Opiate Withdrawal.

LuckyLefty- I did a few months of Lyrica, never more than 300 mg/day and never recreationally. When I tried to quit cold turkey I had major Insomnia.
So I did 5 days each of cutting my dose roughly in half until it was only 25 mg at night ( pouring the powder out of the capsules to separate 100mg into four equal piles. That stuff tasted NASTY). Had no WD's that way.

A Note of Encouragement - and a question about PAWS

I did opiate withdrawal at home cold-turkey (under my doctor's guidance). I took my last opiate on May 10th. I tell you, withdrawing from opiates is the best thing I've ever done! I have my life back! :D And I want to encourage you all - STICK WITH IT! Yes, it's really hard the first few days, and you feel pretty rotten for some time (varies with each person) but just keep in mind how glad you will be once you finish the withdrawal process.

I still have a couple of lingering issues. The most troublesome one is a weird kind of sweating. I'm female age 73 and far past menopause. This started about a month ago. I get real hot right in the middle of my chest and the middle of my upper back, and the sweat just pours! It is so bad that I can't wear any shirts unless they button so I can rip them off when the hot flash hits... and around the house I don't even button it. The hot flashes wake me at night - reminds me of the menopause days. :( I have to throw my blanket off then when it passes I cover up again. And I always have to keep a fan directly on me.

I've heard that there is something called Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS). If anyone is familiar with this, does this sound like a PAWS symptom?

Acute refers to the worst part of the withdrawls, the first day or days. For opiates this would be around the first 10-14 days. PAWS is the period of time after that when your withdrawl symptoms are present, but far less frequent or pronounced. For some people and for some drugs this can be many years.
If you haven't changed your diet, and you aren't taking any new drugs, then the hot flashes are probably PAWS. It's your body settling back into a state of normalcy.

I'm on my 12th hour of wd from Iv heroin use at about a half g a day for a month. Was smoking my night cap of scrounged bud left over in my dresser due to a sloppy disregard of cleanliness when I have an abundance of bud. Found a small chunk of a opana 40mg (about a 5mg chunk) and snorted it immediately... Good god tomorrow is gonna suck but at least I'll be able to sleep tonight. I hope my megar suboxone supply can last at least for a dramatic tapper. Cheers to a week from hell!!!?

I'm going thru Withdrawl. Not bc I'm tapering, nothing so noble. I just ran out like the past few months. I was having to double up to handle the pain I have. So my Dr finally used both pain Meds so I should be set now but I don't get my Meds till Sat at midnight so I have few more days. My question is is there anything I should or should not drink to improve my symptoms. I have excessive thirst so I drink tons of Gatorade but I heard sugar is bad for Withdrawl so since I drink so much I thought I'd ask. Right now it's ice water but I'm on 11 different Meds and they all dry my mouth out and water makes it worse. What about caffeine? I've found a little rush of energy refreshing during wd mostly from my Adderall. Really seems to help. I'd love an iced tea. Or a Coke. Just curious. Personally I think nothing makes Withdrawl better. You can get your vitamins and green tea even Clonidine I got no relief. I accidentally punched my cat right in the face this morning because I had an arm jerk. He looked at me like wtf? Lol. I have it in both my legs and arms and cold one min hot the next and sweating and bit of nausea and the bone aches and also the dreaded restlessness. Can't get comfy and switch positions every 5 sec. Uugh I hate that one. That's just wd. Not to count my pain that is now acute. I can barely walk and can't stand up straight. It took me 10 min to walk 15 stairs to my loft. Fortunately I'm moving Sat so I have lots to do. Hopefully that will keep my mind occupied but maybe not but I gotta do it. No one to help until Sat. Thank God I'm getting my Meds at midnight so I can get a couple doses in before I move. No heavy stuff just a big chair and lots of bags of trash and some light boxes. I had a chance to get some dilaudids today. That's my ir med but I'm not paying that for one pill. Plus I'm not trying to get pills like that. I'll take my penance and spend the week in this state. Got hr of sleep. I woulda slept longer but had to pee, again and once I was up I was up. Sorry for my rambling. Anybody got some good advice on drinks let me know. Thanks.

I'm going thru Withdrawl. Not bc I'm tapering, nothing so noble. I just ran out like the past few months. I was having to double up to handle the pain I have. So my Dr finally used both pain Meds so I should be set now but I don't get my Meds till Sat at midnight so I have few more days. My question is is there anything I should or should not drink to improve my symptoms. I have excessive thirst so I drink tons of Gatorade but I heard sugar is bad for Withdrawl so since I drink so much I thought I'd ask. Right now it's ice water but I'm on 11 different Meds and they all dry my mouth out and water makes it worse. What about caffeine? I've found a little rush of energy refreshing during wd mostly from my Adderall. Really seems to help. I'd love an iced tea. Or a Coke. Just curious. Personally I think nothing makes Withdrawl better. You can get your vitamins and green tea even Clonidine I got no relief. I accidentally punched my cat right in the face this morning because I had an arm jerk. He looked at me like wtf? Lol. I have it in both my legs and arms and cold one min hot the next and sweating and bit of nausea and the bone aches and also the dreaded restlessness. Can't get comfy and switch positions every 5 sec. Uugh I hate that one. That's just wd. Not to count my pain that is now acute. I can barely walk and can't stand up straight. It took me 10 min to walk 15 stairs to my loft. Fortunately I'm moving Sat so I have lots to do. Hopefully that will keep my mind occupied but maybe not but I gotta do it. No one to help until Sat. Thank God I'm getting my Meds at midnight so I can get a couple doses in before I move. No heavy stuff just a big chair and lots of bags of trash and some light boxes. I had a chance to get some dilaudids today. That's my ir med but I'm not paying that for one pill. Plus I'm not trying to get pills like that. I'll take my penance and spend the week in this state. Got hr of sleep. I woulda slept longer but had to pee, again and once I was up I was up. Sorry for my rambling. Anybody got some good advice on drinks let me know. Thanks.

I can't specifically say for WDS symptoms but Sprite is my Drink of choice for dry mouth. It's no caffeine which helps insomnia and the bubbles seem to help my dry mouth. Come to think of it, it might actually help upset stomach issues related to WD. Who knows, I'm no expert.

Just wanted to offer support and my opinion!

Good luck closeau!

Any kind of fresh juice. I like pineapple and cranberry. Sugar is ok as long as it it REAL sugar. Dextrose, fructose, etc are all fake processed sugars and they can amplify body aches. I like to load up on fruit, like watermelon and oranges.
Club soda is great. Even better if you can find flavored stuff. Just no fake sugar!

Cool. I'll give those a try. I actually like club soda and there's that carbonated flavored water with no sugar. Maybe I'll try that. I drank that Coke and the caffeine almost gave me a panic attack. My heart is already racing as it is. Tasted good though. Anyway I worked hard today, too hard. It was so hot in that room and I stood up and got dizzy and next thing I knew I was lying in the trash bags full of clothes. Just zonked out. Good thing they were clothes man. So I stopped and came out in front of ac and dried off and chugged a Gatorade and had a smoke and felt better but decided to call it a day. That scared me a bit. Tomorrow is loading about 11 lawn bags of trash to dump so I hope I don't pass out. But then I'm almost done. Just clean bathroom and pack car and straighten up a bit. Sucks the week I gotta do this in in wd but those are the breaks. I shouldn't have doubled up so much. I'm no victim. I did it to myself but still it ain't fun as y'all know. It's 1am here and I feel like I just woke up. It's frustrating cause I wanna sleep and have peace from this and pass the time more peacefully but my body and mind have other ideas. I'm not waiting till 8am to take my 12ng I'm taking it at midnight and I'll take the 8 at 8 instead. I need some relief so I'll be popping them in the car at the pharmacy and hr later I'll be a lot better. Anyway, thank you both for the tips. I gotta call my girl and complain to her, lol

I did opiate withdrawal at home cold-turkey (under my doctor's guidance). I took my last opiate on May 10th. I tell you, withdrawing from opiates is the best thing I've ever done! I have my life back! :D And I want to encourage you all - STICK WITH IT! Yes, it's really hard the first few days, and you feel pretty rotten for some time (varies with each person) but just keep in mind how glad you will be once you finish the withdrawal process.

