• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Oops, um help? 2dpmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope they checked you out thoroughly and got the BP sorted. but yeah they will take the stance of 'your fault' even though the same could be said for people eating cholesterol laden foods, sugar, salt etc.
the job is to treat the sick and they forget that no matter how you got there, you are sick.

Exactly.

Sorry, I need to rant a bit about them now. :X

Firstly the nurses were all really really nice and friendly, nearly without fail.

Out of the few doctors that looked at me I would say that there was only one doctor that was nice and sympathetic to me, after she spoke to me for a bit when I first came in within about 30 minutes I was starting to calm down and slowly recovering. She seemed very worried for me, consulted another nice doctor and they agreed to keep me in for at least 24 hours to monitor me considering the dosage I had taken, and said I might have to come back a few times after recovering to check if there was any damage caused.

Then a nurse came along and seeing I had calmed a bit said she was going to get a "more experienced" doctor to look at me. She came along asked a few questions, said I was an idiot and I had to go soon (BPM, chest pain and blood pressure went straight back up at the thought of being discharged with my level of extreme paranoia/discomfort!), shortly heard her moaning in the background about how other people deserved the bed more than me so I should go as soon as possible. Feeling guilty and angry and wanting to argue back is the last thing your vitals and mental state needs when recovering from a massive overdose. I was so upset by hearing people around say this that I kept standing up and insisting to sit on chairs incase I was taking up a bed someone else might need. I was in no state to argue with her when she said I had to leave, even though I knew I'd likely spiral when leaving that safe environment. So she said right you can go, no discharge notes, no real advice apart from go home and rest, gave me a leaflet on alcoholism (the fact I drink a lot seemed the most important thing to her) and when I asked how I should get back home when it was an hours walk away and I had no wallet phone or transport this "wasn't her problem".

Shortly after she discharged me and I had tryed to lie down and rest for half an hour or so (whole time BPM rising) I eventually blacked out again from the chest tightness becoming unbearable. When I came back in (with shooting chest pains, BP 190/110, BPM 130) she seemed furious, and without even reading the report of why I was back in said I must have not followed her instructions to rest and she was going to ring my parents. I said I didn't want her to do that (why worry them sick with a "come in, your sons overdosed on drugs" call at this point?!). So she got defensive and said she would let me in for two hours and then I had to go. Its after she said that my BP, BPM and chest pain got their worse and stayed that way for another 5 hours or so (average ~180/120) with BPM 130, UNTIL the nice nurse came back to check on me. She answered any health anxieties I was having without getting angry or making me feel foolish for asking. Then the other one came back.

After I suggested she look at the AMD report on 2dpmp as a resource as the NHS had no record or treatment for it on their database (past a select few toxbase entries) she looked angry, and said that she had already read it the AMD report and the standard holding time for 2dpmp overdose was four hours before discharge. Complete lie though, they dont even mention holding times or specific ways to treat it in the report. 4 hours is a ridiculous idea for a drug that lasts this long. When I asked what I should do if I black out again on the walk back apparently, "blackouts are like having the flu", not very nice but not worth coming into A&E for, and if it kept happening I should just put up with it.

Even though my vitals had all risen for the worse from the last three readings the doctor suggested to a nurse to tell me to go home in half an hour and left.

If I was in any state to I would have argued back with them sometimes. But they really made me feel guilty that I was selfish to be sat their as it was my fault I was in this severe agony.

Should have asked her to explain how exactly someone who made an honest mistake and took too much of a completely non-recreational study aid used to help pass a degree was different from someone who made an honest mistake by say breaking their arm by not fastening the saddle on their horse correctly, or not doing their seatbelt up.

Much later when eventually I did leave I asked if I could have a copy or quickly look at the medical records as I was curious about what they had said about me, they refused to show me them as they were "confidential". Urm, they're MY records, right?

Right, sleep, take 3.

Feeling optomistic for sleep now after 8mg diaz, but still gona feel over stimmed when I wake up I bet (If someone takes 50mg, then it will take 3 days for the amount left in their body to drop to 7mg) so now its 48 hours I've still got at least 10mg in my system, maybe more.

After circa 96 hours (t+4 days) you should have ~2mg in your system. 2 more days. You'll probably sleep tomorrow what with the accumulated tolerance though. Hang in there pal.

