View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opiate's days before planned mushroom trip

Anoabo

Greenlighter
To make a long story short; ive been taking 40-60mg of Oxy the last 4 days and have a mushroom trip planned for tomorrow.

My question is, if i dont take any oxy tomorrow, (thus, not beeing actually high from the opiates, rather a slight withdrawal state as light headache), do i still risk affecting the trip like making it less intense? could it affect the clear conciouss/spiritual aspect of it?

I know there's a difference in opinion on whether opiates affect the conciousness and emotional presence in relation to tripping as benzos are known to do, so any input on that would be highly appriciated.

Ive done some searching on the subject but all i seem to find regards actual combining of opiates and shrooms and how the combo will affect the trip.

Im wondering if taking 40-60mg of oxy per day, a couple of days prior to tripping will affect as much/in the same way as the answers regardin combining.

Bless and Love to all!

Last edited:
Opioids don't really effect a trip like benzos do. If you're worried about begin addicted/dependent that can become the focus of the trip but aside from that I've never really found opioids to do much while tripping, it's to the point where dosing them during a trip is a waste for me. However, if you've been taking 40-60mg of oxycodone a day I would advise taking some (perhaps 20mg) to starve off withdrawal so you aren't dealing with that on top of any body load.

You will probably have a strong desire to quit opioids after your trip. This will go away a few days/weeks later depending on how badly you got rocked. You'll probably go right back to them after that period unless you have a strong desire to quit and some will power to match. If you have recently started using opioids and don't suffer from w/d when quitting yet I'd advise you to go ahead and stop using them all together. Once you start having w/d from them it'll never stop and it'll be much harder to quit long term.