• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates and urinary retention (ischuria)

I've only had ketamine a couple of times while I was in the hospital before surgeries, so I definitely didn't know hole but it was still very enjoyable! I do thoroughly enjoy dxm every once in a while.

I know you've probably heard this a thousand times here, but if you haven't tried dope I would seriously discourage you or anyone else from doing so. I don't want to come off as if I'm preaching at you, but dope literally ruined my life, almost caused my foot to be amputated, and damn near killed me in the most agonizing way I can imagine. If you do decide to try it at least don't shoot it, that's a whole different monster in and of itself.

Please don't feel like I i am judging you, because I know exactly how it is when you start imagining what it will feel like and you read what others have to say about how amazing the high is, but honestly it's not worth the risk of becoming a junkie. I know from experience!

I've only had ketamine a couple of times while I was in the hospital before surgeries, so I definitely didn't know hole but it was still very enjoyable! I do thoroughly enjoy dxm every once in a while.

I know you've probably heard this a thousand times here, but if you haven't tried dope I would seriously discourage you or anyone else from doing so. I don't want to come off as if I'm preaching at you, but dope literally ruined my life, almost caused my foot to be amputated, and damn near killed me in the most agonizing way I can imagine. If you do decide to try it at least don't shoot it, that's a whole different monster in and of itself.

Please don't feel like I i am judging you, because I know exactly how it is when you start imagining what it will feel like and you read what others have to say about how amazing the high is, but honestly it's not worth the risk of becoming a junkie. I know from experience!
HELL NO do I think you're judging me! I respect and appreciate your concern, no Im not planning on shooting anything ever I wouldn't mind trying ket IM'd but yeah Im in no Rush to try it but if the circumstances were right and my head was on tight is give it a bash, tried crack that was alright but didn't smoke it properly so I have yet to try it again properly. Im questing to try everything for "science" XD but no thank you nuff love peace!

also only ever done DXM once not a massive dose either I just drank a whole bottle of robotussin horrible on my gut! But felt really cool man similar to ketamine but like I said only tried it once at a lower dose but felt like it haha

I don't mind the difficulty urinating. What I mind is when you are coming off it you have to piss every 20 minutes and can't even sleep due to having to get up a million times to piss over and over and over and over.

My theory on it is opiates numb pain signals right? Well the signal your bladder gives off when you need to go is probably also interrupted by opioids. Also the numbing effect of opiates makes it harder for you to control the muscles responsible for releasing the urine.

Last edited:
I don't mind the difficulty urinating. What I mind is when you are coming off it you have to piss every 20 minutes and can't even sleep due to having to get up a million times to piss over and over and over and over.

My theory on it is opiates numb pain signals right? Well the signal your bladder gives off when you need to go is probably also interrupted by opioids. Also the numbing effect of opiates makes it harder for you to control the muscles responsible for releasing the urine.
may be possible because when I notice my legs go numbish that's when I know I can't pee other times Its a gamble but as soon as I get that warm opie numbing sensation I know it's game over! But ive never had the peeing consecutively after?

Difficulty peeing sucks on oxy, which stimulates. So at night I toss and turn and scratch and can't sleep and need to pee but can't. And this is while high!

Difficulty peeing sucks on oxy, which stimulates. So at night I toss and turn and scratch and can't sleep and need to pee but can't. And this is while high!
I've used oxy Id really like to but it's hard to obtain here over in the U.K. but I hear opiates are a bastard to piss on, just had 300mg of codeine and 100mg of tramadol and I can piss it's only when I exceed 150+ of tramadol I can't piss also had 10mg of valium dunno if that's made may difference but I had the tramadol after my codeine as Im
Peaking where as usually il take it before but idk man it's always the same when I exceed the 150mg mark!

So in the more recent years I've been able to use more speraticly I.e. 3-5 days continuous use followed by 2-3 days clean time (solely to clean out if you know what I mean) and yeah on day 2 of clean time I am constantly pissing to the point I just can not understand how I've been feeling so dehydrated for days or where the hell all that liquid was.

The thing about opioids and urinary retention, is that in almost all situations (that I know of), the problem will resolve on its own and you will inevitably end up urinating, although I understand the condition can be rather annoying and uncomfortable.

My trump card for serious urinary retention due to opiates or other drugs is the shower. I get in the shower, which is set at a reasonably warm temperature and just try to relax my body and within a few minutes I'll end up being able to go.

You know how people turn on the faucet when they are unable to pee? Well, I believe that getting in the shower is just taking this phenomenon to the next level.

The thing about opioids and urinary retention, is that in almost all situations (that I know of), the problem will resolve on its own and you will inevitably end up urinating, although I understand the condition can be rather annoying and uncomfortable.

My trump card for serious urinary retention due to opiates or other drugs is the shower. I get in the shower, which is set at a reasonably warm temperature and just try to relax my body and within a few minutes I'll end up being able to go.

You know how people turn on the faucet when they are unable to pee? Well, I believe that getting in the shower is just taking this phenomenon to the next level.
It's off brainiac if anyone used to watch it feeling water Beats all other senses! Mr tickle

I have noticed tramadol in particular makes it very hard for me to pee. Any dose will do it but back when I was hooked on it and taking 2000mgs a day I could not pee at all! Or take a dump for that matter. I found that sometimes if I put one hand on the wall and kind of leaned forward it would help me go. It wont come out very fast even though you are pushing.

I have noticed tramadol in particular makes it very hard for me to pee. Any dose will do it but back when I was hooked on it and taking 2000mgs a day I could not pee at all! Or take a dump for that matter. I found that sometimes if I put one hand on the wall and kind of leaned forward it would help me go. It wont come out very fast even though you are pushing.
I found that exact
Position helped! It Cus it's putting more pressure on the bladder. But pushing is a dick man!