• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Hangover or Withdrawal?

Enough999

Bluelighter
I was opiate free for 2.5 months until yesterday when I insuflatted a 30 mg roxy. Today I have a pounding headache and my skin is crawling. Can it be possible that I'm withdrawing again? I don't want to have to taper or do anything like that...how is this possible?

Opiate withdrawal vs just a hangover...how can you tell?!

After 2.5 months clean could 1 30 mg of oxy cause withdrawal?

I don't think taking one tablet would put you into withdrawals, not in my experience anyway. After being clean for so long, it may have made you feel sick afterwards because your tolerance is lowered. That's happened to me before. How do you feel now?

I've never had a headache from withdrawal. Maybe it's something entirely separate going on.

I've also never had anything I'd describe as a hangover from opiates.

Ya know what man, it is really strange you say this! I had a very similar experience a couple days ago. I was almost 4 weeks clean, and about a couple days ago I found a 40mg OP on the floor of my dudes moms pad (she is prescribed them for her pain) but this OP pill was old fersure. Normally an orange color to this pill, it was a little faded in color, but I took it anyway. Tried to snort it but was impatient with peeling off the wax film and crushing up the damn thing, so I chewed it and swallowed it. Mild mood lift at best. The next day I got a pretty bad headache.. I've heard when you put your body through the stress of repeated withdrawal, even being clean for 2 weeks or a month, if you go and do opiates it can trigger a stress response in your body/brain. Since it craves it, it's like you tease your brain, so it gets pissed off and tantalized and stressed, thus potentially bringing on the headache.
But who knows! Was it my old pill? Is that still possible after 2 and a half months clean? Is this even a solid theory? Aha, without studies and science to back my claim, this remains purely my speculation. I am as perplexed as well, but I'm gonna chalk it up to my brain being stressed and pissed at me for teasing it ha.

Last edited:
whatever it is, its not wd's - just a bad reaction i'd guess.