• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate withdraw

J

Junknown1323

I have been using around 120 mg of oxy daily for 10 months. My tolerance is so high that I take that amount just for maintenance I'm going to quit tomorrow cold turkey. I have been trough withdraw and it's brutal and that's what's giving me anxiety about quitinf and obviously the fact I'm a drug addict. So any advice to get through the withdraw as painless as possible I'm prescribed more xanax than any one needs in one month 120 a month but only use 1/4 of the script every month, will xanax help also, is it worth using two suboxon strips for the first three days taking two hairs the first day and two wuarter strips the second and third day? Thoughts in using drugs to help withdraw is it counterintuitive?

If you have suboxone, you could use that like you said maybe 4 mg for the first day. Then drop it to 2 mg. It will keep you from being sick but when you stop the subs, you will feel some withdrawals. That's when you can use other meds to get you through. Taking Xanax would help you to sleep at night. You don't want to take too much because they are habit-forming too.