• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Opiate detox/withdrawal question

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
So in wanting a question confirmed/answered.

I have recently stopped taking Suboxone, I’m 5 days off 1mg sub per day and I piss tested negative for suboxone on day 3 of no subs (huge surprise as I though it lingered in urine for up to 7 days) so I’d say by now most of it is gone from my system,

I have been using oxycodone to stop the withdrawals until I can get back on the suboxone program here in my country.

Each morning I’ve been waking up in withdrawal but the strangest thing is happening , each morning I’m waking up since day 3 the withdrawals seem to be less and less each day,

Now I was initially tinkering with the theory that because I haven’t been taking a full opioid agonist for so long that stopping the Buprenorphine because of how bupe works on the receptors that I wouldn’t develop dependance to a full agonist straight until after a couple of weeks and the oxy could simply be used as a withdrawal aid until I’m through the worst of bupe withdrawals then I could just do a quick taper on the oxy and avoid most of the harsh withdrawal symptoms all together.

That theory seems to be coming to life considering each day I’m waking up after 14 hours of having no oxy in my system I seem to be in less and less withdrawal. Is there any science behind this or is this all in my head and I’m actually still just temporarily holding off opiate withdrawal as a whole?