• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opana IR silicosis

Natem907

Greenlighter
I'm am trying to find information for a family member. I am aware that the BA for opana is stronger when snorted compared to orally. However, I have found the the ER pills contain fillers that can cause silicosis. I've looked everywhere on the Internet and can't find any information about whether the opana IR pink tablets have the same harmful fillers. My family member suggested that they should snort their pills, but with the risk of lung damage, I expressed my concerns. If someone could give me some information for them that would be great. The pills are 09O2 I believe, I know it has fillers, but I don't know if they're harmful enough to be of concern. Thanks.

I can't give you a specific answer, but well. Practically all pills contain some kind of binders that is not good for your sinuses/lungs. Silicosis is caused by very finely ground silicon dioxide (e.g silica gel), though, which as far as I know would be far more harmful to lung tissue than the binders in pills. I can't imagine pills containing silicon dioxide though.

E: I stand corrected - it does appear that silica is indeed added to pills as a lubricant. The more you know. Anyway, it's not a very good idea to snort pills anyway. If you're that insistent on snorting it though, you can do a water extraction to produce a powder containing only your drug.

Last edited:
Yeah, in general, don't snort pills. The active opioid in opana (oxymorphone) is very water soluble and you can dissolve the pills in water, filter out the oxymorphone and set it to dry over time, if you insist on snorting.

I'll be straight-up with you:

I was doing only about 10 mg of 40 mg ER opana pills/day and by the end of 8-12 months my nose was fucked up.
It's been about 8 months since I quit, but I still have problems breathing out of one of my nostrils. I'm in great health, however I do have much experience with snorting things. The interesting thing is that during my Opana addiction, I was snorting such a ridiculously small amount, and I mean less than the width and length of a toothpick per day. Prior to this, I had snorted lines the size of shoelaces (of another drug) almost every day for about a year. That left me with no damage.
When I quit Opana, one of the worst parts of my withdrawal was the pulsing, aching, sore feeling in my sinuses that was left to ache with every heartbeat every day for about a month after all of the other symptoms stopped.

If you're using your lungs for suction, powder will most definitely get in. That said, there are ways to snort things without a speck of powder touching the lungs. See these threads:

Much more efficient intranasal
Lung safe snorting

I started that second thread (my first / second on BL) specifically to address the threat of silicosis when snorting. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
If you're using your lungs for suction, powder will most definitely get in. That said, there are ways to snort things without a speck of powder touching the lungs. See these threads:

Much more efficient intranasal
Lung safe snorting

I started that second thread (my first / second on BL) specifically to address the threat of silicosis when snorting. I hope that helps.

Wow dude! Props for those threads man! I'm gonna give that a shot. Thanks dude!

I'm am trying to find information for a family member. I am aware that the BA for opana is stronger when snorted compared to orally. However, I have found the the ER pills contain fillers that can cause silicosis. I've looked everywhere on the Internet and can't find any information about whether the opana IR pink tablets have the same harmful fillers. My family member suggested that they should snort their pills, but with the risk of lung damage, I expressed my concerns. If someone could give me some information for them that would be great. The pills are 09O2 I believe, I know it has fillers, but I don't know if they're harmful enough to be of concern. Thanks.

We all know it's for you!!!!