start eating better with plenty of fresh water bloating will ease and one will return to pre-opioid usage regularity.
Ya don't mention any medical reasons why these symptoms being present so with info we have to work with I would think things would suss out given a little time.
Best wishes with this and welcome to bluelight.
J