• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Naive

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I recently asked a question about a week ago about Oxy Dosage, and despite clear answers I’m still a little confused my question would be, what would a safe dose of oxycodone be for an relatively opiate naive person be. I’ve been both prescribed before and have taken them on my own, safely in dosages from 5-15 but I’d like to know would a authentic 10 mg oxycodone cause fatal respiratory depression. I know my source, I’m safely not driving, and I have headache and need some energy as well.

We all metabolize differently but Oxy is approximately 1.5x the strength of Morphine so that is about 15MG Morphine. If the pill is from an actual prescription, you aren't drinking, and your pain levels are high (increase blood pressure) 10MG should help your pain greatly. Just make sure it is authentic because you just never know. Best wishes and hope you feel better man

Yes sir, I barely drink and haven’t done so in about two weeks, I do have small bouts with hypertension but only like 150/70 or so. I personally pick up the script myself so I know they are authentic. Thank you for responding quickly as I have been waiting on someone to respond to decipher if it would be safe. I wanna maintain as responsible usage as one can therefore I been spacing out my dosage to 5-7.5 ID and then taking the last quarter or after about 4 hours. I just get anxiety when you read about respiratory distress. And I’ve had extensive exposure to most of these substances since a teen both legitimately and recreationally, but I’ve learned not to step beyond my bounds. Hope you have had a wonderful thanksgiving.
We all metabolize differently but Oxy is approximately 1.5x the strength of Morphine so that is about 15MG Morphine. If the pill is from an actual prescription, you aren't drinking, and your pain levels are high (increase blood pressure) 10MG should help your pain greatly. Just make sure it is authentic because you just never know. Best wishes and hope you feel better man

Yes sir, I barely drink and haven’t done so in about two weeks, I do have small bouts with hypertension but only like 150/70 or so. I personally pick up the script myself so I know they are authentic. Thank you for responding quickly as I have been waiting on someone to respond to decipher if it would be safe. I wanna maintain as responsible usage as one can therefore I been spacing out my dosage to 5-7.5 ID and then taking the last quarter or after about 4 hours. I just get anxiety when you read about respiratory distress. And I’ve had extensive exposure to most of these substances since a teen both legitimately and recreationally, but I’ve learned not to step beyond my bounds. Hope you have had a wonderful thanksgiving.

No problem and I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving as well brother! True, genuine pain actually causes insane BP levels sometimes. My 10MG of Oxy and 2MG of Clonazepam makes my levels within the normal range but it is tough man. 10MG, having already been exposed to it, is definitely safe my friend. It is always good to ask though! If the 3/4 helps the pain I'd rock with that because tolerance for this stuff sucks but if 10MG would suit you better I personally find redosing isn't as beneficial as taking the entire 10MG at once. God Bless brother! That will definitely give you relief

Yeah, that’s what I’m referring too with this thread as ive stuck to initial 5 mg dosage and just today bumped it to 7.5. I think I’ll follow what you said and keep it as minimum as possible. But I appreciate you taking time to enlighten and ease my worries cause I’ve looked and been unable to find the middle ground in posts between people’s first times trying Oxy and others with experience. Plus you saved me from calling the pharmacist on an anonymous call to ask. Hahaa

I’m giving an allowance to keep a tolerance building of no more then two pinks a day, with space in between. So next time I’ll try then 10 and report back my findings, I’d like to keep this thread relevant for others seeking the same advice cause like I said, it’s possibly already a thread but difficult to find multiple users ranging in experience to give a detailed account of what’s safe and not, I’m sure you’ll have to occasional person quoting ungodly/dangerous numbers but I’d certainly like to start a discourse accounting for us not so experienced. Personally I hope my last allowance comes in tonight. Wish that luck haha I need to get this Christmas lights up :/

I agree with Future Reference. Good advice. 👍

You would be fine taking 10 mg even opiate naive but it is wise to take less. Only take the amount needed to gain pain control and wait the 4-5 hours in between dosages so that you don’t build up a tolerance to the medication and require more and more with diminishing effects.

You kind of have to find the right dosage for your body and pain situation. 10 mg all at once might make the side effects such as nausea worse or it might help more. It is a matter of pain level and body chemistry. It may work better for you to just take the 5 -7.5mg dosage every 4-5 hours. Give it a try with 10 mg all at once if you need to.

Good on you for being cautious! Oxy is strong medication.
I hope you feel better soon. Pain sucks.

Just try to keep yourself naive. Many of us have tried at first just casually and ended up shooting heroin for 10+ years.
10 would be pretty harmless imo just be careful not to make it a habit because quitting is ridiculously hard

Thanks everyone for you’re responses I’ve decided to quit dealing with Oxycodone in general. I’ve began to notice that it’s not enjoyable like it once use to be, not that the effects have diminished but the polar opposite. In the time since my last reply, i’ve tried a 7.5 milligram dose, and weird sedating effects began to happy during the peak plasmas. I began to feel as if I was nodding out, a very spaced out feeling but I was uneasy to let that happen. The loss of control of my consciousness has forced my hand to not deal with them outside of a clinical/prescribed setting with a doctor that knows what they are doing. In the meantime Ima look to other things for pain control and mood elevation. I wanna tell y’all exactly how much it means to me that’s y’all care enough to tell me to stay away from it as much as possible and giving me the outcome so of my actions. I’m thankful for whatever reason it doesn’t excite me as much as it use to and I experience more negatives then positives. Wish me luck have a happy holidays everyone