• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Opiate Withdrawal Products

JessTD

Bluelighter
I was gifted an Amazon gift card and searched "opiate withdrawal products" and a lot of vitamin type shit popped up. I'm on the 2nd day of an opiate detox.

Do y'all have experience with any of these? Are any of them worth getting?

Pretty similarly to any other ingested herbal extract. Not like it's gonna get ya fixed right on it's own, but its very useful to potentiate kratom. For me it just calms some of the excess stimulation and shitty body feelings. Had to travel for work and wd, and the boost was noticeable.

When I got clean last it was fucking miserable even with black seed, kratom, could only get 2mg subs so those weren't helping. It's def a tool in the toolkit though. There are other simple common herbs that come to mind, ginger/turmeric are anti-inflammatories to some extent and will help with the stomach, and just feeling a lil better. Lot of needlessly horrific detoxes out there that don't need to be so.

Buprenorphine should be OTC imo and kratom should be safe to set up a legit industry with shops and bars. No other rational response to the amount of ODs.

Last edited:
From everything I can tell. Can't say too much on the scientifics, but there are plenty of reddit threads about it. I believe that bioperine potentiates a bunch of stuff. Like how you have to take it with turmeric. And as far as going through withdrawal, just taking black seed in general does help.

So I'd just search black seed oil on amazon? And how do you take it?

Pretty much. Nigella sativa black cumin oil. i believe is the official term. But you'll find it searching black seed oil. Should be bottles of 60 or however many cold pressed pills.

Was searching for the particular one I got but couldn't find it. There's lots of options. Check out Wikipedia and such on the history of it and reddit, and reviews on Amazon before buying.

But yeah people have taken it forever and it helps with lots. I think Muhammad (yes that one) famously said it was the cure for everything besides death.

I'm sure someone may have a more hardcore way to take it like in tea or something? But just taking the pills helped me. Not gonna totally eliminate withdrawal, but can def take the edge off, especially during PAWS too.

^^ Ibogaine is definitely something to be considered, but it is not something to go into lightly and a lot of research would need to be done by OP before even thinking about going that route.

Love me some Black Seed Oil stuff has so many applications it's kinda mind boggling. I take it in softgels from this company that has great reviews. Used to use tinctures but it tastes pretty rough, one time I used the empty vial to make solution of Vodka/DOC and every time I'd trip on it would start with flavor of BSO in my mouth.

Well anyways you can also buy Loperamide on there which is hell of a useful last resort for me. But they stopped selling big bottles last I checked and I had to go somewhere else. But back to Black Seed Oil I suggest everyone to read about it and supplement with it if not only during the pandemic in regards to immune benefits along with Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc and Turkey Tail Mushrooms amongst other types I buy all that stuff on Amazon and take daily. I used to have shattered immune system from medical condition started ten years now. Was treated with courses of anti-biotics close to three years and should not have allowed it as become chronic anyways and I destroyed the healthy flora in the process.

Anyways I was getting sick literally every month for years with respiratory infections I started taking big doses I'm talking 3-4 grams for a year straight of Turkey Tails and mixing in Reishi, Maitake and some others I take so many different mushrooms for other stuff to I'll get into that in a minute. But yeah I went from getting sick monthly to like once every 8 months and no when I do get sick I beat it off quickly like in days usually when it would knock me out two weeks before.

I was seriously concerned I was gonna die years ago it was that bad and only getting worse. I would strongly encourage everyone to take Vitamin D3 right now as being deficient in that causes complications related to Covid19. It's one most important things to supplement in these days especially if your spending long times indoors because the body usually produces D3 when spending time in the sun. It's a critical one for the immune system.

Also like to take Cordyceps to increase energy and help my breathing and Lions Mane to help neurogenesis help memory and its believed to prevent alzheimers. Mushrooms are so fascinating and they saved my life for sure, I have a deep love for all of them along with Psilocybin. Hope you following a more satisfying path and all is well, I'm in the process of quitting Opioids as well and it's a challenging task I've been addicted to them for twenty years now. Just really wanna spend some of my life free from the stuff, currently in the midst of a Buprenorphine taper.

Last edited:
Imma have to give this BSO a go. Over the opioid/benzo dependence for a coupla years now but ya never know.
Oh and I'm a mushroom lovin mf, too, so gonna get on those.
Thanks for all the great info here, fam.
@JessTD
Hope all is well. Noticed ya haven't been here in a couple months and would really like to know if ya tried any of the suggestions and how they may or may not have worked out.
One
Damn... just saw a vendor online at like 2fiddy for a g of hcl? Wow... shit must be awesome. Heard a lot about it and surely a potent substance but that is costly, imo.
Wanna try it but cannot justify the purchase at this time.

Last edited:
BSO is a godsend for tapering down your kratom dose, especially during the first few days that you cut back from three doses a day to two. I got really restless and uncomfortable when I phased out my afternoon dose, but BSO almost entirely removes the restlessness and seems to help with mental state as well. With BSO and low doses of DXM to keep myself in a positive, confident mindset that I CAN get to the point of not needing kratom daily anymore now that I'm past the excessive pain following neck surgery in November. I've gotten from 70g/day minimum of kratom a little over 6 weeks ago to 30g/day today. I'm going to stabilize at this dose for another day or two before I start titration my dose down again. I honestly don't know if I could have gotten beyond the awful restlessness when I cut out my afternoon dose without the BSO. I'm going to look into memantine for helping when I cut out my morning dose in the next month or so.

I have not tried the Kratom yet?? I hear a lot of very interesting feedback here with regards to it? I am currently using 300 mgs/ 2xs per day of Gbipentin :cautious:?? It has helped lower my Vicodin intake!! I get down to a low dose 10-20mgs /day then move it up to 40-50again?? Feel a bit shitty for a day or two as I lower again, and start all over again:mad: