• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Opiates Don't Affect Me

cccxxii

Greenlighter
Earlier this year, I figured I'd try some oxycodone my friend had got from a party. But whereas my friend felt euphoria, I felt nothing. I tried hydrocodone too, but I also felt nothing. I was recently prescribed hydrocodone as a painkiller for my appendectomy, but it doesn't do anything to help with the pain. Does this happen to anyone else? I smoke weed often, but so does my friend who got them earlier.

I just want to know what's wrong with me. Are there other painkillers I can ask for that might work?

I imagine that Dilaudid or Opana would be effective for you, but be careful since those are two of the strongest prescription opioids available.

Just because you don't get immediate euphoria doesn't mean that they have no effects. Opioid euphoria is not anything like MDxx, it ain't gonna kick your ass. Taking a stronger opioid isn't neccesarily going to help, plenty of people can find codeine euphoric if dosed appropriately.

Also, the dose does matter. Different people have varying levels of baseline opioid tolerance, some people can get high on 5-10mg oxycodone where others might need ~80mg.

Also try combining opioids with e.g. 1st gen antihistamines, it really helps the effects out.