• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate withdrawal / possible overdose

Anonymous57

Greenlighter
This could be my complete paranoia. I’ve had a few times where I’ve done binges of opiates. The first time was about 6 years ago. (I’m 30 right now). I was going through some awful mouth/toothache pain. I had a guy who always had some sort of opiate for sale at street value. I spent roughly around $500 I’m about a 3-4 months span. I could’ve been tookin advantage of but I was desperate. I was spending anywhere from 3-6 a pill depending on the dose. Well after about the 3-4 month span I went through a horrible withdrawal. I felt like I was dying but it was all just flu like symptoms at the time I was oblivious to the whole thing. I fought through and felt fine in about a week. About a year ago I have to have my MCL repaired and low and behold they put me on opiates for the recovery. I have about a prescription of 30 pills with one refill. For the first 30 pills I did prettt well on taking them as prescribed but the last 30 I can’t say the same at times I was taking 3-4 at a time every few hours. Once they were gone I went through the withdrawal again it wasn’t as bad as the first but I knew what it was and only last a few days. Know that is my backstory to opiates know it’s time to get to my concerns/questions. Lately I’ve been having a lot of “health problems” they haven’t really told me what is exactly going on but I’ve been on a heart monitor for about a month. (Time for it to come off and get results of it). I have had test of my Gallbladder, Liver and been to the ER serveral times always getting a good bill of health aside from what they “don’t know” or can’t find. Recently I’ve ran into some extreme back pain and it’s rendered me useless day to day. I’ve been to my PCP and he gave me some kind of anti-inflammatory but it’s not seeming
to help. I went to the ER and they gave me a shot of the good shit and some tramadol. That night I slept like a baby due to the duladed but the next morning the same pain and the tramadol wasn’t doing anything. I ended up getting my hands on about 25 Norcos something I’ve never took but knew it was an opiate. They were 7.5/325 and let’s just say they were all gone within about 4-5 days. It’s only been a day without any and I’m having all the signs of withdrawal that I’ve had before but this time I get SUPER dizzy, have serious pain in my lower left back at time (especially when shitting) and extreme heart rate changes with panic and even thoughts of suicide. Is all the new symptoms normal or should I get checked out right away. Thanks for reading the wall of text and hope to hear answers soon I’m really freaking out here.

It could be a number of things causing your lower back pain. If the Norco made you constipated, that can cause lower back pain. Have you had lumbar issues in the past or sciatica? If this doesn't go away or gets worse, I would get it checked out.

If you're familiar with the most prevalent withdrawal symptoms that you typically experience, I would say that you are the best judge in determining whether this is par for the course Opioid withdrawal or something more serious. I would say, given the fact that you already have noted that it feels like an issue separate from withdrawal, than it very likely could be. Sadly, we can only take very vague jabs at a diagnosis which doesn't do anyone any good. Even when being examined directly by a physician it can be difficult to determine the root cause of a problem, so it's extremely difficult or impossible for us to.

I would recommend going to see a doctor if you can afford it or going to the ER if you feel that you are worsening severely.