• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate Withdrawal Onset (or Lack Thereof) According to Use

Foerock

Bluelighter
Hi guys. I have a question and a theory to present and looking for opinions and/or facts.

I have struggled with heroin/morphine/opiate addiction a large part of my life, but am thankfully now clean. However I have been wondering about something as of recently. I remember when I first started shooting dope, I would do 10-20$ a day IV, and I did it for 2-3 months straight. No breaks. When I quit the first time, I had no withdrawals, at all, what-so-ever. I only learned of dope sickness after my second time going back on the H, where I was hooked and would get dope sick within the first month of using. And adding to that, right now I know (according to what happened last time) that I will experience withdrawals from heroin or morphine is as little as 5 days use (granted not full-on withdrawals, but withdrawals nonetheless).

How come is it so? I have a theory in my head, that at first it was just harder for me to spot or realize withdrawals because I didn't know what they were. And maybe now I "get them faster" because I know exactly what symptoms to look for. Sounds plausible but still it doesn't explain away the first time I quit, I swear, 3 months every day use and NOTHING when I stopped. I was 100% fine when I should have at least remember "having a flue" or something of the sort. But I don't, and to add to that, I have a friend who claims the same in not having had withdrawals the first time, and then experiencing a faster onset every time the process is repeated.

TL;DR: Onset of opiate withdrawal goes from non-existent to faster, faster and faster every time the addiction process is repeated. How come?

The brain remembers, is the simplest way to describe it. Heavy use of anything will downregulate the associated receptors. A simple analog is muscle memory, but in context of the brain. If I use to exercise a great deal and stopped, and if I started again years later the strength and size will reoccur faster than in someone who has never exercised with such prior intensity.

As we are just a combination of cells we are highly (and I suppose entirely) impressionable to outside stimuli

If I got my hands on Purdue's most beloved prized blue M30's all over again--I'd notice something similar to you as well. I'd say it would take me a good week to have my tolerance solidly escalate (and when I say good week I mean GOOOOOOD week).

However the brain also withdraws and becomes dependent on it much faster than initially when it comes to opiates. It's must more and more proof that when it comes to opiates you've only really got a good year or two. After those two years.. you best run for your life! Sadly--if I were you I would at worst return here and then using caution if you insist on living on the glory days. I know how painful it is to never be able to truly appreciate opiates in the way you want to--but the game ended a while ago. So I would highly suggest just staggering your usage and avoiding withdrawals while occasionally experiencing some good ole opie pleasure. Your time is up and you can't set back the clock :(

The brains remembers which is shit a couple of days of heavy use and I get the runny nose anxiety after only a couple of days. A week or two of use and I will have withdrawals. I know loads of people who go India use for 2 to 4 weeks of raw opium come back and be fine thats because they never had the addiction

The brains remembers which is shit a couple of days of heavy use and I get the runny nose anxiety after only a couple of days. A week or two of use and I will have withdrawals. I know loads of people who go India use for 2 to 4 weeks of raw opium come back and be fine thats because they never had the addiction

People don't often associate anxiety with opiates -- because benzos do a better job of medicating that. Detoxing off opiates does give you overwhelming anxiety. Remember it like it was yesterday ;) If you've gone through the withdrawal in the past... theres only so much one can handle lol. It's not good for your soul to constantly be in and out of dopesickness :(

Oh, and thanks for leaving that HR advice. I suddenly have the strongest urge to visit India. "I am a botany student. Sir, may you please point out to me the location of your dankest poppies as I am writing my thesis on their supernatural abilities to make one feel all tingly inside."

I can put up with the puking lope takes care of the diarrhea but not the anxiety it makes me scream and cry . My first detox was cold turkey and it was hell at night it would feel like a million people tickling me i would dread the night . Then i discovered lyrica and detox was a breeze never do a cold turkey again.

Brother the best raw opium and poppy pods I got was in a town near the Shivalik hills in northern punjab . They could have come from across the border in pakistan im not sure the heroin in punjab if you pay the right price was the best i had so near afghan must be the reason

I can put up with the puking lope takes care of the diarrhea but not the anxiety it makes me scream and cry . My first detox was cold turkey and it was hell at night it would feel like a million people tickling me i would dread the night . Then i discovered lyrica and detox was a breeze never do a cold turkey again.

Brother the best raw opium and poppy pods I got was in a town near the Shivalik hills in northern punjab . They could have come from across the border in pakistan im not sure the heroin in punjab if you pay the right price was the best i had so near afghan must be the reason

The lethargy is the worst symptom for me. I'm naturally gloomy and am used to depression and anxiety to a degree... but being unable to get out of bed and do anything besides bask in my own sweat and misery makes it hard to breathe air lol. I don't think that even the most sinister junkies deserve what happens to one when they detox off opiates. But alas the poppy plant made the rules.

