Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opiates just don't like me

Simp legendary

Greenlighter
After complaining to a mate again about not being able to get high from opiates, he told me about this site and how's dudes will be able to make me understand

i just can't get high from opiates...

ive tried codeine heaps of time, tried filtering or just swallowing - making my way up to 1,152mg cold wash or 768mg swallowed (60 x nurofen +) ........ All I get is some itching and hot flushes

ive tried endone, went from 2 one day, to 4 the next and now tonight 8 ....... Same, just some itching and that's it. I'm having a few beers now trying to get at least something from it

also tried morphine tab, can't remember mg but it just made me feel heavy

and tramadol, just gave me eye wobbles

whats going on? I want this "blanket over the soul" thing that peeps talk about......??????

what do I need to try? Slamming H isn't an option

cheers

gawd ,wish I had your problem. Some peeps don't like opiates. I watched someone seriously nod after surgery from morphine and later they said they HATED it. Maybe you don't have any opiate receptors in your brain? But seriously best forget about opiates .

I remember my first handful of experiences with opiates (oxycontin), was nothing special and i thought nothing of it, I used infrequently, whenever they popped up or i was offered them, and at some point i hit that high that we all chase, 10 years on and what seemed to be innocent, casual/recreational use at first, has spiraled into addiction and almost daily use. Careful what you wish for hey

Also i'm sure the opiates are working, you're just unfamiliar with their effects, they can be subtle especially when you first start using, as you're most likely expecting a MDMA like rush/europhia, takes a while before you start to understand them. Not to mention codeine is garbage, morphine has a very poor bio-availability, unless you're IVing it, the endones should work, not sure what doses you are doing, or you're tolerance.

Opiates aren't for everyone, there's plenty of other stuff out there, walk away while you can

After complaining to a mate again about not being able to get high from opiates, he told me about this site and how's dudes will be able to make me understand

ive tried codeine heaps of time, tried filtering or just swallowing - making my way up to 1,152mg cold wash or 768mg swallowed (60 x nurofen +) ........ All I get is some itching and hot flushes

ive tried endone, went from 2 one day, to 4 the next and now tonight 8 ....... Same, just some itching and that's it. I'm having a few beers now trying to get at least something from it

also tried morphine tab, can't remember mg but it just made me feel heavy

and tramadol, just gave me eye wobbles

whats going on? I want this "blanket over the soul" thing that peeps talk about......??????

what do I need to try? Slamming H isn't an option

cheers

Welcome me to Blue Light!

What a great physical reaction your instinct has given you!

No need to any further, this shit is bad and it's great that you don't like it.

one less thing/condition to worry about!

Maybe you've been blessed :)

Cheers!

I think you're pretty lucky. Could just be that your brain is wired differently. What other drugs do you enjoy? I'm guessing you don't get much out of benzos.

If you have no tolerance taking massive doses is stupid. If I were you and were dead set on getting a pleasant effect - lower dose, taken with a drowsy anti-histimine like periactin. Lay down in a dark room and clear your mind, relax...maybe put on a movie low volume.

Opiates are an acquired taste for a lot of people. You'd be better off to not acquire it.

Like I said if you still want to get high and was gifted by opium free, the world is yours, smoke weed, drink a beer or just relax..

It might be a case of your body metabolising the opiates in a different way to most people. For example, codeine is metabolised by an enzyme that is present at different levels in different people, meaning that some people get toxic effects at a low dose and some people have to take massive doses just to reach a therapeutic level. You can get tested for these things, and there are ways to inhibit/induce these enzymes, but for the sake of keeping things simple I would suggest letting it go

I think I might be in the same boat as you mate, opiates don't really do much for me at all. I've done CWE on codeine 400mgs and got fuckall really. Smoked afghan heroin off some tin foil with a mate once whilst coming down off LSD and ended up projectile vomiting all over my lounge room. Injected heroin which I know for a fact was good quality and pretty much had the same reaction as the other heroin, just made me VERY VERY sick for about 48 hours and had uncontrolled vomiting, was the absolute worst feeling ever. I've also had 5mg Oxynorm tablets on a few occasions, 2 tabs once, and 4 tabs on two different occasions. Just ended up itchy, nauseous and ended up vomiting on all three occasions. Yeah opies are definitely not my thing. Trainspotting and The Basketball Diaries made me think it was the most intense and euphoric drug ever but it just doesn't work on me at all. Maybe that's a good thing.

