• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiates and teeth decay

thursday said:
heroin typically doesn't effect the physical appearance of its users except maybe make chronic users age a lot slower.

you mean faster......right?

AxL BLaZe said:
the hardcore H addicts I know won't even fuck with crack. dunno where you got this one.
Where I'm from, and areas around my area.... and areas I've visited.... ETC, ETC.... LOTS of hardcore H users also like to hit the pipe every now and again.... some alot more than others of course ;)

RoboticOpiateMaster said:
I heard that the lactose heroin is usually cut with if the reasoning behind tooth decay.
makes sense...

I beleive that's true because I remember hearing the same thing somewhere.
Lactose eats at your enamel, right?

Yeah, in the UK there's two sorts of methadone maintainance linctus; bog standard and choc full of sugar or low-cal that uses artificial sweetners to cover the taste. They're both that bottle green colour, but the low cal one is less viscous

Lactose eats at your enamel

No, any sugars in the mouth act as food for the plaque bacteria in your mouth, and it's the products that come from the bacteria that are acidic and dissolve the tooth enamel.

BTW, drinking milk is good for your teeth (not just the calcium content) as one of the proteins in milk actually coats your teeth which acts as a barrier to the acidic bacterial products. On top of that, anything with a pH greater than 7 (milk's a bit higher than 7) neutralizes the bacterial acidic products, and plaque bacteria actually grow better in slightly acidic conditions

To quote the Paul Whitehouse, Fast Show character,"int milk brilliant!"

Last edited: