• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate withdrawal??

So, I had a terrible heroin problem. Tried to quit cold turkey, was too sick, and had to do a 4 day taper. I'm getting the naltrexone implant tomorrow, I'm only 3 days off my taper. Anyway, my doctor wants me to start with 1/4 pill so its in my system. Now, I know I'm going to get even more sick. I've accepted that. My question is, how long will I be sick before it starts to feel better? Is it like Suboxone and after 1-2 hours, you're feeling quite a bit better, orrr...? Thanks!

^ What do you mean by 1/4 pill? I don't understand what kind of pill you'd be taking.. I thought you said you're getting the implant, so I assume it's not a naltrexone pill?

Optimally they want you to be opioid free for 7-10 days before naltrexone induction, otherwise you're risking precipitated wd. <- I think this is what you were asking when you asked "how long will I be sick for".. Generally naltrexone will expedite the wd process, but simultaneously making it more intense. This precipitated wd usually lasts anywhere from 36-72 hours for most addicts, but can last up to a week in rare cases. Also, normally patients that have to endure this wd, are put under anesthesia for duration of wd..

If you're 3 days clean, I would wait at least 3 more days, to prevent pwd when indiction naltrexone...

Hey I hope I'm on the right thread first time poster. I have been on dope and tried to switch to sub's but went into pwds so went to get some more dope to try and fight through it. Its been 24 hours since my last use of dope and I still am not in full withdrawal. I usually can't even maje it to 20 hours. Do you think I'm good to take some sub's again since there may be some lingering sub from the sub I took before the pwds. Also I took some benzos to help me through the wait this time. Do you think thaty may make any difference in wait time?

I try to not worry less about how many hours it's been, and instead guage how many symptoms I'm experiencing. The COWS scale is very helpful to compare and contrast.

Seems a lot of people think there's an hour mark when it's ok, but everyone is different, and sometimes at 24 hours I'm sick as fuck, and other times I need quite a bit more time before taking the sub.

I want to tell you guys something since most of you wil never experience Liver or Kidney failure. Thankfully.
I had no idea what opiate withdrawal was until a bad car accident resulting in chronic pain and injury caused me to accidentally overdose on Tylenol. I was put in pain management and prescribed morphine after I barely survived and had a Near Death Experience.

The pharmacy gave me the wrong pills one time and I ended up in acute opiate withdrawal and it felt exactly like kidney failure.
I went back to my doctor telling him I was having kidney failure. He figured out what had happened and told me that I was not having kidney failure, I was in opiate withdrawal. My mouth dropped open and I started saying no but then the realization hit me.

Kidney failure is fucking painful. We are talking out of your mind, squirming on the ground, swearing up a storm and screaming painful.

This is where you are headed if you are using opiates for recreational purposes, or even if you are using them for extreme pain just so you don't kill yourself. Please, I appeal to those whom are not in this deep. Stop. Quit. You don't want to go down this road.