Drinking lots of acidic juice and eating benzos/antihistamine sleep aids will help. Don't overdo the antihistamines if you choose to use them as they may cause delerium.

Drinking lots of acidic juice and eating benzos/antihistamine sleep aids will help. Don't overdo the antihistamines if you choose to use them as they may cause delerium.

Sweet thanks <3

I presume that promethazine might be better than dph as its more a mild antipsychotic + anti-histamine than just an anti-histamine?

Somehow amazingly I think I just managed to nod off for about 30 mins when the diaz kicked in fully, but had a palpitation which woke me up. Pulse isn't amazingly regular but there no worrying pattern to it. Doubt I'll be able to get back asleep for a good while now.

Last edited:
NDRI drugs are amazingly safe, you'll just be edgy and liable to blackout for a while, there's no real risk of permanent damage aside from that incurred by a stressful event. Even in an overdose situation like you.

Promethazine would work lovely, but don't exceed about 100-150mg of it.

Sweet. ^ I guess then that the fact that I am a naturally anxious person anyway was why my symptoms variated so much depending on the circumstances, they just got severe when I was panicking. Thanks for all the replies peeps, some other forums would have just given me a massive lecture and had a go at me for being an idiot. Why I chose to sign up here, your advice was invaluable, will be sticking around for a bit for sure :D

Last edited:
Was wondering another thing, the doc said that my highest bp of 200/120 didn't worry him. He said that that he would only be concerned if it reached 280/140 or above. That seems ridiculous to me though! Your eyes would surely pop out 8( mine felt like they would at 200/120!

Your BP can rise to astronomical levels for temporary periods of time without major damage. It's only when it becomes chronic, underlies some other medical problem, or you have a fragile circulatory system that it becomes a real problem.

Ok pulse is at complete bassline now when rested. Still cant sleep at all, whats keeping me up now? I though it was pretty much your BPM that determined that.

It's residual stimulation, there arew many many factors that determione the ability to sleep. More than just heart rate.

definately just got out of bed and trod on a snake. The walk to the pharmacy in 2 hours for the last 8mg diaz is gona b interesting :D

Dude this stuff is hardcore. I've waited for the last vallies to wear off and I feel really edgy and stimmy again, my muslces are tightening, my pupils have dilated again, this is 60 hours after first dose still. Awake for 90 hours now. Answered my phone about five times a sec ago then realised im just hallucinating the ringing!

Gona have to save this 6mg diaz till this gets really uncomfortable, I have no money, no phone, no booze, and no flatmates that would understand this situation lol

Last edited:
You've still got about a day before you're guaranteed sleep, if you are hallucinating you need to hole up in a dark room with calm music, some light snacks, and a lot of water.

Let a friend (or friends, family) know whats up too?

Let a friend (or friends, family) know whats up too?

Na tbh I'm ok with sleep psychosis, I've done six days before and even though I trip out I never seem to get to the point where I start to think the hallucinations or noises are real so tend to stay in control.

Last edited:
Tum tee tum, still awake! Oddly every time I take one my 2mg vallies (just took my last, fucking hope I sleep soon) the hallucinations stop quite considerably. Just eaten, gona watch malcolm in the middle. Palpitations quite frequently is only physical symptom now.

So took it 80 hours ago, been up for 110 hours.

It looks like its actually raining in my room! splashes on the floor and everything. This is actually quite fun .... for now.

Hang in there buddy,

by the way this is pretty random but you should over the course of a week or so (when you are sober or feeling in control and "sane") listen to some sort of a soundtrack that you find interesting and while listening to it anchor it to some object that you will be able to look at if at any time in the future you have a situation where you are having a "bad trip" you can kinda pull yourself out, back to actual reality. Google - how to anchor a state of mind

Haha, I know this kinda is useless to you OP atm, as well as in this scenario in general (well except that this technique could've helped with the hallucinations..)

Ok, only had a few brief psychosis type scares (noise made me think someone was in my cupboard for ages lol) but now I've taken 80mg promethazine delusions seem to be much more under control. Gona crack a beer or two to chill, smoke just one last 50mg dose of 2dpmp, take 20mg more promethazine and try to sleep again.

Status
Not open for further replies.