• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

Pregabin is definitely my DOC for the rattles. I find I don't need as high a dose as many people. Add in a low dose of xanax and an anti-histamine, and I'm pretty functional if kind of high. Maybe that's the real comfort-being mildly stoned on drugs with anti-anxiety properties.

^Preggies...

I took 900mg at once one of the days and my whole body was jerking (in a kinda fun, but weird, way, not a seizure), so went back to 600mg which seems like a good dose for me, 300mg I find unnoticeable, does anyone know if tolerance shoots up quickly? I was also snorting a line or two, not sure if it was doing anything though, but I wanted to give myself something up my hooter as that's usually my ROA for the H.

Sorry for going off topic but MUSHET!!!! I was just asking about you the other day. Glad to hear all your good/not so good and inbetween news. It's just good to hear from ya pal. Best of luck in the new biz with the missus.

Hopefully you'll be kicking about more regularly again. xxx

Back on topic, as you were.

MUSHET !!!!! Yeaaaaay !!!!! {{{{{ hug }}}}} Where have you been? We were getting worried about you!

Yay. The return of Mushet. Was wondering where you had been. Hope things are going well for you bro.

Sorry for going off topic but MUSHET!!!! I was just asking about you the other day. Glad to hear all your good/not so good and inbetween news. It's just good to hear from ya pal. Best of luck in the new biz with the missus.

Hopefully you'll be kicking about more regularly again. xxx

Back on topic, as you were.

Cheers, it's rather nice to be welcomed back! I thought I'd have been forgotten about like the only person at the school reunion whose name you don't remember, even when told his name 'hiya guys, remember me, registration class for 6 years, we used to sit beside each other... no.... no.... no?!' Pure fuckin' tragic by the way.

Yeah musket it is good to see you back. Quite a few of us were wondering your whereabouts. Glad to hear your well, don't beat yourself about slipping back into old habits it takes most people many attempts before we get it right. One step at a time man.

^Preggies...

does anyone know if tolerance shoots up quickly?

Incredibly quickly ime. Tolerance virtually doubles every time you take it on consequitive days. That is one of the things that has spared me getting a pregabalin habit.

I can not touch them for weeks, and then just have one day for a different frame of mind, kinda fuzzy and mellow. I tried a big dose once only, i cant recall exactly, 6 x 75 mg pills (thats a big dose for me when i normally only take 1) and it felt like bad trip territory. Not pleasant atall.

I have found them helpful for quiiting kratom, and before that potentiating opis.

Clonidine has been one of the best discoveries ive made, it completely smooths out all those chills, cold sweats, temperature fluctuations, crawling aching skin and muscles type of effects when w/d ing from opis. I think i had a real phobia about opi w/d, but Clonidine has transformed that. I actually feel so much better about myself now that ive finally managed to quit my kratom dependency.

New to this, not sure how it works but here goes. I've been smoking heroin for about six weeks now, about 0.3 / 0.5 a day. Tomorrow I'm giving it up and I am very afraid of the withdrawal symptoms, I can't afford to do it. It is already affecting my life taking time off work etc I've got to much to lose. A friend has given me about 20 300mg lyrica and 15 10mg diazipam to help with the withdrawal. I'm not sure when and how i should take them? If anyone can advice me please can u message me or reply I would really be grateful thanks. Dave

Last edited:
Do you have any tolerance to either substance?

You can take the lyrica as required throughout the day, id leave the diaz till you go to bed, and use it only for sleep.

If you can get some clonidine i could not recommend that any higher as per my post above.

Thanks for reply mydrugbud :) I used to have a tolerance to diaz, have not taken since january, not sure if the tolerance has gone down yet. Should I wait until the withdrawal symptoms have started before I start taking pregabs . Is the clonidine to stop diarrhoea as im very constipated and don't want to make it worse. Not sure to buy some cannabis as it makes me paranoid at the best of times. How bad do you think that my withdrawal will be? And how many days do you think it will last? Ive got 3 days off work hope im ok by the time I am back in. Thanks again

You need to start them straight away mate or you'll suffer unnecessarily.

The clonidine is an alpha adrenic antagonist and it helps stop those hot and cold flashes and that horrible adrenalin surges that make you want to crawl out of your own skin. They are also great for helping you sleep.

