• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OP 10s question..

crunchyplanets

Bluelighter
I never had them before. I have a very low tolerance, 5 mg percocet gets where I want without being nauseous. So, I cut it in half with a pill cutter, will this 10mg op cut in half be equivalent to 5 mg percs? I never took the extended release either, and from what I gather, these ones are extended release. Anything different with the extended releases?

Thanks in advance.

I understand that low tolerance - I used to be able to do 60mg and not have any major side effects, now I can't go above 30 or else I get really sick. Hell, sometimes I get sick on 5mg.
OP10 - that's Oxycontin 10mg, which is stronger than the Percocet which has Oxycodone. Yes, if you cut it in half you should get the same effects, if not stronger.

With extended release pills, not all of the drug gets released right away, so you might be better off taking the whole thing if it is indeed XR. Try Zofran/Ondansatron to combat the nausea. If you don't have access to this, simply lying down when you take the pill and waiting until you feel the effects works for me.

Okay, let me ask you this...ive taken oxy 20s, the instant release ones. I quartered them and took a quarter. From what I gather, this is like that, but extended release? It didn't have a score on it, and all over the Internet it says, "don't crush, chew, or break" the pill. This was so easy to cut with the pill cutter, is that normal?

Okay, let me ask you this...ive taken oxy 20s, the instant release ones. I quartered them and took a quarter. From what I gather, this is like that, but extended release? It didn't have a score on it, and all over the Internet it says, "don't crush, chew, or break" the pill. This was so easy to cut with the pill cutter, is that normal?

Wait, it didn't have a score on it? Are you saying you don't know if you even took oxycodone, or you just don't know if it's extended release? I mean, it's a pill cutter, it shouldn't be too difficult to cut it. You can crush pills that are extended release, although most come in capsules. I'm more concerned about the no scoring thing.

But to answer your question - a 10mg OP XR pill would be equivalent to a quarter of a 20mg oxycodone. 5mg should be released from the XR pill initially, and the rest will be released over time.

I didn't take it yet. Weeks ago i had those 20 mg oxycodone pills without Tylenol, it was grey and had a 57 on it, and had a score and they were IR.I quarted the pills and took a quarter like every 4 or 6 hours. This time it is just small, round says OP on 1 side, and 10 on the other, with no score going through it. My friend took half of one last night. I went to sleep and held out.

That's interesting that the 10 mg OP is equivalent to a quarter of the 20 mg oxy.

But it is safe that it's cut in half? I even quartered it to just try a quarter, which I'll just do now. I heard that if there isnt a score, then a pill isnt meant to be cut. I just wanted to know what I'm taking, before I take it, and you really helped out. Thank you for your replies, they are MUCH appreciated.

They are rather hard to cut, not impossible but harder. You are not supposed to cut CR pills because it can destroy the CR mechanism and dump too much dose into your system. But Oxycontin 10mg is a low dose and even if this happens, you still arent getting a whole lot of oxy all at once and the CR mechanism is robust anyway and still may be active after cutting. You should just take the whole thing as about 30% is IR and the rest released slowly over 12 hours.

Thank you kittycat and cannablisss, i understand this more now. I took the half, felt nice and warm. Tomorrow im gonna take a whole one. It's interesting, the whole extended release thing. I never knew they made oxycodone like this. I see a lot of people dont like it, i can say i honestly don't mind it.

But seriously, thank you. I have a better understanding of it.

Don't mean to hijack a thread but I am prescribed 10 mg ER OxyContin twice a day and 5 mg Oxycode IR three times a day. If I don't take the extended release is it safe to take six of the 5 mg pills? I have a medium tolerance and 30 mg Is what it takes to relieve my pain. It probably is a stupid question but I was just curious with taking so many pills at one time would it be hard on the liver I know there is no Tylenol in them so forgive me for my Naïve question. I do this daily. Was wondering also what The max amount of 5 mg pills to take at one time. Any help would be appreciated thank you?

It shouldn't be a problem if you've been taking what you said for a good while and have tolerance. It will hit you harder than the ER pill would as they release right away so nausea may be a factor if you're not used to the 30mg punch all at once safety wise you should be okay though if you have a tolerance. Also don't expect it to last as long as the ER as there will be no time release factor.

It shouldn't be a problem if you've been taking what you said for a good while and have tolerance. It will hit you harder than the ER pill would as they release right away so nausea may be a factor if you're not used to the 30mg punch all at once safety wise you should be okay though if you have a tolerance. Also don't expect it to last as long as the ER as there will be no time release factor.

Thank you for your response JJ the 30 mg just relieves my pain I've had some pretty high doses of opiates after multiple surgeries. I was prescribed MS Contin 30 mg so the 10 mg ER really does nothing so I need at least 30 mg of the IR to get relief just want to make sure wasn't too hard on the liver or kidneys thank you for your response greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your response JJ the 30 mg just relieves my pain I've had some pretty high doses of opiates after multiple surgeries. I was prescribed MS Contin 30 mg so the 10 mg ER really does nothing so I need at least 30 mg of the IR to get relief just want to make sure wasn't too hard on the liver or kidneys thank you for your response greatly appreciated.

Not a problem, glad to help.