• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates and Anti-psychotics

Consumemoarplz

Greenlighter
I've been drinking poppy seed tea for a few days now and just now have started thinking about the 200mg clozapine i take at night. How bad is this combination? With the poppy seed tea i usually go to sleep high. Will this suppress my breathing to a dangerous level? 200mg clozapine is equivalent to about 100mg seroquel. Any info on use of opiates and anti-psychotics is appreciated.

This is definitely a bad combination! Even though we dont know the alkaloid amount that was extracted in your pst, its most likely a low amount, so I wouldnt try this with any other opiate! Taking clozapine with other drugs that make you sleepy or slow your breathing can cause dangerous or life-threatening side effects.

- Hopeless Soul

I have never taken Clozapine but i have taken Seroquel, Zyprexa, Risperidone, Thorazine/Largactil, Methotrimeprazine and Compazine aka Stemetil along with Codeine, Demerol, Oxycodone, Morphine, Dilaudid and Fentanyl with no trouble. The more sedating anti-psychotics add to the drowsiness for sure and Morphine+Compazine or Morphine+Largactil is a common combo for Migraines and other pain with vomiting.

Clozapine is a odd anti-psychotic with different actions then other atypicals so i would suggest waiting until someone with more knowledge about it chimes in.

Hypothetical here, but I thought that an anti psychotic blocks dopamine. Wouldnt that take away from the effects? I just dont know how that woukd work.

Clozapine acts on a few different systems, like dopamine, Histamine and Serotonin and yes it can increase CNS depression, so better not combine it.

Best not to use this combination.

The clozapine won't work very well if you're also getting high.