• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Opiate related acid reflux stomach bloat GERD

Highonlife1

Greenlighter
Some years ago while using IV morphine sulphate in various phases on 2 or 3 occasions usually after only a few days usage as opposed to my previous month+ stints I developed bad acid reflux, a bloated stomach that wouldn't process food very well and diarrhoea so acidic it would roughen the plastic toilet seat. I never did see a western doctor about this however was treated well be Chinese traditional medicine to have basic recovery in days over a few weeks of treatment, although did feel my digestion was forever compromised slightly and I have had to be more careful with my eating since.
I did become scared from using for a long time after, felt washed out and stayed clean for many years.

Going forward I do now use various opiates occasionally and I've created some rules to follow although would be interested if people might have helpful things to share or feedback on my conclusions
  • Don't inject within 2 hours before or after eating, I use to often inject after meals I suspect this being my downfall in hindsight.
  • Avoid protein powder meal replacement. I thought why eat when I can drink these, suspect digestive system prefers real food and these may have some detriment.
  • Go light on food while ON
  • Do poo before IV
  • Eat a few prunes before getting ON and with later food, more constipation related, not my issue but probably doesn't hurt.
Also should ask has anyone suffered similar and gone the western medicine route and the results?