• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate question

Speeedmagic

Bluelighter
So I use opiates really whenever I can get my hands on them.. maybe once or twice a month.. sometimes I'll go months without them.. sometimes I'll binge. Anyways, I love the euphoria, and pain relief of opioids, but they always seem to make me really moody, and sometimes irritable.. is there anyway to help this problem? Does anyone else experience the same thing?

The solution is in your username. Opiates are not a party drug, it's meant to relax, so of course if people ask you questions while you're trying to be out of it, it's going to bother you, it bothers me also! It's an annoyance. It's a bit like when the wife bothers the drunk husband for drinking instead of doing laundry, that's how domestic violence happens. When somebody is on downers, he should be left alone, so he can relax and enjoy the down. People who don't understand this deserve their beating regardless of their sex or logic.

I still think it's subjective to the individual and other drugs used near the time frame of the opiates/oids. When I began using I had some similar irritability but after a decade of of opiates & low dose benzo use I actually became quite pleasant and energetic.
Mow the lawn? Sure. Fix the roof ? No problem. Also chatting with hot bank tellers is a given.
It may be due to long term changes in the brain that cause this but never the less it's consistent. It's also caused me to lose the enjoyment I once had for good meth/ ice. Like it was a totally different drug. That was a bummer, but maybe for the best.

^Being 6'5" and 290 lbs I'm not getting away with laying a hand on anyone of the opposite sex. Not that I would ever act on it anyways.

Although I don't recommend a decade opiate habit to correct any irritability.

^ In the tribe that we live in today people don't respect pleasure. Pleasure comes at a big cost. In the case of an alcoholic, pleasure comes at the cost of his health (liver), his money (to buy alcohol) and his time. People argue that, when someone invests time into something, you gotta respect that, like, when someone volunteers, he invests time into the activity, so it is respected. How come that when someone invests time, money and ALSO HEALTH! That nobody respects it and tries to find fault with it?

It's because we live in a tribe of mean, arrogant savages. We as a society, when we see 2 dogs coupling, we stick a wooden branch in the tomato red penis while it's penetrating the female, and we keep sticking it in there, until the male dog goes crazy, jumps us and bites us. That's who we are. We simply cannot leave 2 dogs couple in peace because their peace bothers us...we take a branch and poke with it in there to feel better about ourselves.

I feel sorry for the wife who gets beaten, naturally, but I have to wonder, why is she not leaving, instead of poking? Why poke? If you don't like the sight of 2 dogs having sex, you can leave. You don't need to poke. And if the dog bites you, whose fault is it? The dog because it's bigger and stronger than you? But naturally, it is the idiot doing the poking who is at fault. If you're smart you leave, you don't poke an animal in pleasure.

Some people grow up into 40 y.o. adults and they have the mentality of a 5 y.o. at best.

I used to get very irritable with certain opiates, usually when the rush and the best part of the high would be on its way out.. One day me and a few friends did some opana 40s back in the day, the OG yellow octagons, not the new antiabuse ones, and we all sniffed about 10-20mg and were feeling great, then all of us simultaneously got out of the car and threw up, literally all 3 of us at the same time, lol. and this particular day, I don't know what it was, but we all started fighting about the stupidest shit! I believe we went to Wal-Mart afterwards, and just fucked around, don't even know why we went there, then all of us, including myself just became very irritable.. and just mean! it was odd.. I think maybe Ksa has a point, its best to just chill after doing opiates, and usually I would, just chill, nod out, and love every fucking second of it! Especially with oxymorphone(opana), that is and always will be my favorite opiate, but it is the only one that REALLY makes me moody when it starts to wear off, while something like oxycodone, wouldn't really make me AS moody.. as long as I had enough to get by.. I think it was because of how fucking incredible the rush/high of opana when done intranasal or IV is.. then when it wears off, its like fml, this sucks... idk, but I have always had better experiences with opiates just by myself, or maybe with one other person, and me and that person usually didn't say more than 3 words to one another while nodding out, comatose, and in pure bliss from the opiate euphoria.. Opiates/opioids are definitely not party drugs!

perfectly normal to get irritable.

I've always found this to be one of the more comical aspects of Opiate usage. You wouldn't think that a drug that makes you feel so great internally could turn you into a bit of a prick externally, but for some reason it can. I don't really get angry easily, but when I'm really high, I can be very easily annoyed or irritated, but it's never so bad that I can't keep it to myself. I had a roommate for a little while who would start bitching as soon as the shit hit his brain.

my ex wife recently told me it was my tell. she knew in 30 seconds or less when i was high. i guess the stuff really changes my personality.

Interesting to read everyone's thoughts.. I just recently had a binge (9roxy30s, and a pint of cod.prometh) over the course of 3 days or so and 2 days off I'm honestly happier off them. It's very very odd.. I feel like I would want them for the pain relief/high but honestly I'm happier and more stable on my addys and Valium.. Ill have quite a bit of tramadol this weekend, which I have plenty of personal experience with, and do enjoy. Thank you alll for taking the time to share your thoughts!!!

I've definitely noticed this effect. If anyone is demanding of me on "my" time, I will get very short with them and annoyed very easily. I realize it in the moment, then I get irritated at myself which helps nothing. I didn't remember this happening in the early days of use, most definitely more pronounced after about 5 years mostly on.

Yeah man, very much more noticeable at work. Took some roxy with my normal daily adderall and I thought it would help the time pass / make for a better day..nope. I was just itching to get home and smoke some reefer lol it was hands down the worst "cannabis craving" I've ever had...lol

^IMO the best thing to make time go by faster at work or school, is benzos.. don't recommend anyone picking up a benzo habit, to make time go by faster, but really klonopin, valium, and Xanax will make time fly by at my job.. usually just kpin, as I am scripted them and don't usually take other benzos if I already have my kpins. They don't make me irritable either, in fact its quite the opposite.. just mellow, happy, and a hell of a lot less anxious than without them.. Idk what id do without my kpins, when I began taking them, it was like I had found something I had been missing my entire life, like a missing piece of a puzzle! I just became a different, more normal, more happy/talkative person! If you actually need them, and take them as prescribed they are very helpful, if you abuse them and get addicted without actually needing them or being prescribed, you can totally fuck your life up!

No yeah man, I'm loving, and in love with my prescribed Valium. I just need a higher dosage..ugh give it time... in the meantime I got ambien? Fun/helps me sleep. So that's nice

my ex wife recently told me it was my tell. she knew in 30 seconds or less when i was high. i guess the stuff really changes my personality.

Yea it's a bitch trying to get away with shit when someone knows you that well. My wife doesn't have much experience with drugs but she can sometimes tell when I'm all wound up that something is up. Yep - Me!! My ex would probably know in an instance but hey, she's history so... that's that.

Personally I've always done most of my driving by myself and I like to listen to music up very loud or a good story (whatever I'm in the mood for) but if someone keeps trying to talk to me while I'm grooving on a good tune, I do get pissed! Probably why I like to drive alone.

Yeah I do seem to enjoy it more on my own.. but my girl uses with me, not close to as much.. but still. It's sometimes nice and sometimes not.. I can never seem to find my "vibe" without more n more benzo to the mix..