• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opinions Needed - "responsible opiate use"

Wow, I was incredibly surprised to see how many people replied to this. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and reply.

I appreciate everyons opinions, I'm sure alot of you read this and were like "been there, done that." Just wanted to point a few things out, when I said 60mg I wasnt saying in a single dose, my single dose is 15-22.5, 60mg is over say 18 hours. Also, today is day 2 of nothing, no kratom, and yesterday i felt about 90% today i feel completely fine. No sickness whatsoever. Im sure this can change overtime, im not questioning that. Someone mentioned that it would be a lot of wasted money and time on this, and I have to disagree as the money spent on this only multiplies through work. I have been crushig my job when I take this, so much that everyone notices. Its pretty fucked up stuff!

Just getting things off my chest.

Thanks again everyone! :)

^Yep due to oxycodone I performed really well at work whilst in chronic pain, suffering PTSD anxiety and panic attacks and a 12month old baby at home, so it definitely enabled me to cope where I otherwise would have crumbled like cornflakes.

Dealing with the huge opioid habit later isn't fun of course but there must be balance..... so I balance it with heaps of bupe

This thread's had some good discussion but after looking over it again I think it might do better in DC, so OD-->DC

Hi guys,

Quick update- I used kratom this past fri, sat, and sunday. The last 2 days I was able to lower my tolerance (single dose) to 15mg (3x a day) and its been working beautifully. Again, I appreciate everyone who took the time to read and reply. Best of luck everyone, stay safe.

Everyones brain is different, I've used and used many many drugs recreationally without ever becoming addicted until I tried opiates and it flipped a switch in my brain where I had to have them. I can pick up and put down almost every drug known to man without caring except opiates. Those little bastards hooked me from the first try. So I think it's entirely possible for someone to use them with a take it or leave it attitude. I do suggest that if you ever do suspect that attitude is changing you better drop them and run. Although by then it's usually too late. It is a slippery slope but I don't think it's impossible.

Its rare, but it can be done....opiates are addictive, but what makes them.more addictive to one person than the next?

Its the persons mind set & how each person is wired. Some people get addicted to both uppers & downers while others only like one of them.

I have a friend that hates opiates with a passion but loves uppers.....he's been a successful chipper with uppers for over 15 years, he's a bank manager, married & 3 kids.

It can be done, & has been done successfully, but its rare, good luck!

It can be done.
I have a very addictive personality and was addicted to uppers, dissociatives and downers. And took psychedelics every now and then.

My Main addictions were benzos for six years and opioids/opiates for 4 years.

I thought i'll never be able to take any drug in a "responsible" manner.
But i didnt take any stimulant since 2010 (okay...2 times methylphenidat in 2012), not addicted to benzos anymore since 2009, no psychedelics since 2009, no dissociatives since 2012 and am not addicted to opioids/opiates anymore since 2014.

I did however take benzos a few times inbetween and opioids/opiates 3 times in the last two years.

I have no desire to take benzos and stimulants anymore. But i would love to take a dissociative and even moreso an opi.

But i just started to get my shit together in 2013 and dont want to mess it up.

So i'm okay with taking an opi every now and then. I have to stand the cravings afterwards but thats okay.

Even though i did take opioids/opiates, benzos for a longer period and went through full blown withdrawals (mainly benzos) .my main problem was my love and hate relationship with amphetamine....because that was the drug i was least responsible with and except 6 months were i took it daily, I pushed it always so far til i got psychotic and that lead to other things which stopped me from progressing in live.
Devils circle.

I'm not sure if I got a bit offtopic.

I like to go on opiate vacations where I take them maybe 2x a week for a while. Maybe I could do that indefinitely... so far I usually stop after a couple months to take a break.

