• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Opiated Hash? How common is it?

muie

Bluelighter
I don't think I've ever had opiated hash but then again I have only been able to get hash for about 2 years now. I really like hash and have access to nice name brand hashes like Afghani, Charas, Arabian, Turkish etc..

1. What I would like to know is what kind of hash is most likely to be opiated? (ex: what region/country, etc)

2. How do you really know that you have opiated hash? What effects do you get? Is it hard to tell since some hashes like Afghani for example are very strong enough on their own?

3. Also, how common is opiated hash, in your experience?

4. What is opiated hash...I mean what kind of opiates may be in it? (ex: opium? brown tar? etc)

5. Would a person with an opiate habbit as well as a weed habbit be able to tell the difference *like that* if his hash was opiated or not?

I like opiates and I like hash, my 2 favorite drugs although cannabis is amazing too, strong hash is much more relaxing for me.

p.s. If I have my weed plants growing outside next to my poppy plants, would they get cross polinated? Say resulting in the weed being more stony? Any chance?

Thanks!

thats not so easy to answer.
first, what were sold as "afghan" or maybe "turk" can come from everywhere, it doesnt really have to be from afghanistan or turkey.
ive once mixed hash with o for myself, and i was very surprised when i noticed that ive often had hash (different types) that had the same special smell as my selfmade o-hash had, when heated. about the effects - it really depends from your hash if youll notice a big difference in the high.
and theres another question: is it (commercially seen) efective to mix hash with o? wouldnt it be better to sell the o on its own? maybe that depends on the hash, too - cheap soap bar turns into dark, oily stuff that bubbles when heated, when its mixed with o.

the only way to be sure would be a professional analysis.

brainbug,
The name brand hashes im reffering to I know for fact that have been smuggled from the said countries as they are imported in the same manner that coffee shops in Holland receive their stuff (directly from the source, made in the traditional fashion).

I know you think im talking about buying from a street dealer and him telling me the hash is Afghani, but i'm talking about something else completley different. I'm talking about the actual, real hash brand (like Cohiba cigar, or Romeo & Juliet for example).

As well the question isn't for me to profit from this combo, rather for me to know what kind of hash I should be looking for!

It may be much easier for people making opiated hash to use heroin rather than opium since its much more available on the market and just plain easier. However I've chased H a few times and the taste was horrible compared to smoking opium or fentanyl.

p.s. From my garden I've had maybe invisible amounts like 10mgs-20mg (literally) of raw/crude opium latex scraped from the pods and although I didn't get any effects it smelled beautiful (definatley flower like)! I must admit though that i've had hash that tasted and smelled *funky* where there is a nice flowery aroma however those are very rare.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar on opium dosages when smoked, but I assume you tried smoking it correctly by semi-vaporizing it correct?

I always thought opiated hash was just a myth, I had friends claiming to smoke it, but heat destroys the chemicals in opium so its best to use as less as possible. I mean I assume it is possible and opium + hash sounds like a nice time.

I've smoked opium a few times. It was a black tarish substance that looked just like hash, except that it was black. All the hash I've smoked was brown. Sounds pretty easy to mix opium into hash, I'd be psyched to get opium in my hash but that's just me. I smoked the opium exactly how I'd smoke hash, lacing weed with it. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tell the difference between just hash and hash with opium if I smoked it. And I don't think your poppys with make your pot more stoney, I'm not a doctor but that sounds ridiculous.

Probably a pretty uncommon occurrence as not a whole lot of opium makes it to north America, much easier to just turn it into heroin and smuggle it. So its not really a cost effective way of diluting hash, unless it was sold as a mix.

