• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Opiate addicted Weed Lovers: Favorite strains for withdrawals

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
I hope this flys

So we all know marijuana has it's medical benefits and as the internet/life has proven a lot of people have fallen victim to the easy trap that is opiate addiction.

Now that being said, when you're going through opiate withdrawals which strain of weed helps the most? I like indicas due to the relaxing body high where sativas can cause more anxiety.... but they are usually better for depression and sometimes anxiety! LOL so without just generalized terms like "a hybrid" or "an indica" lets get some strain names out there with their benefits!

For me I like a good old fashioned GDP for it's heavy sedative effects or something very sleepy like God's Gift.

Hopefully I'll get some advice and not just flak :?

From my experience a heavy indica will help tons it gives you that body stone like your on opies but im sure you already knew that. Edit: last strain i recall having during w/d was afghan goo. And boy did it ever help!

Last edited:
^this
But I'd imagine sativas probably make things worse do to head high alertness/antsyness not knocking you out.

Blueberry is amazing for this sort of thing

Man, I wish to come across some nice blueberry strains but they are few and far between in my circle ...

From my experience a heavy indica will help tons it gives you that body stone like your on opies but im sure you already knew that. Edit: last strain i recall having during w/d was afghan goo. And boy did it ever help!

Yeah, indicas seem to be the best what with the extreme body high. Just picked up some Holy Grail Kush and I plan on kicking as soon as I run out of H so I got me some indica-dominant hybrid marijuana, some xanax, and some remeron. plus doing a lope taper.

yeah i second the indicas

they seems to.work the best. and toss in some high cbd strains for.pain

anything mixed with purple. purple kush can never go wrong...

I don't know about which strains but if you have a vaporizer you can capsule the grounds for a great stoned long lasting body high or turn any strain into a really good indica. I've been using this throughout my benzo withdrawal.

CBD is actually an Agonist at the MU, Kappa, and Delta opioid receptors, which is something most people dont' know. This is why heavy smokers will swear to you that they feel physical withdrawal after quitting weed. I know I felt very sick for about a week after quitting weed the first time.

That said, since CBD is an Agonist at those sites, I usually get the heaviest indica around. Highest CBD, lowest THC content. Usually by day 3, I'll smoke a bunch of hash just to get high, as the worst of the anxiety/insomnia issues are gone by day 3-4 on Oxy.

Blueberry Kush knocked me out quickly. I'm on methadone so it's not a cold turkey thing but I'm getting pretty low on my dose so if I don't smoke I can't sleep for crap. I'm pretty lucky since MMJ just got approved my state(Ct) and I got my license, and the dispensary(weed) is literally 2 miles away. Og kush worked well too even though it's a hybrid, but I'd agree a heavy indica would seem to be the right choice. I'm getting an oz. of Skywalker Og, which is a heavy indica at lunch today, I'll let you know how that works out. Believe it or not I got a gram of Sour Diesel Wednesday and even though it's a sativa it made me pretty tired for some reason. I didn't get it where I usually do so I can't be 100% sure it was actually Sour Diesel(especially since the guy I got it from knows 2 strains Sour D & purp, so it could've been something different) but my regular weed guy knows his strains so the other ones I'm positive about. I'd say stay away from something like green crack. Even though it's a wonderful strain it definitely won't help with the sleep, and relaxation like a normal indica would.

I say it depends on what opies you were on. If i went through oxy w/d i wld perfer green crack cause oxys make me move n give me euphoria so i wouldnt wanna be stuck on a afghani at that point. On the other hand if i was on hydrocodone w/d i would def need a indica as hydro makes me sluggish and aint much euprhoia just pain free n sleepy like a indica.

I've never been physically addicted to opiates.

But when I would smoke if I just wanted to relax or get a body high that was nice like on opiates but without the itch or nausea, I would smoke a pure Indica type.

Oxy also would make me euphoric and hyper in some ways unless I was nodding on a moderate/high dose for me; but I would just smoke a Sativa.

Daytime I'd like a sweet hybrid like Blue Dream or Mango Kush as they don't cause me any anxiety and would give me the energy to do shit. At night something like Purple Urkle (a pure indica) to help me relax and sleep.

any muddafuckin strain dat be reelevin da RLS, mon. and let me eat da wifes terrible cookin widout hurlin it straight back up, yah.