• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opinions on taking 2 tabs your first LSD trip?

phildil201

Greenlighter
Let me just preface this by saying I'm planning on tripping for my first time in a few days, and I feel as though taking 1 tab would be just a bit underwhelming. I've done plenty of research on LSD (probably hundreds of hours worth) and have been trying all that I can to understand the inner workings of the drug. I want a very profound experience, and I feel as though my mindset is diligent enough to undergo the possible life-changing experiences that might occur.
Onto the questions, what are your guys' opinions on taking 2 tabs for your first LSD trip? (with each tab around 100-120mcg)? Do you feel as if a dose of 200+ mcg was too intense for your first time, or perhaps a lot more insightful than if you would have taken 1 tab your first time?
Thanks in advance for any of your responses. :)

Wait a little, wait two weeks and take 1 tab but wait to start taking two tabs at once, I have taken LSD tabs by themselves and only once have I ever taken 2 at once. And no, one tab 200mcg is a good amount probably a good amount but only take one. Wait a little before you start taking two tabs at once is what I would say, but I took two tabs and smoked some weed once and had the worst trip ever.

It's all relative to the individual. I've taken 25 hits before and had a fantastic trip and taken one or two and had a horrible trip. Depends on the strength of the acid and really your frame of mind more than anything

But two tabs isn't going to kill you, so I say have at it. We used to do something called "puddling" with liquid acid. Basically stick your hand out and squirt. Not suggesting such absurd amounts to anyone - I went to college during the peak of the rave scene in the '90's, so massive amounts of drugs was not that uncommon

It's all relative to the individual. I've taken 25 hits before and had a fantastic trip and taken one or two and had a horrible trip. Depends on the strength of the acid and really your frame of mind more than anything

But two tabs isn't going to kill you, so I say have at it. We used to do something called "puddling" with liquid acid. Basically stick your hand out and squirt. Not suggesting such absurd amounts to anyone - I went to college during the peak of the rave scene in the '90's, so massive amounts of drugs was not that uncommon
He is right, two tabs won't kill you but I just would possibly reccomend waiting until you have adjusted to acid a little more. It's a great drug if you let it be :)

Is there a specific reason you don't want to try one tab, and then if you want to go further try two after a few weeks? With LSD tabs you never really know how they are dosed, so while often they are not too strong you could be one of the lucky (or in this case unlucky?) ones who actually get tabs at 100-150mcg or even higher and then two will probably be too much.

Do you have any experience with other psychedelics? Do you plan on having a tripsitter around?

Is there a specific reason you don't want to try one tab, and then if you want to go further try two after a few weeks? With LSD tabs you never really know how they are dosed, so while often they are not too strong you could be one of the lucky (or in this case unlucky?) ones who actually get tabs at 100-150mcg or even higher and then two will probably be too much.

Do you have any experience with other psychedelics? Do you plan on having a tripsitter around?
LSD is hard to come by in my area, so I have no clue how soon or how long it could be until I get my hands on more, so until that time I'm only left with 2 tabs. Thus my concern with the possibility of it being underwhelming. So I want my experience to be worthwhile in the event that I can't get any more for a prolonged period of time. Although, I am getting it from a reputable source who's labeled it as 125mcg. I don't have any experience with other psychedelics, and yes, I plan on having a trip sitter. (For a large portion of the trip, but they do have to go to work)

Last edited:
I see. Well it's good that you're planning to have a tripsitter, not having one would be one of the biggest mistakes a firsttimer could make, I think.

I have to make it clear that I have only very little experience with LSD, so I'm really just going from what I have heard/read online. Back when LSD was legal and people were getting reliable doses, afaik 100mcg was considered enough for a full experience that really nobody would have considered light/weak/shallow. Of course people were also taking higher doses, but that really depends on what you are trying to achieve. 100mcg should by no means be underwhelming for the average person. I recently tried 150mcg of 1P-LSD, which should be more or less as potent as classic LSD, and it was surprisingly strong.