To the desert we go then? A quest for the magical plant how exciting.

I swear to god all depressant drugs get worse and quicker withdrawal/rebound anxiety over time.

I mean it's already been said but the brain remembers. Once you keep re introducing a new element into mix, its gonna fuck up the concept of balance slightly more each time.

I swear to god all depressant drugs get worse and quicker withdrawal/rebound anxiety over time.

I mean it's already been said but the brain remembers. Once you keep re introducing a new element into mix, its gonna fuck up the concept of balance slightly more each time.

Every drug is a trade for a trade and I think that's often forgotten. If you think that you can just freely weave in and out of opiate use being immune to any potential consequences jesus gonna take the wheel and smite you :(

Like dis if u cried

The lethargy is the worst symptom for me. I'm naturally gloomy and am used to depression and anxiety to a degree... but being unable to get out of bed and do anything besides bask in my own sweat and misery makes it hard to breathe air lol. I don't think that even the most sinister junkies deserve what happens to one when they detox off opiates. But alas the poppy plant made the rules.

To the desert we go then? A quest for the magical plant how exciting.
Bruv i forgot the lethargy and the cold feeling never being warm except for a hot shower but too tired to get to shower i would for myself to shower twice a day pure misery. I fucking hate people on tv or litreture say it a really bad flu.

Every drug is a trade for a trade and I think that's often forgotten. If you think that you can just freely weave in and out of opiate use being immune to any potential consequences jesus gonna take the wheel and smite you :(

Like dis if u cried
We call poppy pods Dode and raw opium Afeem heroin is called smack or chita which means white in Punjabi. Be careful they a bunch of robbing wankers ask a taxi driver sort him a bit of cash and he will sort it all the truckers and taxi drivers are on opium and know good dealers.If you fancy a smoke get hash we call it charas it is good shit we near Himalayas good stuff . Also tell taxi driver to get anything you want from a pharmacy no control but they might be wary of a white guy and not sell your taxi driver will get it

Like dis if u cried
I mean pharma opiate use was presented casually and socially in the late 90s and early 2000s through informal word of mouth and tongue in cheek references in television and film and by musicians.

It was considered different from the morphine or heroin that is injected by addicts.

What we're seeing now is strange because pharm opioids are now beginning to be viewed as heroin came to be viewed:
In a binary fashion, either it is morally wicked and to be destroyed and made illegal, and its users punished; or it is a gift from god to be used freely regardless of addiction, similar to how many chunks of western culture have long ago embraced alcoholism almost whole heartedly.

Rarely do I see opioids discussed in a rationalistic or pragmatic sense that takes into account the pros and cons of the drug family and treats it simply for what it is : a tool to be used and not abused with it's own unique drawbacks and advantages

I mean pharma opiate use was presented casually and socially in the late 90s and early 2000s through informal word of mouth and tongue in cheek references in television and film and by musicians.

It was considered different from the morphine or heroin that is injected by addicts.

What we're seeing now is strange because pharm opioids are now beginning to be viewed as heroin came to be viewed:
In a binary fashion, either it is morally wicked and to be destroyed and made illegal, and its users punished; or it is a gift from god to be used freely regardless of addiction, similar to how many chunks of western culture have long ago embraced alcoholism almost whole heartedly.

Rarely do I see opioids discussed in a rationalistic or pragmatic sense that takes into account the pros and cons of the drug family and treats it simply for what it is : a tool to be used and not abused with it's own unique drawbacks and advantages

I personally am very adept at music... I can tell you that in the beginning they made performance anxiety melt and the euphoria made me play at my best for a solid year. It wasn't one of those things that were in my head either just because I was high lol. Of course the pharmaceuticals did not help me improve and eventually they made me play worse. However, there's a perpetual atmosphere of anxiety from the pressure and high standards musicians/actors tend to set for themselves that makes them more prone to opiate addiction and addiction in general imo.

Opiates have a unique role within the pharmaceutical/medical industry that cannot be replaced. The fact that the doctors (who themselves are on high dose opioids at this point) are ridding chronic pain patients of their scripts and leaving them borderline suicidal is pretty heartbreaking to witness. Yeah... there are less pharmaceuticals on the street because heroin is reaching a corona-level pandemic. But in America--we just pretend that drugs don't exist! They created a monster and still scratch their heads as if they bear no responsibility for the millions of lives suffering right now. It's not my karma to worry about though and I'm not the one that has trouble sleeping at night. There's a special place in the world for pharmaceutical higher-ups like Purdue.. and it's not heaven I'll tell you that much. :LOL:

"OC80's are not addictive at all!" Okay. I'll take a hundred thousand of them do you take checks?