I had some hash one time that made me itchy after every time i tried it and it seemed to constrict my pupils slightly. Still was a hash high though, who knows whether it was just a coincidence.

brainbug,
The name brand hashes im reffering to I know for fact that have been smuggled from the said countries as they are imported in the same manner that coffee shops in Holland receive their stuff (directly from the source, made in the traditional fashion).

and even in a coffeeshop i dont believe that everything thats presented as "afghan" is really coming from afghanistan... theyre just doing a business & want to sell their stuff.

edit: i know that youre not really interested in the economic (Dis-)advantages of mixing hash with o, but i think that should be kept in mind when thinking about how common opiated hash is.

I've smoked opium a few times. It was a black tarish substance that looked just like hash, except that it was black. All the hash I've smoked was brown. Sounds pretty easy to mix opium into hash, I'd be psyched to get opium in my hash but that's just me. I smoked the opium exactly how I'd smoke hash, lacing weed with it. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tell the difference between just hash and hash with opium if I smoked it. And I don't think your poppys with make your pot more stoney, I'm not a doctor but that sounds ridiculous.

You sure that wasn't just Tar H. About 10 years ago I was sold something as "opium"... looking back on it though it was just dope.

It's not very common, the only time I've found it being sold was three years ago in Jamaica. Every other time I had to make it myself using keif and opium resin. It's the best smoking product there is though, hands down. If I could find some Opium again, I'd make it, but the last time I found Opium was a while ago.

Has a very well-rounded high, very calm and soothing, but you do get ridiculously ripped. Perfect balance of a cerebral high and body buzz, also makes Cannabis extra psychedelic.

Many years ago I bought what I was assured was opiated hash. It was certainly different from anything I have encountered before or since. To look at it was mainly black but laced with white stripes it smelled unusual too. When smoked it certainly seemed to produce a different more laid back high than ordinary hash.

A friend of mine who normally hates cannabis because it makes him paranoid - decided to try this stuff and loved it and, to my surprise, promptly bought an ounce. He thought he had "finally got the knack of smoking dope" but when he tried smoking some ordinary weed a few days later he had his usual paranoid reaction. But it didn't discourage him from smoking his way through his ounce of the so called opiated stuff.

It is possible of course that it was “all in the mind” but it seemed real enough at the time. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has come across this sort of marbled black and white hash.

Thanks for the info on the explosion resin - it sounds great - I will be in Amsterdam some time next month - I will be sure to keep my eye out for some.

Opium does have a nice aroma to it, very "incensey," opium hash/hashish usually retains this smell

Opiate laceing has become an increasing problem, to prove so I just have some of it now that's was a at to strongly laced. . Here in northern Europe it's becoming a big concern since 1gram of opiate mixed with per say 100 grams of bad hash turns it into high "quality" wich make the prices High, the one thing you will notice is a microscopic change in the taste when smoked, and a heavy smoker will definitively notice that the hash they smoke make them a lot more stoned than they should be. I wish it was any way of knowing in in advance before smoking it... I'm really not into the opium at all :(

From my research people don't mix opium with hash regularly as opium is fucking expensive and it is a waste to mix it with hash as hash burns too hot.

from my recent experiences smoking opium I would weigh on mg scale than burn I can tell you that if your looking to knock out on opium it is not likely to happen smoking it. I found it to be more grounding, but not too sedating or narcotic. The only time it came close to noddy was eating 100+ mg.... 250 mg through multiple bowls and straight in an oil burner bubbler didn't even get as close an effect.

I doubt you will end up with opium hash without knowing it is that. Black afghan hash I have read has been used in the past to refer to opium laced hash from the area. Honestly though I think heroin laced hash would not only be much more likely to be sold as just hash as it would probably work a lot better to turn crap hash into better hash.

