• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana - How much fat to eat to increase effects/BA? What about alcohol?

ILikeToEatPeople

Greenlighter
I've read all over the place that eating a fatty meal before taking Opana (in this case generic Opana ER G-series) will increase oral bioavailability, sometimes significantly. I have not seen although any precise information on how much fat needs to be consumed or if it matters what type of fat. If I were to for example take a couple spoonfuls of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (it's high in fat) would that be enough, even if I consumed just that on an otherwise empty stomach? Would that not work and I'd need to scarf down a couple big ass fast food burgers or something? What in particular is recommended?

Also, I have had doctors and pharmacists say that eating dairy with Opana will REDUCE its effects. How much truth is there to that? I'm wondering because I've seen people say that they eat ice cream or other dairy products high as shit in fat content to potentiate Opana so I'm unsure if there's something to it or not. Wouldn't dairy at the very least decrease rate of absorption?

Does anyone have actual personal experience with eating something high in fat and having success with increasing the effects of Opana? If so, what did you eat? What works?

Lastly, if anyone knows of any other ways that actually work to potentiate Opana I'd appreciate it. Supposedly alcohol can increase bioavailability MASSIVELY and I've heard people say up to 270% but how does that even make sense? I mean, how the hell can you have over 100% BA? You can't just absorb more of a drug than 100% of what it actually contains (I would logically think anyways) so if this alcohol crap is real then what is actually happening?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2621383/
In vitro studies show no effect of alcohol on the release of oxymorphone ER from the matrix; however, a volunteer study (Endo Pharmaceuticals 2007) showed that following the concomitant administration of 240 mL of 20% ethanol, the Cmax increased on average by 31%, with a wide range of variation. Thus, as with all opioids, consumption of alcohol beverages should be avoided. A volunteer study in healthy individuals showed that when oxymorphone was taken with a high-fat meal, the Cmax was increased by 38% compared with fasted volunteers (Endo Pharmaceuticals 2007). It is recommended to take oxymorphone on an empty stomach. As with many medications, plasma levels of oxymorphone were found to be higher (40%) in elderly than younger subjects. There is no known gender effect on the pharmacokinetics of oxymorphone.
240 ml 20% ethanol can result in increased respiratory depression, so don't do it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2621383/

240 ml 20% ethanol can result in increased respiratory depression, so don't do it

Cmax is basically the level of the drug in terms of how much accumulates in the body right? Providing tolerance was fairly big would it be alright or does respiratory depression increase by some insane amount or something? Say if someone could take 5 or 6 Opanas of the current dose and be totally fine, would taking a shot of alcohol with just one pill increase respiratory depression to a dangerous level beyond what would occur by taking 5 or 6 pills? Really the goal is increase effectiveness and allow the medicine to be stretched somewhat.

I would NOT drink alcohol on top of an extremely potent opioid like Opana.. Alcohol quadruples your chance of an overdose.

As far as fatty meals go... Yes, it def. potentiates both Oxy's.. Oxycodone/Oxymorphone.

What I do is, take my dose.. and immidiatly eat a fatty type meal.. my choice of meal is a Big Mac combo, large size. Or a huge costco slice of pizza with a chocolate shake.. ALWAYS hits the spot.

Not alcohol. It will extract the opana out of the gel causing all of the medication to release at once.

Something like a cup of yogurt, glass of milk, or a nice piece of cheese would work.

Edit: I recommend eating the high fatty meal 10-30 minutes before dosing depending on if your a fast or slow metaboliser. You want to have the fat in your stomach with the opana as it's the fat that acts like a boat carrying extra opana through that would otherwise be metabolised if I'm not mistaken

Not alcohol. It will extract the opana out of the gel causing all of the medication to release at once.

Something like a cup of yogurt, glass of milk, or a nice piece of cheese would work.

Edit: I recommend eating the high fatty meal 10-30 minutes before dosing depending on if your a fast or slow metaboliser. You want to have the fat in your stomach with the opana as it's the fat that acts like a boat carrying extra opana through that would otherwise be metabolised if I'm not mistaken

Do you have personal experience with milk or cheese working? I ask because I've been told by various doctors and pharmacists that dairy products significantly decrease the effectiveness of Opana whether fatty or not. Do you think it'd work by taking like a couple spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil with some frozen slider burgers?

Didn't you already start a thread recently where you asked these exact same questions?

Anyway, I think the answers you are looking for can't really be found. Everyone is different. So how well(if at all) a fatty meal changes the BA of Opana is going to be different from person to person. What kind of fatty meals that help increase BA will change from person to person. Etc...

I think high fat meals are normally around 50% fat in terms of caloric intake. So eating something like a big Mac would be a high-fat meal. Olive oil, however, would be a much healthier option, and you could just add enough so that half your calories are coming from fat. I don't think you would need alot of olive oil because fats are very energy dense.

I think a little pasta (with a creamy sauce) or a stir fry meal with loads of olive oil would give you plenty of fat.

DO NOT DRINK ON THIS MEDICATION!​

Combing CNS depressants can cause respiratory depression. This risk is very high with oxymorphone, it's a highly potent opioid.

A fatty meal may help absorption, but the effects will be minimal. Maybe look into the different routes of administration and their respective bioavailabilities..

Cmax is basically the level of the drug in terms of how much accumulates in the body right? Providing tolerance was fairly big would it be alright or does respiratory depression increase by some insane amount or something? Say if someone could take 5 or 6 Opanas of the current dose and be totally fine, would taking a shot of alcohol with just one pill increase respiratory depression to a dangerous level beyond what would occur by taking 5 or 6 pills? Really the goal is increase effectiveness and allow the medicine to be stretched somewhat.

Cmax is the maximum/peak serum concentration of a drug after you take it
It's impossible to say how much alcohol will increase respiratory depression as it's not linear, but exponential and imo it's never safe, so don't do it

Do you have personal experience with milk or cheese working? I ask because I've been told by various doctors and pharmacists that dairy products significantly decrease the effectiveness of Opana whether fatty or not. Do you think it'd work by taking like a couple spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil with some frozen slider burgers?
I don't know why dairy products wouldn't work. I'd uses to eat pizza rolls and the fat comes from cheese and pepperoni and it would definitely work.

does anyone know if its ok to eat a meal 2 hours before snorting 5mg of opana? because I'm taking it for the first time and I'm starving.

does anyone know if its ok to eat a meal 2 hours before snorting 5mg of opana? because I'm taking it for the first time and I'm starving.

You're snorting it, so it's going into your nasal cavity. No it will not be a problem

Most of it will be abosrbed in your nose, while some will get to your stomach, but it seems like fatty meals incrase bioavailability, so yes, it's ok.