• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opanna and PTSD

Please help. I've been taking percocet for about 4 months now for extreme back pain and I love the way it makes me feel. The other day i tried a blue bill with a k 9 score on the front which I believe is oxycodone 30 instant release. I hated the way it made me feel drowsy nodding off lazy not going to do anything. I've never done heroin but I'm sure that's what it felt like. I'm about to get a op 30 which I believe is oxycodone 30 extended release I wanted to know is there anyway I can make it feels like percocet instead of the oxycodone 30 instant release I had. I want it to feel like taking a percocet. Giving me an instant release, but not as strong as the op 30 ir. Please help. are there any suggestions

Please help. I've been taking percocet for about 4 months now for extreme back pain and I love the way it makes me feel. The other day i tried a blue bill with a k 9 score on the front which I believe is oxycodone 30 instant release. I hated the way it made me feel drowsy nodding off lazy not going to do anything. I've never done heroin but I'm sure that's what it felt like. I'm about to get a op 30 which I believe is oxycodone 30 extended release I wanted to know is there anyway I can make it feels like percocet instead of the oxycodone 30 instant release I had. I want it to feel like taking a percocet. Giving me an instant release, but not as strong as the op 30 ir. Please help. are there any suggestions

You posted this same question in other threads.......start your own thread with this question or Google search your question through this site.

Vet, I know you've been through a lot over there but I was wondering if you could live your life w/o antidepressants?

Antidepressants IMO cause worse problems to people on them than with people not using them. I don't in any way want to talk you out of your antidepressants if they are making your life better.

Do you think you can cope with depression/anxiety by just using Opana & anything else the doctor is prescribing except for the antidepressant?

I just like to take the Opana for fun, maybe 2-3 times a month and thats it. The anti-depressants are the only meds that keep me from having anxiety. They are helping me a lot with the PTSD. So no I have to take them, my wife even tells me she can tell if I happen to forget to take them for just one day. Im very irritable and super lazy. And they help a lot.

I didn't sweat as much as I do now since Ive been on the anti-depressants. Thats where I thought all the sweating was coming from. Mixing them with the Opana.

Severe sweating is a sign of serotonin overload, probably due to the Lexapro combined with the Opana. The sweating itself is nothing to worry about, but if you ever need to increase your dose of Lexapro for any reason BE VERY CAREFUL the next time you want to use an opiate, and consider using a more cautious dose until you're sure everything is going to be OK. Same goes if you need to switch to a new antidepressant.

PM me if you want to read some more about how opiates and SSRI's interact.

edit: ah screw it I'll just post the link in case anyone else wants to read about it (diaphoresis = excess sweating fyi):
Case Scenario: Opioid Association with Serotonin Syndrome: Implications to the Practitioners

Last edited:
Opioids cause sweating - this is normal. Also, that is a large dose for a non-tolerant individual.

Yes, Opana will make a person sweat or feel very warm. All opiates cause a feeling of being in a warm cocoon, which can make a person sweat.

I believe this reason people feel very warm on opiates is because opiates dilate the blood vessels which causes a greater feeling of warmth? I'm not fully sure on this but read it somewhere

Yes, Opana will make a person sweat or feel very warm. All opiates cause a feeling of being in a warm cocoon, which can make a person sweat.

I believe this reason people feel very warm on opiates is because opiates dilate the blood vessels which causes a greater feeling of warmth? I'm not fully sure on this but read it somewhere

This is correct........my first & only time using Opana, I was overwhelmed & had to take off my shirt because I felt very warm. I can imagine if I was snorting lines like some.

I never felt like this with hydrocodone, oxycodone or even methadone for that matter.