Yeah it's definitely a drug that takes time to enjoy.

I first had Endone given to me after a surgery about 8 years ago and all it did for me was make urinating hard to do and not much else.

After more surgeries I was given more and they didn't do a thing. Then due to too much surgery on one area of my body I ended up with chronic pain and that's when I was prescribed Oxycontin. At first it was ok then someone stupidly told me if I bit then in half they would work faster on the pain so my morning 10mg tab would be bitten in half and I would get a nice warm buzz after a few weeks of having it whole each day. Then the buzz got better when I ws taking another a few hours later bitten in half also.

My tolerance crept up on me to where my pain would breakthrough and my prescription dose went up to 20mg and the buzz got better every day to the point that about 3 years later I had got up to a good 450-600mg a day to get the same buzz I was chasing.

I ended up sick of the lying to Drs about pain when in fact I was an addict with pain in the background.

I put my hand up to my Dr and family and confessed my addiction and got a bed in a rehab hospital within a week. On to methadone for about 12 months or so I'm finally down to being on Suboxone for only a week now and if I could turn back the clock Id have never touched or chased that first buzz off the Oxy.

Honestly, forget about them mate, if you can smoke weed and enjoy that or drink beer and enjoy that then just stick to them.

In the long run opiates are deffinately not worth it at all. They can and WILL fuck your life up.

Anyway, in a short post that's my opinion on the subject.

Your problem is that you don't have enough CYP2D6 (and a family of similar/like enzyme).

This enzyme converts codeine into morphine. It lives in your liver. There are basically three types of people. One lot that have lots and lots of CYP2D6 and are called rapid metabolizers, normal people and a very small group of people who are poor at metabolizing opiates.

You'll basically need super duper doses of opiates to receive an equivalent effect. This is not good. Firstly medical practitioners will accuse of drug seeking behaviours. Secondly you are very vulnerable to various substances that need the enzyme's that your deficient in.

What you need to do is find a doctor that will help you get genetic testing to find out if you are a poor metabolizer and to have it certified so you can carry it around with you in the event you need emergency treatment.

Really what you have is very rare and dangerous. Get tested and stay safe.

atients vary in their CYP enzyme expression and function, which leads to distinct phenotypes. Genetic CYP testing has a terminology that may be unfamiliar to some medical practitioners.4 Laboratory results will list patient results as extensive metabolizer (EM; normal enzyme), rapid or ultrarapid metabolizer (UM; overactive enzyme), intermediate metabolizer (IM; underactive), or poor metabolizer (PM; inactive or minimally active). The latter two, IM and PM, mean the enzyme has decreased function (Table 2).21

706%20t2.jpg

Some more reading:

http://www.practicalpainmanagement....s/non-responsive-pain-patients-cyp-2d6-defect
http://www.practicalpainmanagement....ome-patients-require-high-dose-opioid-therapy
http://www.painmedicinenews.com/download/GeneticTesting_PMN0413_WM.pdf

Yeah I think u should take everyone's advice mannn if ur not getting any enjoyment from a decent size dose of codeine and a smallish average dose of oxy then quite while u can it's really not worth taking the risk of addiction I wish I never had my first dose of codeine and first dose of poppy seed tea...I seemed to be able to control myself with smack cus of price and avliabity :/

I don't think your "problem" is overly uncommon. I also have never experienced a real high or euphoria from opiates, despite having tried more than the prescribed amounts of oxycodone, codeine and IM morphine multiple times, as well as experimenting with opium. At best I feel mildly warm and slightly more comfortable than usual. Trying to push past that usually results in insomnia, headaches and feeling very sick for anything from a few hours to a day or so.
I've decided, like the other posters suggest, that it's not such a bad thing, in that I'm not ever likely to pick up a damaging opiate habit. Fortunately for me they still work just fine as analgesics so I will stick to using them for that purpose only.

My first hit of opiates was iv morphine hospital setting wen I injured myself badly hated it felt stuck to bed horrible feeling now I would beg still n borrow (maybe not steal) for the shit its like weed u acquire a taste then ur taste buds want more n more til ur an addict with high liver enzymes ...