• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and Hiccups.

I get hiccups from opiates sometimes. I was taught a great way to cure hiccups that has worked every time for me and everyone I've told. You just bite down sideways on a pen or something and drink a small gulp or two of water while still biting on the pen. It kinda makes you burp a little and they are gone.

Shallow breathing is a side effect ofopiate/opioiduse.Opiate induced hiccupsis usually a symptom ofopiate inducedrespiratory depression. Shallow breathing is a side effect of opiate/opioiduse. ... the respiratory depression causes your diaphragm to spasm and make you hiccup.

I have had to deal with the side effect the OP is talking about oxycodone was the worst offender in causing hicupps like that

So I think that my comment is both relevant yet strange at the same time..
I have a 6 month old mastiff, Saint Bernard and chocolate lab puppy named Mac and he seems to have picked up the habit of coming into my room every time I smoke heroin. I use it daily and I dab it off a bong like stoners would dab their wax. I have found this is the best way to get the best high while cutting out the toxins and not having to slam. Anyways my puppy Mac loves to run into my room when I smoke and I have started to notice that as soon as I am finished ripping the bong he goes from a hyper puppy to sleepy and lays down on my lap instantly, but the funny part is that he gets the hiccups EVERY time he is around me when I am smoking. I have had the dope hiccup issue since I've started using and unfortunately the only way I can get rid of them is when my boyfriend scares the living shit out of me lol the same goes for Mac. So pretty much we both hiccup and nod everyday and then get scared by my crazy boyfriend running up behind us while screaming at the top of his lungs. ( and no I do not intentionally try to get my puppy high, I don't even blow the smoke in his direction, I hate animal cruelty and I would never intentionally get any animal high, he simply gets the second hand just from laying next to me in bed) So please no negative comments I LOVE my puppy he is my world and I often kick him out so he doesn't get high.

Yeah i get them extremely bad on oxymorphone. Oxycodone too if i do enough. UGH hiccups I hate em!