• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and Meth

heyheygrl

Greenlighter
My cat and my hubbys dog have been doing opiates for 6 years out of their 10 years together and over the last year cat-dog have cut down on their DOC Perc/roxy from 70mg a DAY to 40mg-50mg a WEEK. Cat-dogs choice to take opiates was via their huge nostrils snorting.... Cat-dog have not been successful in completely quitting yet but are working up to it but the 2 things that have made it hardest for cat-dog to quit 100% since they have to be functional members of society and life is physically demanding the two things that make it hardest to quit would be 1. Body hurting which is what started the habit to begin with Cat had to have knee surgery and will be in pain rest of life most likely and 2. Fatigue and/or lethargy yawning every 2-3 mins omg feel like haven't slept in over 2 days cat-dog tired.

So my cat doesn't have the drug experience that my hubbys dog does. The only thing cat has done other than opiates was weed socially and popped adderall some when cat needed extra energy for her double shifts chasing mice But Hubbys dog has in the past tried and enjoyed but never addicted to weed, heroin, crack, and cocaine. Out of those Dog says crack was the worse said after first hit you want to do and do and do some more but after he would crash sleep it off he was fine.

About 6 months ago cat-dog was visiting a friend that had quit doing opiates and she had a much bigger habit than cat-dog did 130mg+ a day and they also snorted or popped the pills Like Cat-dog never went to using needles and never would. Cat-dog asked her how she and her mister was able to overcome and be done with opiates still today she will get for me but absolutely will not no matter what touch a pain pill. Her answer was meth eating snorting or smoking it. Now Cat was and always has been afraid to try anything harder than weed and Dog a few times when visiting these friends would take a toke or two off the pipe. My cat always declined the offer although curious as such is a cats nature lol

My Cat and hubbys dog has grown tired of the the expensive vicious cycle of opiates and done some research on meth/ice and alot of people that snorted/smoke compared the high to taking adderall. So after discussing it Cat-dog decided to try meth together and first try my cat refused to smoke it tried snorting a very little amount no more than a half a roxy worth and OMG My cat thought my cat was going to die! Cat could not believe how much it hurt it was like snorting GLASS! After the burning and the tears and since Cat-dog hadnt taken any opiates in a few days the energy from that very very small line was welcomed with open arms cat felt half way human and not like cat had been working non stop for 2 days! Only symptom left over from the pill sickness was a snotty nose and of course the body aches never really goes away even with the opiates any more

On first day of trying meth my cat learned not to do more than needed in a day and not after a certain time if cat planned on sleeping at all that night. But since Cat-dog only bought a little bit all was gone by next day but the energy levels were still much better even without opiates perhaps has a longer shelf life than the opiates? By the evening after tiredness from not being able to sleep the night before set in and Cat-dog slept like a couple of kittens/puppies that night.

Cat-dog not wanting to change one habit for another decided to cut back on opiates do them maybe twice a week and meth every other day and a half 2 days. Cat-dog was now buying 6-8 opiates a week instead of 12-16 and a twenty $20/$30 of meth to split. The pills only last Cat-dog 24 hours the meth split between Cat-dog lasted cat a week and lasted dog 5 days.

Hubbys Dog started doing the meth on days he had opiates as well because cat always had some left since cat was eating (cat could not handle snorting it) a very little amount just enough to start the day and not feel tired so cat shared with Dog when he was out. Friend that quit opiates when asked about withdrawals after using meth to get off opiates and was advised little to none since she never used needles just snorted or smoked and did like Cat only taking enough to get through the day two very small lines one at the beginning of day and one midday/afternoon never doing any after 4pm because like Cat her friend like to sleep at night lol

Its been a few of months since Cat-dog started this experiment and Cat-dog has saved about $100-$280 a week by doing it this way. Cat-dog never has spent more than $30 in a week on meth and Cat-dog always splits it and it lasts all week and then some for cat. They only know one person they can buy from and the times where they were out and Cat-dog might have had to wait a day or two before getting any there was no real withdrawals even the pill sickness was easier to deal with now for Cat-dog worse part was pain which the meth never helps with anyways and a little bit of fatigue nothing worse than if Cat had stayed up to late. About a month ago Cat started smoking the meth like dog unless at work then Cat eats it. If cat put a good pinch in pipe cat can smoke off it all day and the Half of the thirty split with dog lasts still 8-9 days Hubbys dog is a a greedy greedy dog lol half last about 3-5 days mainly because dog has never done anything lightly or slowly lol

