• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiates: How often is too often?

Everyone's different and the answer IMO is, as soon as you feel like you're losing the slightest bit of control, stop. At least take a decent break. Withdrawal sucks but it's the psychological addiction that'll get you and I think the only way one can manage responsible use is if they truly see it as a bit of occasional recreation and not to self medicate or as a crutch. I'm an ex addict and still use lean pretty often and stronger opiates occasionally, a few times a year max, because I know that's my limit. Your mindset is really the most important thing. If you find yourself looking forward to opiates too much, stop while you're ahead. When you do use, it should feel casual, like smoking weed or having a drink or two. It's impossible to tell exactly when physical dependence will set in, but trust me, unless you have a heavy and long term habit, withdrawal is NOT the hard part. Honestly though, you are playing with fire. I think the only reason I can use responsibly now is because I already went through addiction and I now know from first hand experience that opiate addiction=hell and a fast way to derail your life and no opiate is worth that. I was an addict for maybe 8 months and in that time could've died twice and almost got busted by the cops. I don't know how I got lucky enough to escape as relatively unscathed as I did but I sure learned my lesson.

lol once a week is how i started 19 years ago and to be honest i think it took me almost two years before i was doomed maybe a little less. Then i got into a great pain management place shit i was up to 2 80s a day with 4 roxy 30mg a day i even remember i had a script of morp too the crazy thing is i remember scamming always to ask to go up even more. Listen im from the 80s coke, acid, speed, i did most drugs back then but i have to say i always had something inside of me that would keep me from ever doing any drug that could control me. We would do tons of coke then 3 in the morning drive around to get more but on monday i forgot all about coke this is my point unless you wanna walk around your whole life with a bottle of oxys in your pocket cause god forbid your ever caught in a situation without them you shit your pants with panick, quit while your ahead. Ive gone to more than one of my buddys funerals over this shit! one more thing i stopped feeling my meds over ten years ago everybody does so the best you get is feeling normal and the ones that keep chasing the high for years usually end up dead.