• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Opinions: Does BK-MDMA (Methylone) require the same 'rules' as MDMA?

jess046

Bluelighter
This is one I've been changing my mind on for a few years now, since I was first introduced to BK. At first I thought it didn't require the one month break that MDMA did, but now I'm not sure sure. I did it every week, multiple times for a number of months, with a few breaks here and there. I didn't get a tolerance until about 3 months later, after which I reduced it to about every two weeks with months on and off, until deciding to not do it at all for awhile as result of other things happening in my life. I took a two month break and took it again with decent results, although I honestly can't remember what it used to feel like and if it was substantially better than the effects I get now. I could feel that I was high, see myself chatting, feel considerable empathy for others and feel my inhibitions fading considerably, but there was little to no euphoria (I had taken some 5HTP that week to prepare myself for the roll and stopped the night before, which may have dulled the euphoria somewhat). It's been so long since I first used BK that I really can't remember if this is a good roll and if that magic euphoria real MDMA has was never there to begin with. I had a bad comedown the next day, but no depressive or lethargy effects continuing past the day after. In fact, I found myself with increased mental concentration and in a good mood the next week.

In all this time my MDMA consumption has been minimal, with only a handful of nights on MDMA - most nights, of which were increasingly unsuccessful until I stopped using MDMA entirely.

What has your personal experience being? Is a few back to back weeks okay as long as you take month breaks at various points or even longer breaks? I don't ever want to fall back into weekly usage, but the temptation is always there so long as you can convince yourself that the same rules do not apply to the drug...the temptation is even there with real MDMA and we all know how quickly tolerance develops with that drug.

And where does methampehetamine, mephedrone and all the other bath salt drugs fall within this debate, considering they are seratoin releasers too?

Last edited:
There is evidence that Methylone causes less serotonin release than MDMA, but it's probably safest to treat both with respect.

I would treat them the same on a HR note, although I find methylone can be abused a little more and more frequently without noticeable effects (neurotoxicity isn't noticeable)