• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opiate withdrawl opinions.

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
so im on my 100th time trying to get clean from opiates. been addicted for almost 5 years now. I have a crazy tolerance. usually 100-200 mg oxy a day. since yesterday was my last day of opiate use i had fun and railed 80 mg opana. wds should kick in sometime today. here is my list of my withfrawl meds. i have alot of klonopin .5s, temazpam 15 mg, also im on zoloft 25 mg for paws, gabapentin 300 mg, every vitamin you can think of, and immodium 2 mg. i also have a little peice of subutex (about 2 mg). how should i take these meds to reduce wd and make it bearable? and what doses of these meds should i take. mainly rls and insomnia is what drives me crazy. Thanks! you guys are always here for me

I also have a small spinal fracture and a disc bulge which has kept me on opiates. forgot to mention i have a non norcotic for pain, its called dexamethasone 1.5 mg. should i take thus for the back pain? I read somewhere it increases insomnia and i definitely don't need that right now. please help. nervous about all of this

I think your arsenal is enough for minimal discomfort from opiate withdrawal. Benzo withdrawal is a different story and to be addressed at a different time.
What I suggest is:
1 take your vitamins and drink lots of water.
2 use the last of your doc about 7/8 hours before your planned bedtime.
3 take some benzos and try get a good sleep.
4 crush your bupe pill and divide into equal parts. Let's say 5 piles of 0.4 each
5 when you wake hopefully you will be at the 16 hour since last use Mark and feeling some withdrawal
6 take one pile of bupe when it becomes unbearable, try waiting as long as possible, 24 hours plus is best. As its your first bit of bupe I would take it sublingually.
7 wait at least an hour. You may not feel great but some withdrawal relief should be felt(use your benzos and other meds to aid this)
8 the idea is to really stretch the sub out.
Only take it when it gets really uncomfortable and start reducing the amount by splitting the piles further. If you manage to make it last you a week then you are nearly there.
So the emphasis is mainly on your bupe/sub. Use it by tapering off. You will then have navigated your full agonist withdrawal and won't have taken sub long enough to feel much withdrawal from it. Keep using your other meds to combat sleep, rls etc. Sleeping as much as possible. It's never gonna be totally symptom free but the sub will make it so much easier and you are lucky to have so many benzos (that addiction will be your next battle). Shits will be sorted with your immodiom.
Strength will be needed but you got this. There's no free lunch. Just think about getting straight. Keep your eye on the goal, be positive, stay safe and good luck.
I am happy to help so if I can just ask

thanks so much for the respo, well the sub has already been crushed for a few days it was 4 mg now its 2 mg. i have a tolerance to bupe already from the strips. first time with subutex tho, ill still try your regiment though. im tired of this life, i want to be sober so bad

I did it with sub , benzos, and then perkeset to get off the sub . It was hard but i did it! The paws sucked but the life i back was great. Just not having to worry CONSTANTLY about staying well, making money , staying well. The long drug runs, the wait, the run around. Ohhhhh so happy that doesnt rule my life.
Happy to hear you are heading to the light at the end of the tunnel.
You can do it! We all can !

had a couple day binge with opana, starting my sub in the morning, then cold turkey after the 2 mg sub is gone. just hope i dont dose the subutex to early, last dose was 45 mg opana (nasally) 9 houea ago?

i tend to use a rapid sub taper, then some benzos for sleep (used sparingly) and a bit of immodium and ibuprofen for shits and aches respectively.
i've heard gaba is great for opiate wd's, like a miracle drug so you should be totally sorted man

Stoner420 if you was taking sub prior to your two day binge you'll find you won't withdraw before 24 hrs are up. You should be fine to dose sub 12 hrs after but like I said you should hardly withdraw so 24 hrs will be a breeze. Relapse is part of recovery but it's still a backward step and tolerance will rise meaning sub won't be as effective. Drag that 2mg out as long as poss reducing all the while to 0. Get rid of all opies. Makes it easier. Don't fear wd now tho. You are well on your way to that life you crave and deserve. Good luck. Have strength and most importantly, stay safe.
Peace damo

