• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and Psychotropic Drugs

bipolar-sunshine

Bluelighter
I am currently on Cymbalta 120mg, Seroquel 300mg, Abilify 15mg, Xanax 0.5 (as needed), Vyvanse 60mg and Adderall 20mg.

Do any of these interact with opiates? Specifically pills, I don't fuck with heroin or anything like that.

Do any of these lessen the feel good part you get from opiates?

My DOC is Roxy 60mg (although I probably now need closer to 80mg, damn tolerance) and I occasionally get my hands on around 60-70mg of hydrocodone. These days, these are the typical opiates I'm abusing.

Does anyone know? I'd be happy to provide more history or medical background if that would help you! Thanks fellow bluelighters!

Xanax definitely interacts with opiates, and benzodiazepines (like xanax) are notorious for causing deadly overdoses when mixed with opiates when users are not careful. It causes major respiratory depression, and can cause you to stop breathing. So it is wise to know where your tolerance is at, and start small, with like a ⅓ of your normal dose to be safe. Seraquel may fall under this issue as well, be because it sedates you.

As for the adderall and vyvanse, mixing uppers and downers is usually not a good idea, because it can cause heart problems.

The antidepressants like ability and cymbalta, and antipsychotics like seraquel, alter serotonin levels in your brain. You have to be careful not to take too many antidepressants together, and other serotonergic drugs, like DXM, tramadol, methadone, and fentanyl (tramadol, methadone, and fentanyl being OPIATES) can cause a condition called SEROTONIN SYNDROME, which is all bad. Nasty stuff and can be deadly.

So basically, before you go and mix drugs together, or happen to get prescribed a combo of drugs, there are 3 things you should do:

1.) communicate with your doctor about all possibilities of drug interactions and read the pamphlets that come with your prescriptions.

2.) research, research, research. It is very smart to get all the information you can about drugs you're using, or plan to use.

3.) when you happen to get into the situation of mixing drugs you're not sure about, ALWAYS start the dosing small and work your way up until you are comfortable. Remember, you can always take more, but not less.

Hope this helped you. Be safe.