• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate detox important

Invisible Helper

Bluelighter
Opiate detox

Well I'm in a bit of a predicament . I'm using IV blk tar .4 daily with benzos (but have recently taken control of benzo addiction and kicked it but maintained opiate addiction ) I used to do .4-.5 blk tar IV along with 20 mg Valium or 2 mg kpin/Xanax depending what I have. So I got school in 9-10 days (college) and I absolutely cannot be like this . I've been working for the last 3 years instead of school and maintained as a functional addict working but with school it won't work and it's been too long my money isn't doing good either . I've tried kicking many times at home with all the meds a person could want. I have morphine 15 mg ER , 4 subuxone 8 mg 2 pills 2 strips, bunch of kpins, Valium, lots of gabapentin , loperamide , and weed but ever times I try I fail. Today I got to hour 19 no dope and gave in did .2 in a one hour window and I gotta restart tomorrow all over . (I took 300 mg gabapeptin and 2 mg k pin to try maximize the effect but not much help) anyone have any idea what could help me I mean I've been on a million threads like this I know in suiposed to walk hot tub soap on my feet at night valerian root all the tricks I've read but at the end all the meds you want it's still 75% mental in the end :/

Last edited:
Is there a good detox you could go to so you can be safe coming off the benzos on top of everything or have you considered a methadone/Suboxone maintenance program. My alcoholism started in college and addiction followed. College is stressful and the environment isn't conducive to sobriety IMO but I went to some big universities and they aren't all alike. Get a good support system in place asap too.

I'm back to hour 16 no dope took 900 mg gabapentin no benzos . I'm pretty sure I got me
Benzos under control I don't crave them I never really fiended for benzos like opiates not even close I could always take weeks off easy and the thing is I don't even fiend for morphines I have i want blk in the form of a shot lol that's my problem anyways I guess I'll update if it's worth anything . A lot of times these threads fade off into relapse I don't wanna waste people's time. Anyways if anyone knows what's a good amount of gabapentin to take for withdrawal let me know please. I'm doing this at home and taking 300 mgs at a time splitting the 600 mg pill in half and wait a few hours I'm worried what too much is

Keep it up. It sucks but everyone faces it at some point.

I found I couldn't have anything around and had to give everything to someone to hold. Or better yet toss it. If it is around you will rationalize taking just a little bit at some point, which will set you back or cause you to start again.

But that's quite a habit so you may do better going to a clinic and getting daily methadone and work hard to taper over a month or two.

If going to school you will have stuff to keep you busy which is good. But I find some exercise, my choice is mountain biking, and wearing yourself out really helps your body heal faster and gives you a natural high which can make you feel better. If you start partying in college it's easy to get caught up in it which is another good way to relapse. Unless you can Just stick to friends that drink or it won't take long to find that world.

It's rough though and I just try to sleep thru as much as I can and find things to keep you busy and not thinking about it as much even if just watching a bunch of favorite movies.

Good luck!