Nowadays of course the situation is different, as LSD tabs are often presented to be at 100mcg or higher, when they are in fact more in the range of 50-80mcg. This leads to many people saying, that you should at least take two tabs at a time, otherwise it would just be a waste. As others said before, taking two tabs of LSD, even strong doses, won't be physically dangerous. (That is, *if* you have actual LSD. It would be wise to invest in a reagent test, you don't have to waste a whole tab for that either, just cut off a tiny sliver.) Psychologically it's a different story. In the end you have to decide for yourself, if you would rather risk a underwhelming or a overwhelming experience.

i took two hits of some very strong blotter my first time and had the time of my life. and i was 14 years old at the time with no tripsitter besides my 2 best friends tripping with me. i had no problems handeling that dose. everyone is diifernt and if you want to air on the side of caution than just take 1. most peoples sweet spot is 200- 300 ugs. And that is if you actually have lsd. i gotta felling that more than 50% of lsd being sold atm is 1p-lsd, or a mix of al lad and 1p. a novice would have no clue in the diffeneces.

1 tab is very nice, but my friends and I agreed that 2 is where the true psychedelic nature starts showing itself. Introduced 2 friends with 1 tab, and the 3rd with 1.5, and they all had a hell of a time. You never forget that first time :D
Be safe! It keeps amazing me how much influence set & setting has, and when we're listening to music it even makes a whole lot of difference between sitting up or laying down, or even the direction you're facing.
Have fun, but do not underestimate it.

Completely dependent on the dose you're starting with. I would just try one and see how it goes. Better safe than sorry.

Go for it! Even if the tabs were really good 2 tabs probably wouldn't be too scary for you. Just make sure your enviorment is safe and controlled and you should be fine.

Take one,wait a hour make sure u dont go crazy and u feel okay,then take the other

u will still get the intensity of 2 tabs if u take them within a hour of each other..I don't know the science behind it but that's how I usually take my tabs..I used to take 2 straight up until I got a RC once ..I like to make sure it's okay before I take 2 of anything on blotter paper since then

Last edited:
If it's your first time with LSD, then you will definitely want to begin with just one tab. So many things can affect your trip: your tripsitter, for one, expectations, actual dosage, other medications taken, body build. 125 micrograms should be enough, if you're really concerned you can do what I did on some occasions - take 1 1/2 tabs. You'll be stuck with just half a tab, and yet that tab will be enough for more fun, that is, if you intend to score more lsd anyway. I understand the problem is that you want to take full advantage of the situation since LSD is difficult to score in your area, but it is better to have an OK trip, than a terrible one. That being said, 250 micrograms, two tabs, will definitely send you on a heavy trip; nonetheless, an hour wait until the peak begins to set will let you know if you need more or you do not.

There are so many things you may or may not need on your trip. Timothy Leary has written a great deal: The Psychedelic Experience is a great book you might want to check out. It's great to have as a companion, even if it is a bit outdated.

Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting this many responses. Thank you all for answering.
In the end, what I'll probably do is take one tab and see how it treats me, and then an hour later if I feel completely comfortable with the experience, I'll take the other tab.

Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting this many responses. Thank you all for answering.
In the end, what I'll probably do is take one tab and see how it treats me, and then an hour later if I feel completely comfortable with the experience, I'll take the other tab.

Wise choice. Be sure to stay patient and give it plenty of time before you drop the second. Are you 100% sure it's real LSD, and not an NBOMe or DOx? If it turns out to be the latter, double dosing could become a horrible experience.

Wise choice. Be sure to stay patient and give it plenty of time before you drop the second. Are you 100% sure it's real LSD, and not an NBOMe or DOx? If it turns out to be the latter, double dosing could become a horrible experience.
Yes, I'm 100% sure. I wouldn't risk taking it unless I knew for certain it was actually LSD