As MDB says they really help a lot. Especially when take with pregabalin. I used it the past year when cold turkeying of 180mg of methadone and they made the difference between getting through it and not. I think it may have been me who recommended the clonidine to MDB but Im not 100%.

Its quite easy to get prescribed by your doctor as it has zero abuse potential.

Unfortunately mate there isnt anything like clonidine available OTC..

Things like codeine, tramadol or loperamide will very much help withdrawl but as you say they just prolong it since they are opiates themselves..

However if you are going to be REALLY uncomfortable between now and Monday taking some codeine to keep yourself well until you can get all the meds together to do a proper detox isnt the worst idea ever.

It all depends on you mate and whether you want to start now or wait until you have everything together. It is worth noting that it's only Wednesday today so Monday is a long way away and you will have gone through the worst of the withdrawl and be climbing out the other side by then.....your weekend will be pretty rough though..

Edit....if you want to start an opiate free detox tomorrow and have diazepam and pregabalin then they will help loads....you should be starting to feel a lot better by Monday...days 2 and 3 are usually the worst and you should start to feel better ever day after that his usually 6-7 days depending on what you were on and for how long.

No worries mate.

You want to take the diaz and pregab together starting in the morning. You shouldn't need them for anymore than a week really. If you're still ill on Monday then maybe ask the doctor for clonidine but I doubt you'll need it by then.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluid and whatever food you can get down as not eating and drinking makes you feel much worse. Hot baths and showers help a lot too. The pregabalin and diazepam should help you sleep but you can get sominex from boots to take at night if you cant sleep.

By all means send me a PM whenever you want and I'll be glad to help if I can. I'm at work a lot (paramedic) but will answer when I can.

Most importantly don't worry about it. Tell yourself that this isnt the end of the world and most of all however bad you feel remind yourself that it ISN'T permanent and it WILL pass in a few days.

Good luck mate.

Thats should be ok but just make sure not too take too much of the zopiclone and diazepam in the same day (small amount of each should be ok though). Also keep the zopiclone for nighttimes.

Last edited:
Fuck, I'm really craving something today.:\

I wasn't sure exactly what it was that i was craving, so I've had loads of water, a coffee, some LH stims, vaped loads of nicotine, had 1/4 of clonidine and 2 pregabalins, and 5 Lopes about 2 hours ago. Unfortunately they can take several hours to kick in. I think it must be Opis that I'm craving, but I'm not gonna break, even though i still have some kratom wirhin arms reach i can and will resist now that I've set my mind to that mind-set.

Hopefully when the Lopes kick in eventually, later this afternoon, that will help. Maybe I'm reducing the Lopes too quickly and should go back up to 6 for a few more days? I don't want to get addicted to Lopes which is why I'm reducing down from an initial 10, down to 5 in just over 2 weeks. :?

That amount of lope is pretty small...
There's a guy on YouTube who took 300 a day for years...( he's dead now :(;),

Just take your taper slowly cos lope wds are nasty

Sorry to hear about the dead guy, though he must have been at least slightly unhinged to be taking 300 Lopes to start with. 8o

If Lope w/ds are nasty it makes me wonder whether its best to do a short, sharp taper, which will avoid addiction, rather than a longer drawn out taper which will help in the here and now, but only make things more difficult when i reduce and quit the Lopes at some point asap.:?

I think I will have another 1 Lope and another 1/4 of Clonidine, although that will accumulate the total daily dose to 50ucg which will almost certainly send me to sleep for a few hours. :\

Last edited:
Yeah it was some crazy orthodox Jewish dude who has MAJOR health issues....look it up on YouTube...

Ironically he did it cos he didn't want to be dependant on pills ;)

Definately a short taper as lope wds will make kratom wds seem like a holiday...
.trust me....I know :(

When should i reduce then? Whenever i feel stable on a certain dose, or be more ruthless and just push on through, reducing by 1 every couple of days or so?

I think you've been off the kratom long enough so find a dose of lope that makes You feel ok stabilize for a few days then reduce...

I also have just 1 strip of 0.4 bupe pills, just 7 pills in the strip, i wonder if i might be better switching to those, maybe when i get my Lope dose down to a comfortable 4 or 5.....

If i can manage to stabilize on 0.4 of bupe within a few days, i can halve the pills and take 0.2 for the final few days which should be a very easy jumping off point. I think that's where i jumped off bupe last time, on the 2nd attempt, which was successful.