• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate withdraw solution !!!!!!

Jerseygirlluv

Greenlighter
Lyrics or Nuerotin!! I'm telling you guys it works for all your Symptoms. Imodium for the run if u get them while on one of these.

You're right, Lyrica (or neurontin) is very helpful for a lot of withdrawal symptoms, but many people do not react well to lyrica, or their addiction is far worse than yours, causing lyrica to not be able to cover up all symptoms. Still a VERY useful tool in a withdrawal kit, but it is not a panacea

I find that for the first week on subs after a run, sweating / hot flashes can be pretty bad. Gabapentin helps tremendously with this. However, I only have this issue the first 5-ish days, and have never tried gaba totally on its own during withdrawal.

I have tried up to 1200 mg at a time, several times a day of Gabapentin (Neurontin ). It was useless for my withdrawals. OC, I was withdrawing from Oxymorphone and Fentanyl analogues, which is much heavier stuff than many of you are withdrawing from.
I find that the stronger the drug and the longer the half life, the worse the withdrawals will be.
Maybe Neurontin does help with weaker opiate withdrawals, but I think it depends more on the person's individual chemistry than the particular strength of drug they're withdrawing from. Just MHO.

I have tried up to 1200 mg at a time, several times a day of Gabapentin (Neurontin ). It was useless for my withdrawals. OC, I was withdrawing from Oxymorphone and Fentanyl analogues, which is much heavier stuff than many of you are withdrawing from.
I find that the stronger the drug and the longer the half life, the worse the withdrawals will be.
Maybe Neurontin does help with weaker opiate withdrawals, but I think it depends more on the person's individual chemistry than the particular strength of drug they're withdrawing from. Just MHO.

I too was on strong stuff and can attest to what you are saying. If you are fully withdrawing (no opiate replacement drugs), most of the stuff mentioned in this thread will help take the edge off at best, if you're lucky... In general, don't have too high expectations from anything that isn't an opioid itself. It only helped me because I used it in conjunction with subs. I do know people that swear by gabapentin, however, so individual body chemistry probably does have a lot to do with it.

Lastly, very good point about half life. I find the stronger the drug, the more intense/acute the withdrawal symptoms are (e.g. fentanyl compared to H). The longer the half life, the longer the withdrawal period. That's why maintenance drugs are so hard to get off of. You basically have to wean to a point so low that you are only taking crumbs before you drop off. Otherwise you'll feel it for at least a month or two.