I still have a couple of lingering issues. The most troublesome one is a weird kind of sweating. I'm female age 73 and far past menopause. This started about a month ago. I get real hot right in the middle of my chest and the middle of my upper back, and the sweat just pours! It is so bad that I can't wear any shirts unless they button so I can rip them off when the hot flash hits... and around the house I don't even button it. The hot flashes wake me at night - reminds me of the menopause days. :( I have to throw my blanket off then when it passes I cover up again. And I always have to keep a fan directly on me.

I've heard that there is something called Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS). If anyone is familiar with this, does this sound like a PAWS symptom?

Whenever I get sober my body temperature is the last thing to feel normal. ACtually ive never been sober long enough for it to get normal. SO ya it does sound like PaWS

Hope that helps :)

Closeau- read the ingredients on anything you drink. I just almost bought some delicious looking flavored carbonated water. It had aspertame.... the sugar substitute in Diet Coke. I'd rather drink my own urine.

Ive been an IV heroin user for 16 years have kicked CT several times and ive been to detox 3 times since July...They had me on a sub taper and the day of my release i took a 2 mg sub The Dr. Kept insisting i take the vivitrol. Shot at noon i told him wasnt good idea he says we will give u the narcan challenge to see if u get any wd symptoms...told him my eyes were watering still insisted id b ok an hour after i got home i was in full blown precipitated wd didnt sleep for 3 days didnt eat for a week list 25lbs ended up in er bp at 180...they ambulance me to another detox of course their was nothing they could do couldnt give me no subs. Needles to say im suing that hospital/ detox for medical malpractice...they KNEW better than to give me that shot..i kept telling them didnt want it EVERY detox facility ive been in they r trying to force that shot on everyone even to the extreme they wont give em sub taper....

Here is the problem when it comes to going on subs for your withdrawl, if anything down the line happens to you such as a serious car wreck or u break a bone, ur flagged for life, you wont get any pain pills when u really need them. Maybe some tramadol if your lucky but that sucks anyways. I have been an opiate user off an on since I was 18, I'm 26 now. Past 2 months I found this drug called subutex, I thought id be alright to do it everyday for a week since iv never had a problem quiting, well almost 3 months now an I'm sitting here talking to you guys with a opana 15mg er crushed in front of me about to rail it. The withdrawls suck, it day 3 I swear, more mental then anything. I got sober like 3 times for a 4 day period the past few months an its always the last day. But me too, no sleep, I sweat, I wanna jump out of my skin. Lol I really cant believe after so long telling myself ahhh ill never be an addict, look at me now. I cant stop, I can find suboxone its 30bucks for a 8mg strip, on the other hand 15 bucks per mg for a fucking subutex I can snort, way better then suboxone. But those 2 aare even worse to get off, u jus switch one addiction to the other, its never ending.

Me and my wife been trying to come off subutex wds with kratom and gabapentin currently bought some kava did not get it in the mail yet down to under 3 grams per day of kratom dose atleast 2 doses per day one in am and one at nite. We are 11 and 12 days off subutex that we've been on for 6-7 years 8mg + for me a day and wife takes prolly .25mg per day. We have never took more than 10 grams per day of kratom. First, days where the hardest took 3 grams 3 times a day of red vein Thai. I was wondering how long will the subutex wds last and if I should continue taking kratom or just stop now? Please and thanks for any advice.

Greetings All-
Been reading thru many threads on this Withdrawal stuff. About 6 years ago I did a detox while in an intense PTSD Treatment Program (In patient for 2 months in VA Hospital) and yes it was BRUTAL at that time! Oxycodone 10/325 was the DOC due to MANY severe injuries sustained in Combat, and taking it for YEARS alone with several other meds as well. I personally requested the Detox which was a 3 day CT, then start of Suboxone 16mg, finally titrating down to 8, then 4 msgs a day for about a year- until the pain became so severe I went back on the Oxy's AND Oxycontin Long Terms as well.

Now Im off the Oxycotins, Perc tolerance thru the damn roof, and started snorting H a little a day to help Percs last longer - which is now starting to take over that tolerance more and more! Thankfully i have a great Pain Dr who has been treating me with numerous treatments & procedures that target the pain area (Mostly cervical spine) and coming to terms with going with an internal spinal cord stimulation device implanted within my cervical spine, etc. (Obviously he does NOT know about the H but DOES know about the high levels of Oxy tolerance & dependence. ALSO- that I want off it ALL (Obviously AFTER the implant device surgery is done, since its a painful and invasive procedure. Which brings me to my final question / topic to you all PLEASE??

