• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Tolerance

KidneyStoneMaker

Greenlighter
I apologize. I did not realize my last thread violated the rules. If any part of this violates rules please advise me and I will edit as necessary

I will ask a different question.

Why is it that doctors will only prescribe me 5mg percocets? When I need something stronger.

BACKGROUND

Hello,

I am new here. I posted an introduction. I am Canadian.

I am not really a recreational user but I have a high tolerance.

I always get prescribed 5mg percocet.

When I probably need like 20mg or stronger.

I have a chronic kidney stone issue where I get kidney stones like 3 times a year. I have had over 50 stones in 10 years. So with kidney stones and other injuries. I have spent the last 12 years or so being on pain medication probably 3 times a year.

I have built a high tolerance and I have had morphine, dilauted, percocet, vicodin, oxycontin.

Currently,
I have been sick for a month with some kind of weird kidney infection they say test originally was positive but now negative. However I am still having all the symptoms but test negative for infection. I was told though its possible to have the infection still but not test positive. I do have a tiny stone in the kidney which is not causing the pain.

I started out with stomach pain for two weeks. Then ended up with renal colic (kidney pain) on both sides and random vomitting, painful urination for 3 weeks. Now I have diarrhea instead of vomitting. I have also fractured my rib from vomitting so hard for two weeks. The first round of cipro didnt work so now they have me on Amoxy Clad antibiotic. So hopefully I will get better soon.

When I was in the hospital tge other day they gave me like 36mg of morphine over like a 12 hour period.

But yet they only send me home with 5mg of percocet which all the doctors always prescribe me. Its annoying. I have been to 3 hospitals in 2 weeks. I have gone through like 95 pills in like 2 weeks so far. I think this is a bit insane.

I think it would make more sense for them to prescribe me a higher dose or a stronger pain killer. I have been drinking lots of white grape fruit juice to help make the pills stronger.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you

Doctors like to cover their ass by prescribing a lower does especially oxy. They may feel that's all you should need but if it's been a while now tell your doctor that it isn't quite helping it anymore or tell them you have to take two to get relief. That's what I did with my doc and they upped how many I got but not the dosage. Hope that helps.

That's shitty. I would think after seeing all those doctors, and having to deal with the pain from kidney stones only taking 5mg of perc, one of them would listen to you and prescribe you something different or stronger. 5mg of Percocet won't kill any pain whatsoever for the majority of people, especially after taking it for a while like you have. I would just keep trying different doctors until you find one who will actually listen to you. I have never been to any kind of pain management docs but have been to some psychiatrists and sub docs who just sucked, they didn't listen to me, wanted to rip me off of the meds I have been taking for years that I need, all kinds of bullshit. Thankfully I now have a sub doc/psychiatrist who gives a fuck, and prescribes me every thing I need to live life like a normal person without any bullshit. Just gotta find that one doc who gives a shit and listens to you to actually help you and is open minded to new options to deal with your pain. I know a lot of people in pain management, and some of the bs they have gone through made ME mad to hear about, even though I don't even go to them or have to deal with it. I hate ignorant close minded doctors of any kind. If you are able to keep looking, find a doc who cares about what your going through, they are out there. Good luck.