So, I can use them responsibly, even weekly for as long as I've attempted. I bet some people could go on with weekend warrior status forever, but it kind of sucks. You go the whole week knowing you're a step from heaven. OTOH it can be a motivator, an incredible reward for those of supreme mental fortitude. I don't believe having weekend nods to look forward to as #1 activity is a great life. For me, my life has sucked enough that it was better than the alternative. Poor and no opiates or more poor and opiates. I chose and will choose #2. YMMV.

Disclaimer: I am not a happy person and just because I am able to chip doesn't mean shit.

Hey guys, It seems the consensus here is that everyones brain works differently, however it has the great potential to be something very dangerous (addiction wise). I'm still doing 15mg a dose, would like to somehow cut to 10mg a dose so will figure out how to get it into thirds. Anyway, appreciate the replies back. If anyone is in the same situation, I hope they find this helpful

Cheers, its friday :)

So, I can use them responsibly, even weekly for as long as I've attempted. I bet some people could go on with weekend warrior status forever, but it kind of sucks. You go the whole week knowing you're a step from heaven. OTOH it can be a motivator, an incredible reward for those of supreme mental fortitude. I don't believe having weekend nods to look forward to as #1 activity is a great life. For me, my life has sucked enough that it was better than the alternative.

Agreed. To maintain sustainable happiness, my goals must be more than perpetual oblivion (or heaven or whatever you wanna call it). It's only when life my life has been in the shitter that I prefer that lifestyle to being totally off opi's. Your brain might try to trick you otherwise, but you gotta maintain that objective logic.

Hi guys, still doing the same. Does anyone know how to cut one of these into 1/3s to get (3) 10mg pieces?

Everyones brain is different, I've used and used many many drugs recreationally without ever becoming addicted until I tried opiates and it flipped a switch in my brain where I had to have them. I can pick up and put down almost every drug known to man without caring except opiates. Those little bastards hooked me from the first try. So I think it's entirely possible for someone to use them with a take it or leave it attitude. I do suggest that if you ever do suspect that attitude is changing you better drop them and run. Although by then it's usually too late. It is a slippery slope but I don't think it's impossible.

I'm much the same, I can use meth, weed, alcohol, and lots of other shit ive tried several times at several points in my life, and never had a problem stopping and not using it again for another period of months to years, no cravings, etc.

But opiates... Love at first sight, cigarettes are the only other drug I only need use once to back using daily for years. As was the case from pretty much the beginning.

Last edited:
Some people are just really into opiates, lol

I mean I think they're fun, and calling me an opiate addict may be an accurate description, but they're hardly fun enough to ruin my (or anyone else's life) over. The exact same reason many opiate addicts can use (insert other, non-opiate drug) and not experience severe problems.

Opiate addicts often have a difficult time conceptualizing how someone can have a different relationship with the drug than they do, however, IMO. (I.E. a non-problematic relationship that continues based on experimental or recreational basis)

Hi guys, still doing the same. Does anyone know how to cut one of these into 1/3s to get (3) 10mg pieces?

Fuck it, cut them into 4 pieces. At least try it out, see if you can manage off 1/4 of the pill, then cut back further or cut it out completely. Scaling back your use is a good step, also good to hear you could go a couple days without it. It's far too easy to get addicted to opiates, it's like a slice of heaven in a substance, but can easily turn into a slice of hell. Here you have to opportunity to not cross that line.

Also, opportunity for a sidebar; you could possibly still use them, but far less frequently than you have been. I personally think it's safer to use recreationally on very seldom occasions than it is to use low doses daily. To use any at all daily means you're already (somewhat) mentally addicted. I'm interested to know what you guys think about this statement; agree or disagree?

Hi all,

Quick update.

Pibolar I took your advice, this morning I did .25 then .25 abt 2.5 hrs later. Its been about 4 hours since and I feel fine. Will keep on this until either weds or thurs, then either jump off entirely or do some 3gram kratom doses then. The jump from .5 to .25 was easy, just didnt bring the energy I was used to, but whatever. Will check in later in the week.

Stay safe everyone