• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and alcohol.

ms1605

Greenlighter
So I have read a few dozen threads about this but all the cases seem to be way more extreme then what im interested in. So from what I can come up with, Opiates and Alcohol probably make up the biggest percentage of ODs but I keep reading thread after thread where people are talking about taking like 150mg of morphine and then drinking a bottle of vodka. I understand that is super dangerous but what if were talking like 60mg of morphine and a few shots of vodka? Or (3) 10mg Norcos and a couple shots of vodka? Are these dosages something even remotley close to dangerous for a very healthy 200lb man?

There is no safe way to combine alcohol and any opiate/opioid, in any dosage. In regards to harm reduction, that is the answer.

So in the real world people mix alcohol and opiates everyday. Because alcohol increases the affect of opiates, people use it to help taper off or just to keep their use to a minimum. This is dangerous if you are the type of person that does not easily control consumption. So be careful. But these mods are defeating the purpose of their own site, by acting like parents instead of sensible people.
You're questions on the amount to mix isn't the right way to look at it.. Take less opiate than usual, and then take a shot, and wait to see how you feel. Personally I only take a little opiate and don't really feel its effect until I've started drinking. The combo is nice if you don't over do it. 60mg sounds like a lot to mix alcohol with.. I'd start with 10mg if it was me.. But I'm not suggesting that you do this at all.. Have fun partner..

Last edited:
To me the two major concerns with this combo are A. CNS depression, don't wanna stop breathing, and B. If it's an APAP combo med your adding two toxic substances to the liver. Keep these in mind when even considering this mix. I AM NOT telling you to do this but I am also not saying this combo will always be deadly. Tread carefully, it's your body and ultimately your decision. I think the mods are doing their due diligence and I support them in it. BE SAFE. ��

I am more or less physically dependent on alcohol, so abstaining for 24+ hours is pretty much out of the question. Yes, I've used opiates when using alcohol concomitantly, no I can't recommend it in the spirit of harm reduction, most importantly because t he safe doses for each in combination can't really be determined given your tolerance to one or the another and especially if even more drugs (BZDs, etc.) are involved. If you are taking anything (vicodin/norco/percocet) a CWE is essential. if you are taking something else (heroin/straiht opiate pharms/whatever) really you need to "start low and go slow," and to be honest, unless you are a serious alcoholic, it is something best avoided. Something about being drunk (or benzo'd out) actually blunts the euphoria of opiates, although it potentiates the "fuckedupness." all in all it is something best avoided.

Alcohol use during tapering off opiates (or benzos) can be very helpful in the sense of palliating some of the msiery of withdrawal but this is how I wound up with a serious alcohol habit to the tune of getting tremors and panic attacks without booze. Honestly I wouldn't recommend anyone going this route. Detox under proper medical supervision and go along with the doses prescribed. If you have a doctor who doesn't give tyou what you need seek it elsewhere but DIY detox with booze or random pharms/chemicals illicitly sourced is a great way to catch a habit with something else. Trust, it happened to me. Dope --> suboxone --> benzos --> booze, I'm not really sure that that was a progression in a positive direction tbh.

This is dangerous if you are the type of person that does not easily control consumption. So be careful.

I'm completely in control and have never been addicted to anything other then working out, which I have done now for the past 15 years. I hear ya on the harm reduction part from the mods though. %)

To me the two major concerns with this combo are A. CNS depression, don't wanna stop breathing, and B. If it's an APAP combo med your adding two toxic substances to the liver. Keep these in mind when even considering this mix. I AM NOT telling you to do this but I am also not saying this combo will always be deadly. Tread carefully, it's your body and ultimately your decision. I think the mods are doing their due diligence and I support them in it. BE SAFE. ?

I have read a lot about the APAP. I actually take liv52 as a part of my daily supplement regimen, which is an outstanding supp for the liver. The only reason that I thought the CWE was not a big deal was because A, Im healthy, B at most this is done once a week but probably more like 3 times a month, and C, I also take the liv52. This was just my thought process, not saying im right for thinking it, just giving you my thoughts I had to myself.

most importantly because t he safe doses for each in combination can't really be determined given your tolerance to one or the another and especially if even more drugs (BZDs, etc.) are involved. If you are taking anything (vicodin/norco/percocet) a CWE is essential. if you are taking something else (heroin/straiht opiate pharms/whatever) really you need to "start low and go slow," and to be honest, unless you are a serious alcoholic, it is something best avoided.

I dont do any other drugs besides X every blue moon. Like I said, I consider myself extremely healthy. Lots of vitamins, Lots of exercise, Lots of good food... Im probably in the top 10% healthiest average person walking around on the street. Thats the only reason I really contemplated it.

Guys, I just want to reiterate that these comments above are just me telling you my thought process. Being a strong minded, not addicted, healthy person, I thought maybe it would be safer then what people make it seem, which is "If you take the 2 you will die."

Thanks for all the replies!