• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Opiate tolerances skyrocketing before dependance

Juniper Bruhmomentius

Bluelight Crew
So what causes opiate tolerances to skyrocket? And thats without daily use. Could it simply be that once youve used for lets say 100 times they skyrocket? Is It possible for psychosis to be part of the tolerance increase?

Could it simply be that once youve used for lets say 100 times they skyrocket?

I don't think tolerance skyrockets suddenly after using x number of times. As far as I know it doesn't work like that but I could be wrong.
Tolerance increases gradually or semi-gradually with each use and can increase very rapidly as you increase your dose. That can happen even without daily use, partly because some opioids have a long half-life so they keep activating your receptors even when you don't feel high.
This is the case with buprenorphine, which is an extremely strong opioid agonist (despite being a partial agonist).
So taking bupe regularly will definitely skyrocket your tolerance to other opioids.
I guess "psychiatric meds" could be contributing to that as well, maybe they won't increase your opioid tolerance directly, but they may prevent you from getting the good (recreational) effects.

However, I don't have any experience with buprenorphine so I'm not entirely sure how it works.
Maybe more people would respond if you give us more info. What's your problem exactly? Your usual dose of buprenorphine isn't working the same? Or is about other opioids?

So what causes opiate tolerances to skyrocket? And thats without daily use. Could it simply be that once youve used for lets say 100 times they skyrocket? Is It possible for psychosis to be part of the tolerance increase?
Do you stay in a lot cuz of covid try going for a walk to the park sit on the bench get some fresh air then try doing the opiate when you get back home I also use music to enhance my high, sometimes I smoke loads of heroin and hardly feel high then I put some music on and we soon as I hear the music I start to feel my high gets more colourful I love to sometimes close my eyes half one out and just relax listening music

I was taking daily xanax and pregabalin back in the days so I guess they affected my pathways. For a year too I was just taking a lower amount and just didnt get as high while my tolerance kept increasing. When I started weekly bupre I needed 160mg oxy just to feel it.

ISo what causes opiate tolerances to skyrocket? And thats without daily use. Could it simply be that once youve used for lets say 100 times they skyrocket? Is It possible for psychosis to be part of the tolerance increase?
I became psychotic because my father showed up with the emergency people because I was basically dying while on acryloylfentanyl (
. Upon becoming psychotic when the fireman where knocking at my door I decided to shoot 5+mg eyeballed, but it didn't feel anything but slight euphoria, (then I fell from the second floor trying to climb down the window, broke my ankle and my knee, but that's another story) so yes, psychosis might be the reason for your tolerance to skyrocket. Try adding a benzo, it should help

I became psychotic because my father showed up with the emergency people because I was basically dying while on acryloylfentanyl (
. Upon becoming psychotic when the fireman where knocking at my door I decided to shoot 5+mg eyeballed, but it didn't feel anything but slight euphoria, (then I fell from the second floor trying to climb down the window, broke my ankle and my knee, but that's another story) so yes, psychosis might be the reason for your tolerance to skyrocket. Try adding a benzo, it should help
Thanks, Ive thought the psychosis affected my tolerances for years. Theres no way it went from 60mg oxy to 160mg oxy in 20 opiate uses.

Thanks, I have my own link who has the new batch. Not sure, need to think it more. Btw youre one of the better posters of this site.

I took antidepressants for almost three years (escitalopram, sertraline, and venlafaxine). I wonder if that shit makes me need more mg. of opioids to get high? Knowing the ability of A.D. to "worsen" the metabolism of certain opioids.

I took antidepressants for almost three years (escitalopram, sertraline, and venlafaxine). I wonder if that shit makes me need more mg. of opioids to get high? Knowing the ability of A.D. to "worsen" the metabolism of certain opioids.
Sorry bruh, can't help you