• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opana question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... Did you have any luck? No stress, I'm just eager to see some credible values on oxymorphone bioavailability by different routes of administration. As you say, they're not easy to find.

A reference to the paper would do just fine. Or simply the title. I've got access to full-text journals at work, and I could pull it from MedLine myself.

These were the best I could find. They're old, but you might find them interesting anyway:

Beaver WT, Feise GA. "A comparison of the analgesic effect of oxymorphone by rectal suppository and intramuscular injection in patients with postoperative pain." J Clin Pharmacol 1977, 17(5-6):276-91

Hussain MA, Aungst BJ. "Intranasal absorption of oxymorphone." J Pharm Sci 1997, 86(8 ):975-6.

I would just like to say that i insufflate opana every time i use it and when i use a hose clamp to break it down and snort it i feel like it takes atleast 15 minutes for the buzz to come on which leads me to suspect the time release is never completely defeated.

The time release is in the entire pill.... Breaking the pill does nothing.. Fatty meal might help.. I snort mine.. Thus using less and getting more out of it.

Why drag up an old thread to add nothing of value to it. The thread wasn't meant to be about breaking the time release, seems like the OP just wants to take less of them but still help his back pain like they do when he takes a whole pill.

Closing

DaddyPhatSax if you feel your question hasn't been fully answered then just PM me and I will reopen the thread. Just seems as though we will be repeating ourselves again and again otherwise.

Mugz

Status
Not open for further replies.