Has ANYONE here ever gone thru a "Rapid Detox" or even better the "Ultra Rapid Detox" done in the hospital setting of course!
I know the Ultra has more risks involved but since you are literally hooked up to every life saving machine - inside the Operating Room, the chances of dying are somewhat less being right there connected to everything! (Based on what I read here- I have yet to ever meet or speak to someone who's had it done!! Either!

If anyone has had EITHER of these methods done I would be absolutely grateful to communicate with you somehow - private msg being a super option too!
OR - if this post is in the WRONG section please educate me on exactly WHERE I should be posting it if someone doesnt mind? (Im going to post somewhere else as well where I may THINK it should be!) Im VERY thankful to everyone here who has shared their own personal stories which I have no problem with also!

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny

Greetings All-
Been reading thru many threads on this Withdrawal stuff. About 6 years ago I did a detox while in an intense PTSD Treatment Program (In patient for 2 months in VA Hospital) and yes it was BRUTAL at that time! Oxycodone 10/325 was the DOC due to MANY severe injuries sustained in Combat, and taking it for YEARS alone with several other meds as well. I personally requested the Detox which was a 3 day CT, then start of Suboxone 16mg, finally titrating down to 8, then 4 msgs a day for about a year- until the pain became so severe I went back on the Oxy's AND Oxycontin Long Terms as well.

Now Im off the Oxycotins, Perc tolerance thru the damn roof, and started snorting H a little a day to help Percs last longer - which is now starting to take over that tolerance more and more! Thankfully i have a great Pain Dr who has been treating me with numerous treatments & procedures that target the pain area (Mostly cervical spine) and coming to terms with going with an internal spinal cord stimulation device implanted within my cervical spine, etc. (Obviously he does NOT know about the H but DOES know about the high levels of Oxy tolerance & dependence. ALSO- that I want off it ALL (Obviously AFTER the implant device surgery is done, since its a painful and invasive procedure. Which brings me to my final question / topic to you all PLEASE??

Has ANYONE here ever gone thru a "Rapid Detox" or even better the "Ultra Rapid Detox" done in the hospital setting of course!
I know the Ultra has more risks involved but since you are literally hooked up to every life saving machine - inside the Operating Room, the chances of dying are somewhat less being right there connected to everything! (Based on what I read here- I have yet to ever meet or speak to someone who's had it done!! Either!

If anyone has had EITHER of these methods done I would be absolutely grateful to communicate with you somehow - private msg being a super option too!
OR - if this post is in the WRONG section please educate me on exactly WHERE I should be posting it if someone doesnt mind? (Im going to post somewhere else as well where I may THINK it should be!) Im VERY thankful to everyone here who has shared their own personal stories which I have no problem with also!

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny

Gunny.

I wish I had an answer to your questions, I don't. I just wanted to thank you for your service and sacrifice!!

Thank you Very, very much "Aplumgirl"

I was so lost searching all over here for this method i even went and posted a thread on it, which though it didnt get me anyone who's PERSONALLY been thru it themselves, but at least some other kind members like yourself who spoke what they DID know or heard, or had knowledge of. If interested you can check in there, which actually goes a bit deeper into WHO I am and WHAT I've been thru and done? Sorry to take this thread off in another direction folks! :(

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/805234-Seeking-Those-Who-ve-Done-quot-Rapid-quot-or-quot-Ultra-Rapid-quot-Detox-Methods-Please!

9years of real opiet abuse.
vic, perc, ox, rox, fentanl, herion, suboxen, methadone.
I have done it all and I have abused it all and I have withdrawn from it all.

Nothing helps opiet withdrawl. Nothing. even benzos never helped if anything it made it worse. you may be able to get rid of your anixety with smoking or drinking or downers however that feeling of dying of your skelaton trying to jump out of your body of your skin crawling, the feelings will not stop. You have a few choices.