Today Dog brought home one and a half percocet each and a $20 of meth. Normally cat would do all opiates before even touching the meth but something has changed with Cat. Last 3 weeks when Cat had DOC opiates like tonight Cat did the half of the 7.5 percocet and realized 8 and a half hours later almost 9 hours the entire other 7.5 was sitting untouched not even been thought about on desk and My cat only did a half of a 7.5 when hubbys dog brought it in today (Cat hid it after Dog asked for half of it lol )

Today when My cat got up and ready for work at 10:00am she did a half of a 10mg roxy (so its really 5mg of a pink roxy) and about noonish she took a few tokes of meth pipe and the a half of the 7.5 perc about 3ish and that was it. Plan on seeing how long My cat can hang onto the 7.5 without taking it and maybe just a few tokes of meth at lunch and again around 1:45pm see how that goes for my cat..... My Cat Can not tell my hubbys dog of this plan because dog will just say Let dog get rid of the temptation for you! lol If come this time tomorrow and my cat has not taken the 7.5 perc My cat says she thinks she will be 100% done with opiates and give it to MY hubbys dog! I am honestly SUPER excited for my cat and proud of her now she just has to get hubbys dog on board and going that direction as well.

Although when Cat-dog started the meth trial it is cheaper and withdrawals are a lot better than opiates although havent noticed any yet but I am sure there will be some left over fatigue after Cat-dog are done with all of it. But withdrawals in Cat-dogs experience and they both agree that they think the withdrawals are going to be based on how much you use of the meth and how you do it. Cat-dog knows many friends that don't really have any problems not doing any meth/ice for days even weeks at a time after doing every day for a few months but all of those friends were either eating, snorting, or smoking. Anyone that they know of that has shot up became a different person and had a whole other withdrawal experience.

Now I can say My cat half way through all of this and when Cat started smoking not just eating the amount cat was using did increase but amount bought and Cats half instead of lasting 12 days was lasting 8-9 days. My hubbys dog has not changed the amount dog does each week but Cat can only control cat and what cat does and hope that dog will soon follow cats lead simply becuase if My cat quits everthing and Dog doesnt may cause issues between Cat-dog.

4 weeks ago My Cat has been cutting back on the meth as well. Was doing 1-3 opiates on mondays and Thursdays and used meth on all the other days 3/4 times during a day 4-5 puffs off pipe or eating a small line and doing nothing between 4pm and 7am was able to sleep most nights not all lol Right now I am doing Opiates on Thursdays 1-3 pills and puffing on pipe or eating a line no more than 2 times a day nothing between 1Pm to 10Am My shift starts ar 10:15Am (unless i dont go to break after 1pm doesnt happen often though) My cats next phases may something that follows....

Still working out the details but I am thinking
Phases
1: Right now I am doing Opiates on Thursdays 1-3 pills and puffing on pipe or eating a line no more than 2 times a day nothing between 1Pm to 10Am My shift starts ar 10:15Am (unless i dont go to break after 1pm doesnt happen often though)

2: Week 1 will be no opiates at all only meth 3 times a day nothing after 4pm for one week

3: Week 2 The Taper of the meth begins 2 times a day nothing after 4pm for one week by this week My cat should be off opiates for a week already

4: Week 3 meth begins 2 times a day nothing between 3pm to 10am next day

5: Week 4 Strart alternating days 2 times a day for my cat nothing between 2pm to 10am next day

6: week 5 Cat is working on the details for lat couple of phases but by the end of week 6 My cat would be drug free with dog following close behind hopefully

My cat and hubbys do would like to say what will work for them doesn't mean it will work for others and every ones experience and/or reaction and/or withdrawals are unique to each individual no way we are saying want to quit opiates try meth!

They would love thoughts and opinions no hate please at least they are trying and to them suboxen subutext or any of those are an option for our pets

Welcome to Bluelight :)
We don't use Swim or my cat/dog/etc, we know it's you so please edit your post

As others have stated so eloquently, we don't like to use 3rd person aliases here on Bluelight. I totally get why you might want your identity to be concealed, but it won't really afford you any legal protection anyway, so for the sake of ease, just speak in the 1st and 2nd person from now on :)

I'm having a hard time understanding what it is you're after exactly. While I totally appreciate your attention to detail and desire to describe your situation in as accurate a way as possible, I feel that you might have overdone it just a little bit in your original post. The sad truth is that sometimes, when posts are very long, people choose to not read the whole thing. Brevity can be a really good thing if you can manage it.

Please be a little more specific about your issue and we will be happy to help!