Stoner420 if you was taking sub prior to your two day binge you'll find you won't withdraw before 24 hrs are up. You should be fine to dose sub 12 hrs after but like I said you should hardly withdraw so 24 hrs will be a breeze. Relapse is part of recovery but it's still a backward step and tolerance will rise meaning sub won't be as effective. Drag that 2mg out as long as poss reducing all the while to 0. Get rid of all opies. Makes it easier. Don't fear wd now tho. You are well on your way to that life you crave and deserve. Good luck. Have strength and most importantly, stay safe.
Peace damo

well damoxy i tooted the whole 2 mg of sub then had 5 perk 7.5s laying around did them. my plan is to simply not touch any more opiates the rest of my life. use the klonopin sparingly, and just stay strong and man up. nothing last forever not even addiction. please will you keep in touch the next few days damoxy? i need support as nobody lmows but my girlfriend and she works 60 hours a week. so she cant really be here for me

Sorry stoner I've just read last post. Of course you can talk to me. I would love/relish the chance to help you. It makes me feel good through my own battle. I know what you mean about not having any one to talk to. It really helps but people are people. Some will help. Some will judge and some will be "wtf have I told him for" I am the former.

So where are you at. Your subs are gone. Your perks are gone.
Have you abstained since then or........well not.
If you can get more sub that would be your best bet. I don't know where you are from but here in the UK we can get 0.4 pills. I have hundreds.It makes tapering easier. Just an afterthought. Why did you blow your sub. Do you get much from it. I mean I would find it hard not to save perks or whatever but subs? Try get in your head you won't catch a buzz then they are saved more easily.
I can't say much as I don't know where you are at. Sorry again for not being here for you. I will check more often and help where I can. Peace stoner. Damo

If you can get more sub that would be your best bet. I don't know where you are from but here in the UK we can get 0.4 pills. I have hundreds.It makes tapering easier. Just an afterthought. Why did you blow your sub. Do you get much from it. I mean I would find it hard not to save perks or whatever but subs?

eyyo damoxy you talking about those Natzon tablets? i'm from the UK too and i love those little .4s they're ridiculously tiny, like half the size of tiny little sweetener tablets.

I feel kratom has worked the best at the end of a taper. From opiates to subs to kratom to c.t.

Handyvandy.
I may use kratom at the end of my sub taper but I am very inexperienced with it. Could you tell me what type is best (ground herb like stuff or extract or whatever??)
And also how best to take, how much to use etc. I plan on getting down to 0.2-0.4 before jumping on to kratom. Hope the rules permit you giving me this info. Should be fine. Definitely on the lines of harm reduction. Thanks. Keep safe guys/gals

And keeping. No I get the activis.
Trying to pm you back but silly waiting time. I'm in west Yorkshire .

And keeping. No I get the activis.
Trying to pm you back but silly waiting time. I'm in west Yorkshire .

Natzon is the brand name their .4's, they're made by Morningside Healthcare.
just post 30 more times and the time restrictions for posts is lifted!

I am on day day 5 of coming off of a ~120mg habit of prescribed oxy for about 5.5 years. Kratom has saved my life. I got 7 hours of sleep last night and today, I see the light at the end of the dark tunnel. It's beautiful. Hope you are doing well!

In my experience the best strain of leaf to combat opiate w/d is red meang da. Nice euphoria for me at 3 grams. Suppressed my cravings nearly 100% for about 5-6 hours. The best part was the energy boost. I was able to get up, move around, and even ride my Yamaha r1 around!

either red or yellow bali although i can get rid of the physical w/ds with enough loperamide for me the usual starting point is between 10-20mg of lope if I don't have kratom I take on the label doses of 12hrs ER DXM with the lope