That takes me back. It was always a rare and unusual treat and it was generally claimed that it came from either India or Afghanistan although opiated black Lebanese would also make an appearence.
Real hash in the UK is unusual in itself now, there is still some run of the mill Morroccan and a bit of low grade Afghanie although right at this second I have some lovely charas that makes me smile lots but It must be twenty years since I last bought any opiated hash and I certainly would have done given half a chance.
I recall it being quite bitter and very 'dreamy' and if you couldn't tell that it was opiated then you would be banging down your dealers door because you should be able to tell immediately you smoke it.
No to cross pollination. They are completely different plants. Old fashioned opiated black was just squidgy black hash extra squidged with squidgy opium making a squidgy black hash. The Lebenese stuff used to come with a gold leaf covering and looked fantastic, they just don't sell drugs like they used to. <<sigh>>

Hash for me is always very stimulating. Far more so than bud. When I smoke flower I feel stimulated for maybe 30 minutes, then I just get tired and hungry. Hash can keep me stimulated for 2 hours minimum, 4 on a good day.

I've had opiated hash a few times. First thing you'll notice is you'll be a lot warmer, and very very sedated. The nod is intense, far more so than even mainlining H. When I was new to the world of opiates, I always liked to smoke a little bud or a noid with my dose of Opana, as I found any sort of noid significantly increases the sedation and glow from opiates.

Now I'd rather just have opium on it's own, as bud/hash mixed with opium can overpower the very subtle morphine like high of it.

Does anyone have verified info about this? Like seizure reports or something along those lines.

I've heard all kinds of stories, from moldy hash being sold with the claim that the mold is opium to purposely lacing to get kids addicted. But all just hearsay. It's certainly possible theoretically, right here on bluelight someone mentioned mixing heroin with bho and dabbing it, of course there's the distinction that dabs use a lower temperature than burning.

I've only had hash available to me 4 times in the past. Two of those times I was told the hash had heroin in it, but it was from a project kid near DC in PG County, Maryland. I'd never known him to bullshit me but having heroin in the hash sounded weird to me, so I didn't even bother... Not to mention I'm not the most eager weedhead out there to try heroin, but still....

Eh, I wish I had smoked some so I could verify the location for you, muie. Here in Charles County, though, I've only gotten unadulterated hash before. This is just research, right? I could ask around my area if you want. I make no connections for people, but a little recon's not really an issue.

[EDIT:
Oh shit, just realized you had a format for your questions. Keep in mind I'm answering with limited exposure to extracts:

1. Maryland, East Coast USA, right south of DC. Not sure the process used to make the hash. I do know the end result was dry enough to crumble and malleable when slightly warmed. Like it came off of a block of hash. No goo to it whatsoever. Dark brown color to it, but the crumbs had a lighter color to it. It was weird... like once you opened up the block the inside of the hash was a lighter, more tannish color than the exterior.
2. From the sales pitch. Like I said, I wasn't in the market for heroin and hash, lol
3. Not very. Then again, hash itself isn't very common in the circles I run in around my area.
4. I was told heroin. Not far-fetched considering the source location, but I wouldn't be surprised if he called any opiate that doesn't come in a pill "heroin."
5. I can't speak from experience on this one.

Last edited:
I've read its called a Temple Ball and is popular in middle eastern countries.
I've also read 99% of whats claimed to be opium in north america is usually black tar heroin.
This is something I would love to try.

Does anyone have verified info about this? Like seizure reports or something along those lines.

I've heard all kinds of stories, from moldy hash being sold with the claim that the mold is opium to purposely lacing to get kids addicted. But all just hearsay. It's certainly possible theoretically, right here on bluelight someone mentioned mixing heroin with bho and dabbing it, of course there's the distinction that dabs use a lower temperature than burning.

I have heard the white streaks were just mold too. Until I see something like lab tests or some actual sources I am highly suspect too. It sounds like an urban legend. Lots of things can be added to Cannabis (meth PCP etc) but rarely are because these drugs are more expensive. Everything is more expensive than hash. Almost every time police seize spiked cannabis the person did it themselves for personal use. Adding small amount of opium to crappy hash won't even be noticeable to end user. If you are smoking imported hash you should be 100 times more concerned about what kind or potentially dangerous crap may have been mixed in to increase weight. And for that probably are some nations hashes better than other. Personally I gave up finding good imported hash, it's not like it used to be.