• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Withdrawal please help ASAP

Hydro1988

Greenlighter
Hey all. So I ran out of hydrocodone and oxycodone. I go through withdrawals when I run out, but have always got more within about a day. This time I'm not able (I've even wanting to get off of them anyways..and have 0 self control when I've tried to taper ?).
I'm getting xanax 2mg (not sure how many to get..?) and have Imodium and Aleve ready to go.. epsom salt for baths and heat pass because I get ridiculous body aches.. Gatorade, etc. I'm really relying on the xanax to help at least take the edge off and help me get through it. Anyone have any advice? Tips? A schedule maybe for the xanax? I naturally have a high tolerance to things (which is strange) so I can take quite a bit of xanax and be fine.
I have to be able to function to go back to work at least by Tuesday. :/ so any help is greatly appreciated!! I know, I should have tapered. I don't need the lectures. Lol ?

Last edited:
Completing oxy/hydro withdrawal by Tues is a pretty tall order. All of your support meds sound good and the xanax will be key when you feel like jumping out of your skin but try to save them for the nights. Kratom is also something you should google and check out here as well. It's short notice but might make work possible if you can get 2nd day air delivery. Kind of need some more info to add specific help.

Can you elaborate on the amounts of oxy / hydro you have been taking and how long ?

Thanks so much! So I haven't got the xanax yet, but have 30, 300mg gabapentin. I was prescribed it a while ago and thought it made me sleepy the next morning (now I actually believe that was just the trazadone). Anyways, I'm feeling the withdrawal effects and just took a gabapentin. Idk how much I should take..
umm on and off for maybe a year.. closer to 6 months tho is when I would say it got worse and I became dependent on them. 60-100mg hydro a day or if I had oxys I would take about 75mg a day.. it all depended on supply. A lot of time I would have to
Take less but I would take close to 2x that a day if I had it.