• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

One week off Abilify timing with LSD and MDMA?

Generic84

Bluelighter
I recently started Abilify for about the past week at 5 mg at night. I know the half life is around 75 hours, I also know it takes a while to build up. I was wondering if I abstained for a week, if that would suffice for enough time to candyflip. I heard mention of four half lives, which would be about 12.5 days. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Don't usually bump own threads, but anyone have any idea? Don't want to waste, if Abilify is going to cancel the effects.

Last edited:
I've heard 4 halflifes aswell. I can feel when Serequel is out of my system, and that does take 24 hours which is 4 halflifes, I've read though that there is active metabolites with a 12 hour halflife. My advice would be to feel if the medicine is still in your blood or not. If you can, then it may not be worth trying.

Just don't. Frequently starting and stopping anti-psychotics such as Abilify is something worth avoiding. With regular consumption of those drugs your brain adapts and sudden discontinuation frequently results in worse symptoms than were originally present.

If you're taking medication such as Abilify, take them regularly about 3 months. If the side effects of the medication outweigh the benefits consider discontinuing the medication. When discontinuing the medication taper your dose down slowly over several weeks.

Part of the challenge in treating people with anti-psychotics is the medications aren't effective at eliminating negative symptoms and have excessive side effects. Often patients understandably choose discontinuing the medication. The complication is sudden discontinuation of psychotropic medications often results in exacerbating the original symptoms temporarily. This is important to say, when discontinuing anti-psychotics taper your dose down slowly over several weeks.

Just don't. Frequently starting and stopping anti-psychotics such as Abilify is something worth avoiding. With regular consumption of those drugs your brain adapts and sudden discontinuation frequently results in worse symptoms than were originally present.

If you're taking medication such as Abilify, take them regularly about 3 months. If the side effects of the medication outweigh the benefits consider discontinuing the medication. When discontinuing the medication taper your dose down slowly over several weeks.

Part of the challenge in treating people with anti-psychotics is the medications aren't effective at eliminating negative symptoms and have excessive side effects. Often patients understandably choose discontinuing the medication. The complication is sudden discontinuation of psychotropic medications often results in exacerbating the original symptoms temporarily. This is important to say, when discontinuing anti-psychotics taper your dose down slowly over several weeks.

Okay, I understand. I only used the Abilify for about six or seven days. Have discontinued since Tuesday. I'm going to probably candyflip around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I'm just wondering if the Abilify would still effect these drugs or since I was only on the medicine for one week would be negligible?

Found this thread. Appears after a week should work, since I didn't use Abilify for two weeks to get a steady plasma state. Was only 5 mg as well, so would think a week would only have 25 percent of the drug if that still in the bloodstream.