• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate withdrawal or not

Seth5997

Greenlighter
On and off opiates for about 3 years. This time I've been clean for 10 days of absolutely nothing. If I take a much smaller amount once or twice will it re start withdrawal? I don't really want to quit just need to try to be smart so I don't go through that hell again. Please no judgement just help. Thank you

Restart withdrawal? No... restart addiction leading to withdrawal? Yes.

For me there is no "taking once or twice". There is no controlled opioid use for me. I'm either clean of opioids or a full blown junkie. There is no middle ground.

I can't speak for you... but for me it's like that.

You need to be honest with yourself here and not ask other strangers (nobody can really answer your question except yourself!). Take a look at your past usage. That should be your gauge.

But honestly judging by your words I doubt you are a "controlled use" type of person. No judgement, just telling you straight.

if you fuck with opiates after you go through wds, chances are you'll be going through wds again and again until you quit. hard drug to keep under control.

if you fuck with opiates after you go through wds, chances are you'll be going through wds again and again until you quit. hard drug to keep under control.
This. It's dependent on how many withdrawals you have had before and how intense they were, as well as the total tolerance you've had. NMDA antagonists are the gold standard to avoid this* :)

* of course it's possible to become addicted to both, like me. It's still the less worse option probably, and avoidable.

Restart withdrawal? No... restart addiction leading to withdrawal? Yes.

For me there is no "taking once or twice". There is no controlled opioid use for me. I'm either clean of opioids or a full blown junkie. There is no middle ground.

I can't speak for you... but for me it's like that.

You need to be honest with yourself here and not ask other strangers (nobody can really answer your question except yourself!). Take a look at your past usage. That should be your gauge.

But honestly judging by your words I doubt you are a "controlled use" type of person. No judgement, just telling you straight.
No doubt controlled use is almost impossible I say it almost Everytime. I'm speaking just from withdrawal side. I have never gone 2 full weeks. Curious if I did have ability to control usage if Wds come back instantly or not.

Use NMDA antags (sorry, couldn't resist). Binge on weekend and get an energy boost on monday.

Can't tell anything about long term risks & price though.

Use NMDA antags (sorry, couldn't resist). Binge on weekend and get an energy boost on monday.

Can't tell anything about long term risks & price though.
Wouldn't be able to find any but yes IF ONLY it was possible that Sat and Sun didn't turn into 7 days a week morning and nights could WD be avoided at this point even though I've ended up in them countless times

NMDAI's like memantine take off the withdrawal more or less independent of how long the opioid was taken, by a direct receptor interaction instead of just masking it. Depending on the amount of tolerance and how intense the w/d would be without they need to be taken for some days to 2 weeks. Maybe I tolerate them better than the average but you can go from 200mg morphine to zero without real discomfort, I experienced a boost in energy the first days after stopping the morphine. It's one of the most impressive neurochemical interactions I know of so far.

Do you mean because more likely than not I will be back to every day use or if I take at all my body will still withdrawal even if it's been 2 weeks ish

One day of use won’t put you back in withdrawal. Even a couple days of lite use won’t. But I will say this. Once you’ve been addicted to opiates you can go back to being physically hooked to the point where you will get sick after you stop a lot sooner now. Like a number of days.

An example: I was clean from an IV heroin habit for about 2 years. I shot up some dope for 3 days straight and a little blip on the fourth day and after that I was pretty sick all over again for about 5 days or so. It happened that fast.

so, it won’t happen as fast as your thinking but it definitely will happen faster for sure.

One day of use won’t put you back in withdrawal. Even a couple days of lite use won’t. But I will say this. Once you’ve been addicted to opiates you can go back to being physically hooked to the point where you will get sick after you stop a lot sooner now. Like a number of days.

An example: I was clean from an IV heroin habit for about 2 years. I shot up some dope for 3 days straight and a little blip on the fourth day and after that I was pretty sick all over again for about 5 days or so. It happened that fast.

so, it won’t happen as fast as your thinking but it definitely will happen faster for sure.
I was clean for 40 days from a 100mg morphine habit. Relapsed ONCE, did a 40mg shot and i was wding after 2 days. ofc it wasn't that ugly but was uncomfortable nonetheless.

You will feel it if it has only been 10 days.

It takes about 4 weeks of abstinence from a short acting opioid to use once and not feel physical withdrawal. Even then psychological withdrawal is almost inevitable.

As far as NMDA antagonists are concerned I frankly do not find them very comforting during opioid withdrawal nor do i truly feel a profound tolerance reduction. Nitrous oxide is an exception, but it alleviates withdrawal only temporarily and also acts directly on opioid receptors (which is why it is far more euphoric than most dissociatives).

You will feel it if it has only been 10 days.

It takes about 4 weeks of abstinence from a short acting opioid to use once and not feel physical withdrawal. Even then psychological withdrawal is almost inevitable.

As far as NMDA antagonists are concerned I frankly do not find them very comforting during opioid withdrawal nor do i truly feel a profound tolerance reduction. Nitrous oxide is an exception, but it alleviates withdrawal only temporarily and also acts directly on opioid receptors (which is why it is far more euphoric than most dissociatives).
man it actually takes months of sobriety till u can actually cheap. After 10 days i bet the shit is still in ur blood and ur brain recovering.