• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiate withdrawal

mistysp19

Greenlighter
First day of opiate withdrawal. Cant focus or stop shaking. Took 3mg ativan. Will this help? Im scared and feel like I am all alone.

The best advice I can give would be to try your best not to give in and try to stay away from the pills. Yes if you take some it will make your body feel much better but it will just prolong the withdrawal. Try to keep busy, go on a walk, ride a bike, move around doing something. I've been through withdrawals a couple of times and a few of those times I was just in my house for the whole time not doing anything and I was absolutely fucking miserable. The most recent time I went through it I continued to work and get out in the sun and drink a shit ton of water and sweat that shit out and then took .5mg Xanax before bed to help sleep and I would wake up a couple hours later and take the other .5mg of the Xanax to get through the rest of the night. It's tough as shit but keeping your body busy and moving is the best way to get through it in my opinion. Just gotta tough the shit out and stay strong. You'll have to go through the withdrawals one day unless you plan on being on opiates forever. the longer you wait to kick the habit, the harder it's going to be during withdrawals.

Believe me you are not alone and yes, that should take edge off. I hope u well on your road

Need help, I am writing for someone else, I need to know if you have bad reaction to subs after one mo of use can you get methadone prescribed by your sub dr? Bad reaction pounding heartbeat chest pain / back pain?

Last edited:
One thing that will help a little bit is Kratom. Getting it online is the best but in your situation I would pick some up at a headshop so you can get it now. If there even is a headshop in your area. Get OPMS Maeng Da, that's probably the best quality they have and best for the money in my experience. I would take about 10 pills (5 grams) at least.

Good luck.

Non-opiate sedative class drugs should help reduce anxiety, muscle spasms, and other general CNS symptoms without prolonging the withdrawal.

Any Benzodiazpine, CNS-active muscle relaxant, Barbiturate, etc. should help; especially with sleep.

Last edited:
It will be rough, but you can make it. I will second Kratom. It ABSOLUTELY helps. I went through many grams of it (go for the red-vein, like Bali) detoxing off of Butyr Fentanyl, which was a complete and utter nightmare. Kratom made a HUGE difference, and it makes coming off of opiates much more tolerable. It was a life-saver for me, and I HIGHLY recommend it. I did not believe the stories I read, but it made me feel 10 times better. You have to stay on top of it, and you have to use it properly, but it can help you. I'd never say so if I didn't go through it myself. I was getting Kratom by the shitload and used it to get human again, and it made it possible to work, and even helped a little with sleep, which is the killer with opiate wds. Any questions, PM me. You'll make it, man. I know it sucks but it can get better.

Save yourself the misery and get some Kratom. It can save you A LOT of suffering. I would never get on here twice to reiterate that if I wasn't a true believer, and trust me...I had a bad Fentanyl habit that took me almost two years to establish. I WD from it once WO the Kratom, and once with, and it was night and day. In fact, I really cannot believe that more people aren't singing it from the roof tops. You can make your self far more comfortable than you are right now. Red Vein, like Bali, may help A LOT. Get a ton of it, google a good regimen to use and I am telling you, your life can be less miserable by A LOT. PM me if you have any other questions. Good luck. Getting off of opiates is a bitch, but it can be done. AS has been said before...the longer you wait, the harder it gets. Getting off of Fent was the best thing I ever did. I was also dependent on Morphine at one point, years ago, so I've been there. Again...good luck.

First day of opiate withdrawal. Cant focus or stop shaking. Took 3mg ativan. Will this help? Im scared and feel like I am all alone.

Opiate/opioid WD are a hell of a roller coaster, The Opi Gods can be very nice, but very harsh once you've left their world of worship....

It's obvious your lack of response means your currently in crash mode or relapsed....- RLS, disregard to hygiene, sleeping from not sleeping and sheer lack of interest in and at everything.

I suggest, given I have limited info about the type of Wd 's your going thru as each Opiate/Opiod has its own comedown but more a less the symptoms are common..

Eat a Banana because your probably eating nothing and bananas contain the best bunch of minerals and vitamins needed to function and the Magnesium help with the RLS.

Take hot baths when you can( I know it's hard but after the shower you will thank me)

Lastly, short term use of short acting benzos, Poppy Pod Tea, vitamin B6 or B Complex, bunch of DVDs to pass time and exercise can help massively, and a friend to help you by massaging your feet and legs.

Good luck
PapaO

Last edited:
Heya misty,

Been there recently, w/d from opium... yeah a benzo helped for me, took them for a couple of days and it certainly helped with the anxiety which was a big relief for me. I was sure to get off the benzo's (ativan, valium, xanax etc) after a few days to avoid getting dependent on them (been there as well unfortunately).

Good luck, withdrawing really sucks - feeling sick for a while, but you can do it.. after that start focusing quickly on ways to get feelings of fulfillment in anything like music, hobbies, etc because that is key to solve the problem of the hole it seems to leave behind. Problems with enjoyment / depression / PAWS basically.. Find a way to do that or get help with it, it's important.

Also a more formal announcement: this thread will be moved to another forum appropriate for this discussion. I can put it in OD (other drugs) but also TDS (the dark side) for more serious talk and support. After that sober living will be your best bet.
But one step at a time, please..

<3

Stick it out, take the advice from the others on here, they are right, keep moving, keep busy, have nice hot relaxing baths. Pamper yourself and in less than a couple of weeks, that poison will be out of your system and you'll feel normal again. Try NA meetings, it just helps being around other recovering addicts even if you don't really like the meetings. Good luck Mistysp19! :)

Last edited:
Which opiate are you detoxing from? What is your benzo tolerance? Do you have a script for any benzos? I'm currently tapering off of methadone and find clonazapam and temazepam to be very helpful. I'm not worried about becoming dependant because I already am and it is easy enough to taper my benzos back down as I try to keep my daily intake low when I don't need them. I'm not concerned about being cut or anything because my doc knows I'm detoxing and she trusts me to use the amount she prescribed me to its best affect. She also gave me a script for clonidine I haven't taken any yet but I have found it helpful in the past especially when w/d isn't too bad. Some OTC meds you may like to look at are loperamide(Imodium), diphenhydramine(benadryl), and ibuprofen.
Good luck!

Try taking a anti-diarrhea pill they are not addictive just only take the amount on the bottle as often it will also stop you up which usually what drug gives you the runs but it also helps with withdrawal symptoms just do not overdo what the bottle says this will help I have a friend that was extremely addicted to numerous pills and she used that and suboxin to actually get off and stay clean I hope this helps

Hang in there! Can't add much more to the 'loperamide and stuff to help you sleep' suggestions, but there is one thing that's helping me, which is music. With my adrenal system turning on again anything with a lot of bass sounds wonderful and works like magic to take away the headache. Gives energy too