1.suboxen (this is the only way I can stay clean I have tried staying sober off it and I can't)
2. ween down then off (and just suck it up)
3. Just take the withdraw

Opiet withdraw over all other drugs of which I have tried them all except crack. I will say is prob the worst withdraw because it gets worse day by day. Booze... I felt dead day one but day two I felt less dead. Opiets I felt dead day one then more dead day two. and it got worse and worse till i wanted to cut my self and die, and kill, and destroy everything. the depression and hate built and built... well anyways .. all im saying is either ween down and suck it up or get on suboxon and except it.
suboxon works very very well and you only need a small dose like 2 mg a day. I used take 16mg a day and i weened down now to 8mg a day and im fine I plant to go to 2mg a day. This is after 9years strait of abuse of all drugs but mainly opiets... so if I can do it so can you. withdraw sucks and in my exp nothing makes it better, other drugs always made it much much worse and booze by far made it worse because it made me stupid and made me miss opiets it made my depression worse...

The only drug that might help your withdraw is stims. Meth or something a small line. It will help a lot in fact, I used it before to get off ox. Just don't switch one addiction for another, I never really got hooked on meth for some reason so I could use it to get off of other drugs easy, then quit it when I was done. beside that suboxon is a good idea. I don't rec. drinking btw drinking withdraw is horrible (I mean horrible) don't get hooked on it. plus when the booze does your body no favors, give that liver a chance bro. You don't want a bad liver (from exp) at 28 I have a bad liver, its not cool.

Going from 8mg to 2mg of suboxone isn't a walk in the park and you will feel a difference. Anything below 4mg and you'll feel it for a while. As for just accepting suboxone for life? Fuck that. Suboxone and Methadone long term are awful awful drugs. I am barely hanging on to 1mg on it and have all sorts of complications. I can't wait to get off it.

In terms of staying off opiates, the biggest key in my opinion is who you surround yourself with. If you truly want to stay clean, getting away from ANYONE that uses is the way.

If you dont have problems with otehr drugs then take GHB and speed, it will almost completely kill any WD but you have to stop taking these after the WD's are over. Also phenibut is very good for raking of the worst WD.

Hi all. Well I'm on day 5 of wd of massive oxy habit. And trust me when I say that I'm a person who u wouldn't think for one second would have massive oxy habit. :( When I say massive I mean 120mg up to four times a day. I don't advise anyone to do this dose but I been doing them years. Anyway it got to point of money wise and fact I got scared buying them.. Anyway I've tried before but felt so bad that after two days I felt like I was dying so went back to them. But this time I did bit of research and seen a lot of people saying lyrcia and I have tons of these. Doc gives me them for back. That's how I got where I am due to broken back. So tapered little last Oxys I had then next day started on lyrcia. I read start small so took what doc said 150 mg every four hours. I've gone up as tolerance builds quick. But like I say day 5 I'm on and nothing compared to how I been before. No wd symptoms. It's like wow. So lyrcia defo works for me. I just wonder how long I should stay on these for? Also as my oxy habit so high how long before oxy out of my system?? .....I sure hope this time I do it. As can't live like this no more. Oxys sure took hold of me ?

Hi all. Well I'm on day 5 of wd of massive oxy habit. And trust me when I say that I'm a person who u wouldn't think for one second would have massive oxy habit. :( When I say massive I mean 120mg up to four times a day. I don't advise anyone to do this dose but I been doing them years. Anyway it got to point of money wise and fact I got scared buying them.. Anyway I've tried before but felt so bad that after two days I felt like I was dying so went back to them. But this time I did bit of research and seen a lot of people saying lyrcia and I have tons of these. Doc gives me them for back. That's how I got where I am due to broken back. So tapered little last Oxys I had then next day started on lyrcia. I read start small so took what doc said 150 mg every four hours. I've gone up as tolerance builds quick. But like I say day 5 I'm on and nothing compared to how I been before. No wd symptoms. It's like wow. So lyrcia defo works for me. I just wonder how long I should stay on these for? Also as my oxy habit so high how long before oxy out of my system?? .....I sure hope this time I do it. As can't live like this no more. Oxys sure took hold of me ��

Stay as long the WDs are gone. I think lyrica causes physical dependency after 1-2 month daily use.