• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opinions on eating food on psychedelics?

teacup

Greenlighter
My friend and I had always let the "you don't have an appetite and won't want to eat on psychedelics" thing take over our mind on trips past. But then one time on shrooms, we ate these colorful macaons, and it was sensational. We didn't have any access to more food that time, but we decided we'd give food a chance on our next trip.

Recently, we did tripped on acid, and we the food we prepared was a fruit cup (mangos, strawberries, and kiwi) and a brownie for each of us. We were in heaven. By the time we started eating in our trip, we didn't have the stamina to go to a store to buy more foods to try, so we worked with what we already had at home. Leftover baked ziti, Hostess Christmas tree cakes, salty rice crackers, tea with honey, coffee, hot cocoa (just the powder!), vanilla soy milk, and of course orange juice. We were really in the mood for a delicious cheese pizza and mac 'n cheese, but we didn't have any at home, haha.

I feel like I've heard most people say that eating is weird or unpleasant on acid and other psychedelics, in part because you don't feel hungry, and in pat because it can feel weird. But once we thought about food, we were hungry, and we were so intrigued by the tastes and textures that nothing about it seemed weird at all! In fact, we decided that eating was the most pleasurable sensation to experience while tripping for us! We decided that next time we trip, we're going to be prepared with an large supply of sample-sized foods to experience all the different flavors and feels.

Any thoughts on food and drink when tripping? Do you have a food or beverage you would recommend trying on our next trip?

I stick with fruit and candy. Fruit is great because its sweet and produces its own juice so you dont have to worry about it drying out your mouth. Then there is the whole saliva dissolving carbohydrates that makes it easier to eat or whatever so you dont even really need to chew it as much as other things so you can "give up in the middle" if you cant chew really.

But I have tried more complex things or started tripping in the middle of a meal and had stuff like fish or meat become very hard to eat and the idea gross. A fridge full of fruits of all kinds water and lightly sugared drinks are great. But its hard for me to eat when tripping and i only do it if i feel i need to. I try to eat well before i trip and have even just a pound of strawberries to eat if i need a snack

Fruit or soup. Anything else is too much of a challenge. I remember one time I had a lemon cucumber and it blew my mind

If you want to eat, eat. Fruit and small baked goods are nice ^.
OTH Best chowder recipe I ever came up with was on the comedown of DXM + 2C-E still at a pretty strong ++, and that should have made all food sound terrible, but came away with something tasty that my wife asks me to make to this day whenever it's cold.

My favorites are fruit salads, fruit smoothies, olives (first time I bit down on one I had to hold on to the wall, flavor explosion almost knocked me down :D), and various candy. I kind of want to try a hardboiled egg with some salt next trip.
I didn't eat any, but last trip during comedown I reheated some soup I made the day before, pumpkin & carrot with fresh herbs & everything, and my tripbuddies emptied the pot, lol. Think I'll bring cauliflower soup next time, and maybe bake a cake.

Eating on psychedelics is great because your senses are so heightened.
Fruit is my favourite, being natural, sweet and having interesting texture.

Yes, I do usually eat while on psychedelics. Fruit(smoothie) is always a good choice, from time to time I really enjoy some licorice and on a few occasions I have cooked a real meal. Lately I like to snack on wasabi-coated peas, really delicious... though having some kind of yoghurtdrink handy is a strongly advised. 8o

I always had the same thoughts as you during my trips, but during my last one (LSD) I had the munchies as if I had smoked a bowl or something. It was around Halloween so I just started smashing on candy. I have a big assortment of teas, and the ginger tea I picked was absolutely heavenly.

I read something during that trip as well saying that the common nausea that one gets on LSD is usually completely psychosomatic. Strangely enough, after reading that I got that intense hunger. Not surprising at all that LSD would have such a profound effect on the gut brain as well.

Everything on psychs is good!

Pretty much this. Then again if you think too hard on psychedelics anything can be horrifying. Some people find sex repulsive when tripping while I find it fantastic.

Once the initial stomach churning period passes any food can be amazing, especially tastes and smells that are unusual. Exotic fruits are interesting, popping candy can be explosive. We often make a platter of pate and antipasto with cured meats and olives etc.

The only thing you don't want to do is prepare it while tripping balls.

Yeah, i made a curry tripping once, because i was really hungry and didn't have anything to snack on.
It worked out well, but was very challenging - not to mention dangerous. I think i burned myself putting onions in hot oil.
Learned to plan ahead with such capers...

My biggest fear is the gas camping lantern which connects to my camp stove. If I don't seal all the hoses I have visions of becoming a Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial

Yeah, I did have a pretty bad case of lockjaw on my last trip, which did make it hard and slightly less enjoyable to chew. But the goodness of the taste and texture definitely outweighed the difficulty of chewing, so we made it work!

Cake is my favorite food, I think. It's so soft and spongey...it's just bliss. 8)

I like all sorts of drinks while I'm tripping, but eating is a gamble. I got super munchies while coming down on 5-meo-mipt, but I was doing a keto diet while tripping on 2C-E, and the cheese and coffee with cream I tried to eat were disgusting. I could almost feel the cream curdling in my mouth, and got stuck on how weird it is we drink cow titty milk. I seriously have considered going vegan since. Forgettaboutit

Eating is important because low blood sugar can turn your trip negative. On the other hand, most food is terrifying and disgusting. :) So it's a challenge sometimes. Depends on the compound, though. On shrooms, I get the munchies like weed. One of my best trips (on 4-ho-met) I was wrapped in blankets, headphones in, munching on a candy cane. It was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life. I think tryptamines are less problematic for me when it comes to eating. On mescaline or lysergides, generally it's been unpleasant.

I like all sorts of drinks while I'm tripping, but eating is a gamble. I got super munchies while coming down on 5-meo-mipt, but I was doing a keto diet while tripping on 2C-E, and the cheese and coffee with cream I tried to eat were disgusting. I could almost feel the cream curdling in my mouth, and got stuck on how weird it is we drink cow titty milk. I seriously have considered going vegan since. Forgettaboutit
My vegetarianism started off from eating meat very stoned on pot.
16 years later, i havent had a change of heart - and eat very little in the way of dairy products either.
It's interesting how these states of altered consciousness can bring about thought patterns that can diverge radically from how we normally think - and stay with us, or return to normal as the high dissipates.
Not wishing to derail this into some vego (or anti-vego) rant, but i consider cannabis to be psychedelic in many ways, and it has had some pretty profound effects on me.

We haven't gone vegetarian yet, but my girlfriend and I made it a goal while on mushrooms.

There's nothing I love more than taking LSD or shrooms, smoking loads of pot, and just eating everything in the house!

I'll never forget eating pizza coming off a cool ass DOB trip I could taste every individual topping like I was eating it alone

I've never enjoyed eating while tripping. One time, I hadn't eaten in 16+ hours and I realised that the "empty" feeling I had inside was hunger, so I had a nibble on a pull-apart bread. I ended up accidentally eating the one with meat in it, not the vego bread, and it was weird just thinking of the souls I was consuming at that time. I wasn't even vegitarian.