• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate for withdrawal

EcstasysLove

Greenlighter
I have a moderate H addiction/tolerance for about that past 7-8 months. I have some Tylenol 3's, 30mg Codeine. How many do you think I would need to take at a time to take 80%-90%(majority) of the WD away when I'm dry on H?

Personally I would start at about 120mg, you'll probably need more than that, but start low and tritrate your way up until you feel relief. Also do a cold water extraction on them. I want to say there's 300mg apap each pill, so even at 120mg of codeine, you'll be consuming 1,200mg apap, which isn't lethal, but highly unnecessary..

- Hopeless Soul

how do you take the heroin? If you inject it, I'm sorry to say that you'll likely find little to no relief from codeine, or you would have to take so much that it would basically be pointless unless you have an almost unlimited supply of them. To top that off codeine has a ceiling, so taking more than a certain dosage (someone else can chime in on what that is) will not provide much more in terms of relief.

Is there anyway you can get your hands on some clonodine or gabapentin? Kratom?

it depends entirely on your tolerance to heroin, but just take them until you feel relief.

1000mg paracetamol every 4 hours (max 4000mg per day) is the max recommended, so do a cold water extraction if you need to take more than 3 tabs at a time or more than 13 tabs a day.

If this also helps one morning I had pretty bad withdrawals from about 10-12 hours from my last use and I took 15mg hydrocodone and it took 80% of the withdrawal away.

Thank you Hopeless Soul, appreciate the ideas! I've tried cold water extraction with Vicodin in the past but I'm not sure if I ever did it properly. :|

@Znegative - I smoke it off foil. That's the only ROA I use and ever plan to use. I actually have clonodine but I am scared to take it because of how it affects your heart which makes me paranoid. 8( I actually just recently bought Bali kratom but have not tried it yet, I want to use it as a last resort and was even thinking of using the kratom to quit the Heroin.

it depends entirely on your tolerance to heroin, but just take them until you feel relief.

1000mg paracetamol every 4 hours (max 4000mg per day) is the max recommended, so do a cold water extraction if you need to take more than 3 tabs at a time or more than 13 tabs a day.
The maximum per day was lowered to 3000mg.

And regarding the ceiling effect Znegative was talking about, it's at around 400mg.

If 15mg hydrocodone take around 80% of the withdrawal away and you want to achieve the same with codeine you'd need between 180-240mg I guess.
Hydrocodone is around 1.5 times stronger than morphine so 15x1.5=22.5
Codeine is around 0.1 times as potent as morphine so 22.5/0.1 =225mg
Do a CWE and start with asllittle as 150mg,maybe that's enough and it's always better to keep the dosage as low as possible.
But keep in mind that many people don't get any effect from codeine because of an gene mutation making them poor metabolizer

OP, if you got kratom, fuck the codeine, seriously. take a few grams of the bali and you'll be feeling much better.

@Znegative, I've been reading a lot about Kratom and have not tried it yet because most people seem to say it only SLIGHTLY takes away the withdrawal. So I'm afraid I will be disappointed.

^ There is a few reasons for the hit and miss issues with kratom. The main 2 are, 1.) There is different varieties and strains, some are more potent than others, the "extracts", usually get the best reviews. And 2.) Some people are very psychologically addicted to their doc, so they go into thinking they wont get relief, or they may even get relief, but refuse to acknowledge it. If it's easily attainable for you, I would at least give it a shot. It has helped a lot of people. However, it does have addictive properties and can cause it's own withdrawal, so like anything, use discretion and moderation.

- Hopless Soul